Profile for S. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. Wilson

S. Wilson (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Airwave 2.5x2.5mtr Pop Up Waterproof Gazebo in Beige with 2 WindBars and 4 Leg Weight Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as an occasional garden tent., 26 Jun. 2015
This is a light duty, quick assembly shelter ideal for a garden party or fete. There is minimal pole assembly as the roof frame is of a one-piece scissor design with the tent roof already attached. However it does require two people to open it out evenly. Once opened out the retractable legs are extended down to give the desired height. There are also two poles supplied which stop the wind causing the frame mechanism to close up again. The individual side panels, which are held on with velcro tape around the frame can then be added as desired. Four sand bags are supplied which are meant to be attached to the bottom of each leg, however I just cannot figure out how they work and the instructions don't say. Also the tent pegs are little more than bent wire and as such do not provide an effective anchor.

Silverline 634002 Hand Sander - 230 x 105 mm
Silverline 634002 Hand Sander - 230 x 105 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Jun. 2015
Does what it's supposed to do for a reasonable price.

Silverline 868903 Sanding Mesh Roll 5m 100 Grit
Silverline 868903 Sanding Mesh Roll 5m 100 Grit

5.0 out of 5 stars This is wonderful stuff for sanding walls, 25 Jun. 2015
This is wonderful stuff for sanding walls. Its mesh construction prevents clogging and the abrasive used is superior to the usual aluminium oxide. Outlasts any emery cloth or sand paper.

Aves Air AIR8021010 Digital Handheld DAB  DAB+ FM Radio with LCD Display
Aves Air AIR8021010 Digital Handheld DAB DAB+ FM Radio with LCD Display
Offered by eHome

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal for my requirements., 25 Jun. 2015
I was initially attracted to this radio because it uses AAA batteries and has a sleep timer. Although the sound quality is good, the radio does have some downsides. The main one, for me at least, is that due to the flush design of the buttons it is impossible to operate whilst in bed, unless you first set the station and sleep timer before settling down. If you are wondering, I like listening to the radio in bed in order to settle down, but my spouse finds the bedside radio annoying so I have to use something with earphones. The other issue is that the volume increases and decreases in rather large steps. I just can't get the volume right, I have to settle for a little too quiet or a little too loud. I think I should have gone for the more expensive Roberts personal Dab radio.

Panasonic EW-DJ10 Travel Oral Irrigator for using with Mouthwash
Panasonic EW-DJ10 Travel Oral Irrigator for using with Mouthwash

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans nicely, 13 April 2015
I decided to try an irrigator because I find flossing quite difficult even though I know the correct technique, and I settled on this particular model because it uses two AA alkaline batteries instead of a sealed in battery. Experience has taught me that sealed-in batteries only last about three years. The first thing to note about this irrigator is that it's large. When fully extended with the nozzle attached, it's nearly 300mm long and 178mm around the body. When closed up, it's 142mm long and is about the size of a 300ml bottle of shampoo. It's possible that someone with very small hands would find this irrigator unwieldy. The blue part, once it's extended, is the water chamber and it's filled through a hinged flap near the bottom. The nozzle is detachable and there's a convenient storage recess for it on the side of the main body. When the nozzle is attached, it is free to rotate allowing you to adjust it for each side of the mouth. There is one sliding switch that gives two power levels of pulsed water. I was surprised to find how quickly the chamber emptied during use, especially on the higher power-setting. On the high setting you get 50 seconds of use, whilst on the lower setting you get 1 minute and 10 seconds. When I first used the irrigator I was amazed by how much debris came out from between my teeth, I soon found that it was a good idea to seal around the nozzle with my lips to stop water spraying all over the bathroom walls. It is amazing how far the water jet can travel. With a bit more practice I'm now able to contain the jet of water and direct the used water into the sink in a more or less controlled manner. I personally find the higher setting too powerful as it makes my gums a little tender, so I use the lower power setting more instead, its still powerful enough. The manufacturers seem to assume it will be filled with mouth wash, but given its consumption rate, you'd not want to use mouth wash too often. And I agree with the other reviewers that using warm water is better than cold as it avoids cold-shock. The irrigator has definitely given me more control of my oral hygiene and as long as it doesn't prematurely fail, I'm quite pleased with it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Genuine Motorola 3 Pin Mains Charger with Genuine Motorola Micro USB Data/ Charge Cable for Motorola Defy & Atrix
Offered by Fast Link

4.0 out of 5 stars Cable connection is at the top., 22 Feb. 2015
Works fine, however be aware the cable connection is at the top. I've found this very awkward at times as it can foul other plugs when used on multi-plug connectors and extension cables.

SanDisk Cruzer Blade 64 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ50-064G-B35)
SanDisk Cruzer Blade 64 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ50-064G-B35)

4.0 out of 5 stars Small with a great capacity but all plastic, 22 Feb. 2015
Fine for my needs. My only concern is that the USB connector is plastic rather than steel and is easy to distort between finger and thumb. It wouldn't take much to break so I don't think it would survive the rough and tumble of being on a key ring or the bottom of a bag.

AURAGLOW 12w LED B22 Bayonet Light Bulb, Daylight Cool White, 75w EQV
AURAGLOW 12w LED B22 Bayonet Light Bulb, Daylight Cool White, 75w EQV
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Directional light, 15 Jan. 2015
Please be aware this bulb gives a light similar to natural daylight so would be ideal in rooms where you read or do activities which entail being able to see colours and detail accurately. It might not be so suitable for living rooms. This bulb is quite solid, it is a little heavier than an equivalent compact fluorescent bulb and approximately 20 mm longer than a tradition incandescent bulb. The strange fluted design is there to disperse heat build up as it does get quite warm with prolonged use. The bulb combines the energy efficiency and life span of cfl's with the 'immediately on' advantage of incandescent bulbs. Where this bulb falls down slightly is that the hemispherical design directs most of the light downwards. This might not seem a bad thing at first but a traditional incandescent bulb bounces a fair amount of light off the ceiling which gives a more even spread of light throughout the room. This LED bulb leaves the ceiling area and top 300 mm of wall marginally dimmer and shadows do seem to be a little more pronounced. However I would say I think this problem is common to all makes of bulb of similar design rather than it being specific to this make. At present I'm finding the uneven lighting a little hard to get used to.

Membrane - Ultra Slim Purple Vertical Case for Motorola Moto G (XT1032 / XT1045 / XT1033 / LTE / Dual Sim / Forte / Peregrine) - Flip Phone Cover
Offered by Membrane Store

4.0 out of 5 stars No phone activation, 18 Nov. 2014
For the price this a decent budget imitation-leather case, but be aware that this case does not switch the phone on/off when it's opened and closed. I have an identical design real-leather Snakehive flip case on my Moto G4 and its auto on/off feature is great. I wouldn't have bought this case for my wife's phone if I'd realised it lacked this convenient feature, but then she did insist on having a purple case.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for those don't like phones in pockets or bags, 10 Oct. 2014
I have always found belt mounted phone cases very useful, especially when biking, but for some reason they are not as common as they once were. So I was pleasantly surprised to find this one which fits my Motorolla moto G4. The back and front of the case are imitation leather and the side and bottom panels are elasticated to allow some 'give' for the phone. The case does have a brushed lining but it is not what you'd call luxurious and would recommend a screen protector. Although I wanted this case specifically because it can be clipped to a belt for quick removal, there is provision for a belt to be looped through for those who prefer for it to be more securely attached. And this case does not automatically turn the screen on and off as many flip-type cases do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4