Profile for Barry L Dunsdon > Reviews

Content by Barry L Dunsdon

Barry L Dunsdon

Page: 1 | 2
Rand McNally Large Scale Road Atlas (Rand McNally Large Scale Road Atlas U. S. A.)
by Rand McNally and Company
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as present, 26 July 2013
I bought this for my brother so I can't really comment. However it must be better than his old Atlas with pages missing.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 26 July 2013
I broke my old Sennheisers and as these are What Hi Fi magazines product of the year at their price range I decided to try them.
Not disappointed using them with my i-pod and a thorough recommendation.

Holga Lens for Canon EOS 7D 100D 700D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 1100D 1000D Rebel T5i T4i T3i T3 T2i T1i XSi XTi XT Black
Offered by XCSOURCE
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars At the price it's a steal, 26 July 2013
I haven't really had a chance to use this yet which is the reason for 4 stars. At the price it's a bargain and I'm sure will be fun to use. I would recommend buying this as you can't go wrong. Just don't expect too much.

Solid Gold
Solid Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Short lived but top quality group, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: Solid Gold (Audio CD)
Good compilation from group fronted by reverend Jesse Jackson's brother Charles (Chuck) Jackson.
Just as long as you need me was the song that brought them to my attention in about 1972 and I wasn't disappointed when I purrchused their albums so buying this CD was a no gamble.

Welcome to My Room
Welcome to My Room
Price: 7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophisticated Southern Soul, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: Welcome to My Room (Audio CD)
A singer with a consistent theme to all his songs. Definitely a love man. I bought this in vinyl back in the seventies and couldn't wait to get it on CD.

Dream Boogie: The Triumph of Sam Cooke
Dream Boogie: The Triumph of Sam Cooke
by Peter Guralnick
Price: 22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Top subject Top writer., 3 Jun 2013
Excellent read. Guralnick and David Ritz are probaly the best two music biographers. Guralnicks Sweet Soul Music is the best book I've ever read.

The Temptations (African-American Achievers)
The Temptations (African-American Achievers)
by Ted Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 3 Jun 2013
Too brief for an overview of one the the best and most complex groups of all time. Otis Williams book is a much better and accurate read.

A Memoir: David Ruffin - My Temptation
A Memoir: David Ruffin - My Temptation
by Genna Sapia-Ruffin

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 3 Jun 2013
Too personal and biased. An interesting read but does not really give an insight into Ruffin's interaction and position with the other Temptations.

After The Rain
After The Rain
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 9.71

5.0 out of 5 stars The Queen of New Orleans, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: After The Rain (Audio CD)
One of the finest female singers for more than half a century. Still makes great records and has never got the recognition she deserves.

A Woman's Viewpoint: the Essential 1970s Recordings
A Woman's Viewpoint: the Essential 1970s Recordings
Price: 12.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen of New Orleans, 3 Jun 2013
A great singer for over 50 years. Irma is the Queen of new Orleans. What more do you need to say.

Page: 1 | 2