Profile for Mister Sifter > Reviews

Mister Sifter (Bolton)

Page: 1 | 2
DAVID BOWIE Men's Smoking Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, Large
DAVID BOWIE Men's Smoking Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool tee, however be prepared to have to order a size above..., 13 July 2014
What you order here, is what you get: a great looking thing with a nice shot of Bowie on it for £15, the quality is naturally not going to be up to the standard of some t-shirts you might purchase from proper brands but then again, most t-shirts don't have a picture of David Bowie on them!

I will stress that whilst it may not be particularly soft, there are no real complaints to be had with the quality of the fabrics, it doesn't irritate at all, you're just aware that you're wearing a "band tee" and not something put out by a professional clothing brand.

The only real problem with this, as usual for t-shirts at this price range is with the size. I would STRONGLY recommend buying a size up from what you normally would. For instance, I went large instead of medium and, whilst the arms would have been fine I have no doubt that the length on the torso would have been on the short side for me (as someone at the height of roughly 6'1")

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (Xbox 360)

2.0 out of 5 stars A huge step backward, 24 Nov 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The positives are restricted to the fabulous campaign and the ever-interesting zombies mode whilst the multiplayer, which is undoubtedly the heartbeat of the Call of Duty franchise are only negatives in my opinion. Treyarch as usual have tried something completely different which was important after 2011's Modern Warfare 3 by Infinity Ward which was just a copy and paste of Modern Warfare 2. With regards to multiplayer, a lot of the new feature work quite well with the game looking better than ever after its much needed makeover of scoreboards and kill alerts etc. However the multiplayer menus have also gotten a severe makeover which makes certain things like kills to death ratio a lot easier to find but other things are either harder to find or they're just not there at all for instance finding you highest kills or killstreak.

The games has pretty much abolished camping which I thought would be a big step forward for the franchise however as you can see in the title for this review that isn't the case and now I'm wishing that ghost was still effective and that it wouldn't just be a case of people running around with over-powered SMG's, firing from the hip. Gone are the use of any tactics which is why their are thousands of players around the world who averaged around 1 to 2 in their KD ratio on previous CoD's but now struggle even to make a positive KD most games because grenade kills are so rare now everyone has Flak Jacket, SMG's are more overpowered than ever as is sniping, shotguns and tactical knifes. Anyone who even attempts to capture a flag in Domination or take control of the headquarters gets killed immediately because no one works as a team, just as single players running around trying to get as many kills as possible.

Added to all this the lag compensation hit markers, the terrible maps and the amount of gunfights lost when shooting first which make it one of the worst multiplayer games I have ever played. If you are going to buy this for its campaign alone then you will enjoy it, yet another fantastic CoD campaign thats a bit longer than the last one, Modern Warfare 3 which was ridiculously short.

I've now totally abandoned the multiplayer and am going to go all the way back to Call of Duty Black Ops from 2010 which is much better than this game in my opinion

FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Shop4World

2.0 out of 5 stars BUGS AND FREEZING!!!!, 14 Oct 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 13 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Its a good game with lots of different modes to try out, from standard career mode to online or offline ultimate team. Gameplay wise it is the best footballing game ever made but bugs let it down, from players and even the football itself completely disappearing. I have also experienced my xbox freezing numerous times whilst loading FIFA.

Its very good but personally I don't really like Ultimate Team and on career mode I find Professional difficulty too easy and the next level too hard so offline can be frustrating so after a week I found it a bit tiresome and I'm already quite bored of it now, I'm just waiting for Assassins Creed 3 to come out then I'll probably rarely go on it again.

As for the graphics, they can ever be brilliant or terrible with some of the players from "lesser" clubs baring absolutely no resemblance to the real life players however the pitches and different weather systems look stunning.

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 16 GB Sim Free Smartphone (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Shelfone™

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this phone!, 2 Sep 2012
Don't know much about phones to be honest but it looks great, it feels really good and surprisingly light in the hand, I can do a lot on it with ease and its just overall an amazing phone.

Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing..., 2 Sep 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
It was all going to go wrong for mass effect 3 I suppose because mass effect 2 was in my opinion almost perfect in every way. The few things lacking in mass effect 2 revolved around gameplay although is was very good I think mass effect 3's improvements made it brilliant.

However...

Mass effect 2 had an awesome story in fact it had lots of awesome stories revolving around the characters in shepard's squad. I found I cared about the members of the squad and frequently roamed the ship for chats with them. This time however the squad has been cut down drastically and there are none of the interesting aliens from mass effect 2 like thane for instance, there is more of a swing to characters from the first mass effect game which bored me and because I hadn't played mass effect 1 I didn't feel any connection to them.

It's a good game but it's predecessor was a brilliant game and as a finale for a trilogy that just isn't good enough in my opinion...

... And yes, the ending is rubbish...

Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360)
Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Rediculously hard, 31 Aug 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This game is very misleading, the graphics and the cinematics are top notch which is great...there only one problem, the gameplay is awful. I wasn't engrossed in the story at all, I didn't feel sorry for the character I just grew bored of him after endless scenes of him taking prescription pills and drinking whiskey. As a result, you nearly die after every little bullet because he's so weak, why would such a man get the job of head bodyguard for a rich and famous family then you ask yourself.

I played the game on regular difficulty, the third highest difficulty and after 4 hours straight playing I had got onto the third mission. After dying at every single checkpoint and because the checkpoints are so big, having to redo about 10 minutes on play, I finally quit it and the next day I knew I had no desire to go on it so I traded it in. By far the worst game I've played on all year.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2013 4:45 PM BST

Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game., 31 Aug 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I only got this game in 2012, two years after its release date because I was hesitant after the success of Modern Warfare 2 I thought this would fail and it kind of did as you can see in the general star rating on here. I got it because I was bored of all my other games, and at worst I expected to find some enjoyment in the campaign, I love CoD campaigns, I played the last one (Modern Warfare 3) twice through. I wasn't expecting to but I absolutely loved the campaign and as a result I've completed it three times on regular, hardened and veteran. The campaign is really well put together, the cutscenes use some actual footage of the Vietnam war and the twist at the end regarding your character friend Victor Reznov is really interesting.

Playing on veteran however I found myself getting frustrated with the AI of my teammates and how they would just run in front of a whole army and not get shot whilst I would be targeted as soon as I leant out of cover. That's not the worst though... Many times when my two teammates would take cover either side of an open door and enemy soldiers would run past them to get to me. This happens all the time and it makes having teammates pointless.

Zombies is ok, I've not really played it a great deal, I prefer survival off Modern Warfare 3 to be honest however I much prefer black ops's multiplayer...

The last time I played multiplayer on CoD was on Modern Warfare 2 until I got bored at about level 25 or something, I played a few games on Modern Warfare 3 and didn't bother after that because of the amount of campers. Black Ops is much more fun for me even though there are very few good maps. I'm level 40 now and still enjoying it.

It definitely has problems but I've played 20 hours of multiplayer, about 2 hours of zombies and the campaign three times so it's definitely worth four stars in my opinion.

adidas Samba Super Mens Trainers
adidas Samba Super Mens Trainers
Price: £38.99 - £93.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality., 19 April 2012
These shoes are immense. They look awesome and they actually are quite good for sport so I use them for running and playing football as well as casual shoes. The sizes seem a bit strange as I can fit in size 9 1/2 (and at a pinch size 9) pumps and I ordered size 11 sambas because of the varying price and there wasn't as much room as I thought there would be but that doesn't matter to me as they fit fine with enough room for the time being.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Xbox 360)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Xbox 360)
Offered by b68solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars PES back on form!, 17 Dec 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The gameplay has been vastly improved on what has been a tough few years for Pro Evolution Soccer, culminating in one if the worst football games of all time in my opinion, PES 2011. Changes have been made literally all other the pitch, for instance passing which is probably the best I have ever seen in a football game, shooting which whilst improved, I would like to be improved a little bit more, and dribbling which is at a level where you can beat players but not just walk through them like in PES 2010.

Graphically and in term of game modes, there has not been much change as gameplay was labelled as the number one priority by Konami and now that it is to a good level, I would like PES 2012 to focus on making the game more polished (where it seriously lacks to its rival FIFA) and bringing back some of what made PES on PS2 so good, editing etc.

Assassin's Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels

4.0 out of 5 stars AC series loosing a bit of steam?..., 17 Dec 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
So I preordered this as I have become an AC fan after AC 2 and Brotherhood with the latter really gripping me. I had massive expectations as I had with Brotherhood and that certainly didn't disappoint and I expected Revelatiions to be just as brilliant as I always feel safe on the knowledge that Ubisoft will keep the story going strong which they have done to a degree. To me it just doesn't feel right, your band of assassins wear yellow and green cloaks and look more like mercenary's whilst neither Ezio or Altair look like I imagined when older and master Assasin Ezio has traded his Assassin white cloak for grey, it just doesn't feel right...

The story is nowhere near to the standard of Brotherhood although Brotherhood is one of the best games I've ever played and the Revelations story is still very good, with my highlights being Sequence 7 in the underworld; Ezio walking around with a guitar singing songs to distract guards and then breaking his guitar in two and making an assassination with it; the first few Altair memories especially where his wife die are spine-tingling (even if Altair doesnt have his badass voice from AC1) and quite sad. The story takes too long to get going however and even near the end their are missions like going picking flowers for Sofia. The ending for Ezio isn't what I had imagined and hoped for and it definitely doesn't answer all the answers as the trailer's said, leaving another massive cutscenes that leaves you going "What the f***?".

Being a master Assasin is a nice perk when you call your assassins and they how down to you, however aqquiring enough assassins is hard as Templar dens are annoyingly difficult and online has been improved and is a surprising highlight for me after playing my first 5 or so games last night and thoroughly enjoying it.

I worry for Assassins Creed 3 and wheather it can give us the ending we long for, however it is not looking likely with Desmond's story dragging on and the fact that Ezio and his charisma won't feature at all...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2011 1:00 AM GMT