Profile for M. Williams > Reviews

Content by M. Williams

M. Williams "Mardin" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Plumb-Pak Elan Small Lever Tap Tops
Plumb-Pak Elan Small Lever Tap Tops

1.0 out of 5 stars Two incomplete items sent - both returned. Very disappointed., 27 May 2014
I chose these as they are (supposedly) supplied with bushes to enable use on bath taps (see description: label on box says the same), for which I had bought these. The 3/4 - 1/2 enclosed bushes would do fine.

First package arrived with hot and cold tap heads and valves - all very nicely made. But nothing else. The labelling on the box showed missing items necessary for use with bath taps. Fair enough. Sent back for replacement.

Amazon delivered replacements very quickly. However, these too were missing the same essential bushes to enable use with bath taps, again rendering them useless as replacements.

I have absolutely no complaint with Amazon or the build quality of the product - what there was of it. The two examples I received are incomplete, hence I can only regrettably give one star.

Backbox 1g 10mm Spacer
Backbox 1g 10mm Spacer
Offered by Thinkprice

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Backbox 1g 10mm Spacer
Ideal for adding extra space behind the switch if the 16mm plaster-depth box isn't enough. An easy, fast fix. Good product.

Energizer Rechargeable Precision AA 2400mAh Batteries - Pack of 4
Energizer Rechargeable Precision AA 2400mAh Batteries - Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Rechargeable batteries, and?.., 3 Dec 2013
So, these are rechargeable batteries. However, I have found that the Energizer batteries do seem that bit better than most others - only Duracell being on par.

Might cost a little more, but will last longer between charges and overall life.

The Very Best Of Family
The Very Best Of Family

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Family., 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Very Best Of Family (Audio CD)
Roger Chapman's vocals are an acquired taste: you'll either like or not. One thing for sure, you are unlikely to forget Family's songs.

I was aware of "In My Own Time" (a 1971 hit), "The Weaver's Answer" and "Burlesque". This CD collection offers a complete introduction to this short-lived, quirky and pioneering band. Glad I bought it.

Recordings
Recordings

5.0 out of 5 stars Waiting a long time for this., 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Recordings (Audio CD)
The Porcupine Tree out takes and those tracks that didn't make it onto the CDs of the day. Arguably (IMHO) one of PT's best ever tracks and a live gig favourite, "Buying New Soul" is only available on this CD set in addition to the full version of "Even Less". Well worth the money.

Oh Perilous World
Oh Perilous World

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky., 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Oh Perilous World (Audio CD)
If you are into easy listening and predictable, this is not for you. Move on.

But if the thought of chamber music meeting prog-rock is your thing, Oh Perilous World provides a marvellous journey. Numerous nods to history are encompassed within the witty lyrics. I love it.

I became aware of Rasputina via a link from a follower on Twitter. Explored on YouTube, and now buying the CDs. I thank them.

TrueCall Call Recorder Memory Card - 70 hours
TrueCall Call Recorder Memory Card - 70 hours
Offered by DST (UK) LTD Established 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Very compact and robust message collector., 3 Dec 2013
An essential add-on to the TrueCall call blocker if you wish to record conversations and/or use as an answering machine.

Only minor niggle is that the dedicated software makes this (what is no more than an ordinary SD card) somewhat pricey. Very good overall.

TrueCall - The Nuisance Call Blocker
TrueCall - The Nuisance Call Blocker
Offered by DST (UK) LTD Established 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nearly a 5-star product., 3 Dec 2013
Having taken delivery of my TrueCall unit from Amazon I have to say that I am very pleased with it overall.

It is compact, good-looking and well-made. It is easy and intuitive to set-up; the Web-link feature works well and there is a myriad of options as to how you wish to screen and manage calls. Creating my star list was easy: I exported my contacts from MS Outlook as a CSV file, then copied and pasted the values into my TrueCall account. Run Web-link, done. Answerphone works well. That's the good...

The not-so-good... Fairly pricey and the message SD card expensive. Sound quality of both recorded incoming messages and outgoing (what callers hear) is poor: sounds like voice recorded in the next room speaking through a cardboard box. I'd expect better from a digital device in this price range.

These niggles aside, I am glad I bought it and would have no hesitation recommending. TrueCall is a joy to use. If TrueCall can improve the sound quality of this unit, it would be a 5-star product.

Hunky Dory
Hunky Dory

5.0 out of 5 stars Bowie at his best., 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Hunky Dory (Audio CD)
When this album was new, I was not into Bowie. As an eleven year-old my tastes were Slade and Wizard. How times change.

This album a masterpiece.

STV023 - FLEA KILLER COMB
STV023 - FLEA KILLER COMB
Offered by GoodsWholesaleUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good additional device., 17 Nov 2013
Used this with other means to remove a flea outbreak on our three cats. Was mire successful on two of our cats (fur density and length), so might not suit everybody.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3