ARRAY(0xa92b8654)

Profile for Kwaka > Reviews

Content by Kwaka

Kwaka

The Two Ronnies:  But First - The News! (The Best of the Two Ronnies Dialogue)
The Two Ronnies: But First - The News! (The Best of the Two Ronnies Dialogue)
Price: 1.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny, 9 Oct 2013
I bought this as I'd just been watching about the Two Ronnie's on TV and I love their "news" items, so I thought I'd see if a book was available that captured them all.
I wasn't disappointed. Much to my wife's annoyance I was sniggering constantly when reading these and had to keep stopping to relay them.
Great fun and highly recommended.

Tortillas to Totems: Motorcycling Mexico, the USA and Canada. Sidetracked by the Unexpected
by Sam Manicom
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic book from Sam., 2 Nov 2010
Sam is a hugely positive individual and has a zest for life which really comes across in the book. It's actually really therapeutic reading the book after a hard and mad day at work, you can escape with Sam, unwind and join him on his journey as he discovers new things. Sam has a wonderful way of story telling that enables you to put yourself as his riding partner and paints a vivid picture in your mind of where he is and what he's seeing. The experiences come thick and fast and it really amazes me, as it does Sam, generally how kind people are. That really comes across in the book and regenerates your hope for mankind. Perhaps we aren't all setting out to kill each other and could get along??

Sam strikes a good balance by providing just enough relevant historical information so that you can understand the relevance of where he is with a few interesting facts thrown in without it getting too overpowering as I've had in some travel books where I haven't got past Chapter 1. Oh and as per the other books in the series the pictures included are award winners. Each one. Really really stunning. You just want to look and stare at them and imagine what it must have been like to be there and how it would feel.

When I got to the end I was actually really sad. I was sad that the adventure was at the end. I wanted to read more...

Sam is a really talented writer and he deserves top marks for another fantastic book. Well done Sam.