Profile for Alisdair S. > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
St Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse 240 ml
St Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse 240 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me have a nice glow, 11 Jan. 2016
Buying this my favourite fake tan , buying off Amazon direct saves money.

It is the only formula I just apply for half an hour and shower off , couple of hours later, I am lovely and golden. As it is developing even after rinsing off.

I have spoken to friends to wear it overnight in bed but the top coat feels yukky and sticky and would badly stain the bedclothes, plus it says keep on 4 hours tops then rinse colour guide off.

And I have never had an allergic reaction like I did with the No7 one!

Bepanthen Ointment 100g
Bepanthen Ointment 100g
Offered by Express Essentials

4.0 out of 5 stars Good healing ointment, use sparingly, 11 Jan. 2016
In use for tattoo healing it is fab.

I put my tube in the fridge thinking it would be cooler on the skin but it then didnt squeeze out the tube and the formula doesnt like sudden changes to temperature. It ended up clogged and couldnt get it to come out, but that was my fault. Very soothing on the skin .

Micropore Surgical Tape 25mm x 5m
Micropore Surgical Tape 25mm x 5m
Offered by Greens Pharmacy

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy for your 1st aid kit, 11 Jan. 2016
I dont know why the picture shows a little dispenser as all that arrives is the roll itself. The image is for illustration only.

It adheres to skin well and held bandage on.

GAUZE SWABS 10CM 8PLY 100 NUMARK 44201
GAUZE SWABS 10CM 8PLY 100 NUMARK 44201
Offered by Your247Chemist

2.0 out of 5 stars It is what it us, 11 Jan. 2016
The gauze felt quite rough on my skin but it was useful for padding over a wound.

Emma Barclay Damask Rose Tablecloth, Cream, 60 x 84 Inch
Emma Barclay Damask Rose Tablecloth, Cream, 60 x 84 Inch
Offered by Perfect Home Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and attractive design too, 11 Jan. 2016
Washes up well and keeps its colour. Stains come out and it is very practical and fuss free doesnt need ironing. Dries fast so no need to use tumble drier either. I shake it after I machine wash it and put it over my table again and its dry within about an hour .

Regatta Women's Pack It Waterproof Jacket - Black, Size 18
Regatta Women's Pack It Waterproof Jacket - Black, Size 18

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy for travel, 11 Jan. 2016
It's great and made slightly oversized for your size, just so you can wear normal clothes under it. It is great that is is foldaway and truly does keep wind and rain off you no leaks no wet shoulders, every car should have a couple in the glovebox and in school bags and rucksacks for unexpected downpours .It is thin and unlined and merely a protector from rain but in my opinion superior to a brolly and your upper torso and hair stays bone dry , as little adjusters under chin to tighten hood right up.

Regatta Women's Keeta 3 in 1 Jacket - Lollipop, Size 18
Regatta Women's Keeta 3 in 1 Jacket - Lollipop, Size 18

3.0 out of 5 stars Cosy a bit bulky though, 11 Jan. 2016
My particular jacket fitted well the fleece makes the armholes feel bulky and is exposed a bit at my wrists. I like the zipping pockets and chest pocket and the adjusters kept me bone dry.

However, maybe I had a faulty one as the main zip would not do up very well, standing up trying four or five times asking a friend to help. It eventually zipped up I thought it was just stiff cos it was new and to persevere as it was a good price paid compared to the RRP .

Tried jacket on a few more times but sadly , the zip even though lined up and straight was jamming at the start , I was thinking I dont want it to break so dont want to pull too much.

I have now returned it for a refund, after a couple of days of "zip frustration", I own several other variant of Regatta jackets/fleeces and all of the zips are ace , so I think it was just bad luck .

iLuv iEP314 Blue In Ear Headphones with Black Flat Cable
iLuv iEP314 Blue In Ear Headphones with Black Flat Cable
Offered by BigWhiteRabbit

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value earphones, 11 Jan. 2016
The buds fell out when I put my hood up on a rainy day ,the rubber has a sheen off of it and doesnt grip the ear as much as I would like.

The sound is good , the little clip didnt seem to work it kept falling open.

Taking a while getting the wire straight leaving on coffee table stretched out overnight and the wire was still a bit twisted looking.

But they look nice and they work well with my devices.

Lotus Larch, Women's Ankle Boots, Black (Black), 5 UK (38 EU)
Lotus Larch, Women's Ankle Boots, Black (Black), 5 UK (38 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely fit and well made, 11 Jan. 2016
Great boots, lovely soft leather, perfect fit and nice low-ish heel. I have several pairs of Lotus leather shoes and boots , so I recommend the brand.

Panasonic EH-NA65-K Smooth & Shiny Hair Dryer with Nanoe Technology
Panasonic EH-NA65-K Smooth & Shiny Hair Dryer with Nanoe Technology

3.0 out of 5 stars Thick hair dries quickly, 1 Dec. 2015
I have to be fair and honest here so, it looks lovely colour-wise and it does dry hair quickly and eliminates a fair bit of frizz. Thick hair like mine takes an age to dry usually so I get good results using this hairdryer.

However a couple of points to mention. I dry my own hair and using it for even a couple of minutes use, my left arm is agony and cos the dryer is so heavy, my arm "goes to sleep" holding it. I am fairly fit and healthy and have no underlying arthritic or muscular conditions. But I have to keep switching it off and shaking the circulation back into my really sore cramping arm. I am surprised no other ladies are saying this : it weighs a bloomin' tonne!

Also, I was very worried .I used the highest heat setting today briefly, and I burnt my scalp! OMG I thought some of the hair on the back of my scalp had went on fire. So hot I got a a bit of a fright and I think it is because there was metal on my round brush and it heated up . I would be worried someone could have an injury on the high setting which I am dubious about using that setting again. My gold chain necklace that I wear also heated up with the hot air blasting. I advise you to remove jewellery for safety's sake when using it .

I feel it doesn't represent true value for money, is bulky and it feels like am holding up a house brick and its a scalding risk too. The 3 stars are because it does appear to reduce frizz and hair feels softer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20