Profile for Dingley Dell > Reviews

Content by Dingley Dell

Dingley Dell "Dingley Dell" (Leeds UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ronhill Wrist Bottle - Clear/Black, 500 ml
Ronhill Wrist Bottle - Clear/Black, 500 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 8 April 2015
Top is a bit stiff when running apart from that it carries my water round as I drink it!

Paddington
Paddington
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Only a marmalade sandwich not quite enough to pack the full picnic!, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Paddington (DVD)
A good family film we all laughed a lot and the plot worked well. it gets lost a little at times and the family are believable they are a bit lightweight. Wasn't disappointed but not five stars!

Toshiba Mobile Air Conditioning Unit KYR-25CO/X1C
Toshiba Mobile Air Conditioning Unit KYR-25CO/X1C
Offered by Energy Saving Bulbs/Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compact unit, 5 Aug. 2014
Use this in our server room at work it has replaced a bigger unit and as the room is tight the extra room created is good. The unit is quite (rellative to the other A/C units we have used over the years). It cools well and as it is self emptying that is a real plus.

Our old unit was also self emptying but if it ran hard would require water and if too humid it would require emptying.

Cant say anything on reliability but we are satisfied so far

The Farm
The Farm

1.0 out of 5 stars I loved child 44 but this is just junk, 29 July 2014
This review is from: The Farm (Kindle Edition)
Sorry but I would love o be writing a posiive review of the farm. It is however pants thats the only thing I could say. Its slow boring and he charcters are two dimensional. Compared to the child 44 trilogy its like its been writen by someone else I am so disappointed.
I got so board I couldnt finish it, lifes too short.

Broadchurch
Broadchurch

5.0 out of 5 stars Five star David Tennant and Oliver Colmam, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Broadchurch (DVD)
Bloody fantastic Dr Who without the tardis Broadchurch is a great British cop programme made by ITV. Worth a watch keeps you guessing right to the end a five stars in my book.

Uni-ball UB200 Vision Elite Rollerball Pen 0.8mm Tip 0.6mm Line Black Ref 9007000 [Pack of 12]

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these pens for work I use them all the time, 24 Jun. 2014
These are the best disposable pens they glide over the page, I press quite hard and these suit me well, I write neater and quicker. A great price in my local railway station WHSmith sell these 3 for 7.99 so at this price they are great value.

12" Foam safety Nunchaku with Cord
12" Foam safety Nunchaku with Cord
Offered by Martial Art Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke with in three days, 24 Jun. 2014
Got these for my 10 year old thinking they might be a safe option for him to practice with in the garden, he loves karate and has just gained his yellow belt. Sadly these didn't live up to expectations, not sure if it was a manufacturing fault but one side the plastic inside broke in two. They are not expensive so didn't expect a long life but did expect longer than a week!

3 in1 Sack Trolley Truck Platform Barrow OT1002
3 in1 Sack Trolley Truck Platform Barrow OT1002
Offered by Ollies Trolleys

4.0 out of 5 stars Good robust trolley came with a nearly flat tyre, 10 May 2014
Got this for moving pots around the garden, it seems it will do the job. I havent used it that much as only had for three days one comment I would make is I'm going to have to pump the tyres up ok for me as Ive got a pump, a pain if I hadnt.
It is quite heavy on its own so just note when you order. For me it seems it will do what I want.

Parallels Desktop 9.0 (Mac/PC)
Parallels Desktop 9.0 (Mac/PC)
Offered by London Photo

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont believe the hype Its not that good, I think boot-camp is a better option and its free!, 10 May 2014
I got this as I have a new mac Air 13 and we have moved to 365 in our office and I wanted to be able to use all the great features of Office 2013 (Mac for Office 2011 is missing a lot of the really great bits).
Anyway started out okay but it was slow using it day to day. It made my Mac run sluggish and there was a real difference in running win7 and office 2013 compared to the bog standard £300 HP laptops we have. So I increased my ram to 4gb for windows (of the 8gb available) this made some difference and speed-ed things up a bit. However it would crash on a regular basis and I would have to reboot about once a day due to some issue, it was like Jobs was fighting Gates on my machine and they just didn't really get on they just tolerated each other.

But I cant get One-drive Pro to work and I cant get any help with this from MS or parallels to solve this issue. The my IT support cocked up the settings and Win7 now only runs in its own window and wont switch back to coherence view, again parallels were unhelpful (I am still in my 30 days support at this point). Update on this I figured out how to switch back its quite simple but unless you know how it makes parallels a bit o a fiddle.

For the money spent I would have been better just installing win7 via boot camp using that OS at work and IOS at home as I tend to stick to them that way while there.

Everything in life is a compromise and I love the Mac OS (been a windows user since 1990) but at work it was a bit of a pain and it was slowing me down, plus all other users bar 1 were on PCs and I head up IT so found it difficult to support and advise them. I did see parallels as a way to do this but now feel its just an expensive and time consuming add on that eats resources and rather than making my like simpler it just made it more complicated.

I would only recommend getting this if you need to switch between the two OS but I have to say with 99% of the real world in windows I think boot-camp offers a real alternative and you can switch back via a re-boot.

Update May 2014 parallels slowed me down too much and as I wanted all the experience of Office 2013 I decided to install Win 7 on boot camp and dump the parallels experience. This has been much better for me in my work situation, I got a Mac because Ive been a Apple fan for about 10 years since my 1st iPod and I love their products. The Mac is super fast and light and a joy to use but to have parallels was a bit like get your dream sports car with the lovely sounding V12 then retro fitting an electric motor so you can avoid congestion charges.

The way I see it there are pros and cons to this.

Pros
My Mac is a lot faster in Win7 than Win7 via parallels
I can still use Mavericks I just need to reboot
For me using 365 at work I now have Office 2013
Office 2013 is better than office for Mac 2011
Win7 is a great OS for work and in my office that's what everyone else uses (might not be the same where you work)for me it does everything I need to do. More so than Mavericks in that environment.
Doing it this way around there is nothing I cannot do in my job day to day using Win7 and 365.

Cons
Mavericks is so nice to use I do miss it
I have a windows Mac which seems a bit wrong, not sure why?
Sometimes the reboot doesn't work if I leave my machine to sleep so I have to hard reboot. It is however more stable than parallels and I have to reboot less.

Parallels may suit you and your environment but as the world of work is almost 90% PC you might find like me its simpler to use boot-camp and win7 all day long. So overall I think I wasted my money on parallels as I didn't need it, I don't regret that as I wanted to try it but as the review says don't believe the hype, I shouldn't have. I am lucky I have another Mac at home so I can use the wonderful iOS interface there or I could just reboot my work machine. I wouldn't recommend buying Parallels from my experience.

Planes
Planes
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Pixar have made many great films Planes isn't one of them, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Planes (Blu-ray)
This was just cars in the sky and is just a lazy attempt to try and use a winning formula in cars again, it fails on very level the kids didn't like it, I didn't like it and nor did my partner.
If you put Pixar filsm into three camps
Brilliant original and funny = Toy Story, Tangled etc
Ok and worth a watch = Cars, Frozen Tory Story 2 & 3 etc
Terrible and don't watch = Planes, Princess and the Frog (by Disney but still Pixar)
John Lasseter is a great film maker I think he must feel ashamed he put his name to this, the plot is thin, the story Cars again with a few twists. I didn't like this at all and wasted my time watching.
Pixar need to do better!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5