Profile for Roodoodoo974 > Reviews

Content by Roodoodoo974

Roodoodoo974 "DVD omnivore" (Réunion, France)

Under The Skin [Blu-ray] [2014]
Under The Skin [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Scarlett Johansson

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and sexy, 7 Aug. 2014
If you are in the right mood, this will be one of the most exiting emotional adventure this year. Beautiful and sexy, stirring feelings you didn't know you had, it doesn't answer all the questions it asks and it is just as well.

The Ballad of Kissy Sizzle: 1 (The Kissy Chronicles)
The Ballad of Kissy Sizzle: 1 (The Kissy Chronicles)
by John Spacey

4.0 out of 5 stars it is funny. I loved this book even if it's not ..., 7 Aug. 2014
It is frightening, it is exhilarating, it is funny. I loved this book even if it's not aimed at my age range. A little jewel I was happy Twitter helped me discover.

Shirts and Skins
Shirts and Skins
by Jeffrey Luscombe

4.0 out of 5 stars A "Boy's Own Story" in Hamilton, On., 3 May 2014
This review is from: Shirts and Skins (Paperback)
More complex than I thought it would be. The part about bullying and how to respond badly to it by lying to others and oneself about who one really is particularly touched me.

Echo Boy
Echo Boy
by Matt Haig

4.0 out of 5 stars So human for a book full of robots., 3 May 2014
This review is from: Echo Boy (Hardcover)
As always with Matt Haig, the obvious science fiction aspect of the novel is only a pretext for dealing with more important issues. Very "Human" for a book so full of robots. Made me cry a couple of times but that's just me being oversensitive... ;-)

Hawthorn and Child
Hawthorn and Child
by Keith Ridgway

5.0 out of 5 stars Unclassifiable and very moving, 10 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Hawthorn and Child (Paperback)
Destructured writing and amazingly rigorous at the same time, unexpected twists and turns, very moving at times with entire chapters you want to re-read immediately, especially the one published on its own in the New Yorker (Rothko). Made me want to read everything written by Keith Ridgway which I am just doing now... Starting with "The Parts", I am not in the least disappointed. Keith Ridgeway deserves a much wider audience. You are allowed to disagree but somehow, it made me think of my hero in litterature, Haruki Murakami.