Profile for strapon9 > Reviews

Content by strapon9

strapon9 "strapon9" (surrey)

Page: 1 | 2
Maxsima - Filter Wallet Case / Bag for Cokin P Series 84mm.
Maxsima - Filter Wallet Case / Bag for Cokin P Series 84mm.
Offered by Cameramarket UK

5.0 out of 5 stars No fuss filter holder at last, 22 Sep 2014
I Bought this as I am now getting tired of lugging a backpack in order to carry a few filters and their mounting bracket.
I use Cokin P series filters, both solid and graduated and they are a perfect fit. It holds my six filters and the mount with room to spare.
I like the way this thing opens and comes apart making it very easy to get the bulkier mounting into it without a struggle.

It feels pretty well made, and with a combination of belt mount or shoulder strap it's very convenient no matter what you happen to be wearing.

NEEWER® Shutter Release Timer Remote Control Cord For Canon EOS 550D/Rebel T2i, 450D/XSi, 400D/XTi, 350D/XT, 300D, 60D, 600D, 500D, 1100D, 1000D, 1D, 1D Mark II, 1D Mark II N, 1D Mark III, 1Ds, 1Ds Mark II, 1Ds Mark III, 5D, 5D Mark II, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, EOS Film SLR EOS 1V 1VHS 3
Offered by EU Photo

5.0 out of 5 stars Top bit of kit at a bargain price, 22 Sep 2014
I bought this to go with my new Canon 1200D camera. I was a little worried when I ordered it, that it might not work with my camera as I couldn't find anything on the web about it. But it works a treat, and is very simple to plug in and use.

It can do all manner of clever tricks, but the reason I bought it was for remote shutter release and long exposure photos. The thing I really like about this is that the release button works just like the camera's own one. Press halfway to focus, then all the way to take the shoot. I don't know if they all do this, I am still fairly new to this lark.

My only moan is that there is no way of turning the thing off completely without removing the batteries. But being an LED system like your favourite 80's watch, I guess it can last a very long time on standby.

Oh, and it does come with some fairly basic instructions. But it's so simple to use, that I think anyone with any experience of a similar product could work it out.

Zeikos ZE-FLK72 72mm Multi-Coated 3 Piece Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD)
Zeikos ZE-FLK72 72mm Multi-Coated 3 Piece Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD)
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 8 Aug 2014
Of these filters, the only one I really use is the polarize.

For the money, I think that these filters are pretty good. Certainly better than some others I bought recently. I am sure that pro level guys will bitch about this an that, but if like me you are just setting out, these are good enough. Should I ever reach the heights of the pros, then I will cough up some more money for something better.

Kiwifotos LA-72S3200T 72mm Lens Filter Adapter for Fujifilm FinePix Cameras
Kiwifotos LA-72S3200T 72mm Lens Filter Adapter for Fujifilm FinePix Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Most impressed, 8 Aug 2014
I am very impressed with the quality of this adapter. It all screws together nicely and fits onto the front of my Fujifilm S4300 in a very secure manner.

Yes there is the problem of seeing the inside of the tube on your pictures if you have both fitted, but that is soon cured by simply removing the longer extension if you don't need the camera zoomed out for the photo. Otherwise, you only need to zoom out a little bit to overcome this problem.

DIGIFLEX 72mm Neutral Density Filter Kit ND2 ND4 ND8+Lens Cap
DIGIFLEX 72mm Neutral Density Filter Kit ND2 ND4 ND8+Lens Cap
Offered by Digiflex

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit cheap, and very plastic, 8 Aug 2014
Not over impressed with these filters. As others have said they really are very cheap in quality, but for starting out as I am, I think they will do the job. If I managed to progress further, then I will upgrade at a later date.

Too Fast To Race & Still Too Fast To Race (2 DVD Set)
Too Fast To Race & Still Too Fast To Race (2 DVD Set)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good footage, dull speaker, 8 Feb 2011
This dvd set charts the full story of how groupB came into being and what killed it off. With a sport as exciting as this i have to ask why the picked the dullest man on earth to voice it.

This guy could put you to sleep talking about pretty much any subject. His tone never change's and he sounds like he would rather be some place else.

This aside, it is a good DVD to get if like me you love your old rally cars. At the hight of the series these motors were knocking out the same power as F1 cars of the day. Little wonder that they had trouble keeping them on the road at times.

For the money i paid it was well worth it, and seeing as i have yet to get it back from friends i have lent it too, i would say they agree its a good DVD also.

I Don't Remember! Unique and Powerful Ways to Improve Your Memory
I Don't Remember! Unique and Powerful Ways to Improve Your Memory

1.0 out of 5 stars forget to buy this, 30 Jan 2011
As some one that struggles to remember what day it is never mind other things like names, numbers, or where i left the drill i just had in my hand, i thought this would be a good book to get.

Oh how wrong can a person be? Well in my case very. There is nothing new or unique about the meathods taught in this so called book. It took me less than 40 minutes to read it, so i think calling it a book is a bit strong, maybe Pamphlet would be a better name.

I would love to know why every so called trick to remembering things involves you having to remember some other list of codes. If i had the capacity to remember that 4 is a boat 2 is a swan and 8 is an hour glass then i would not need to remember the code in the first place. Not to mention that thinking about a swan sailing a boat chasing an hour glass is not going to help me remember 428.

So if you are looking for an aid to helping you remember things i would steer clear of this. Because all you will remember is chucking 72pence down the drain.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2011 3:06 PM BST

Farang: Thailand Through the Eyes of an Ex-pat
Farang: Thailand Through the Eyes of an Ex-pat
by Iain Corness

4.0 out of 5 stars short story anyone?, 27 Dec 2010
This book is a collection of short stories and not a travel log as such.
Seeing as the guy writes for a local paper i would say they are old paper cuttings.
But that said it is a good read and in places and can be pretty funny. But if you are thinking this will give you some great info on life in thailand then think again.
For the money its okay, but i doubt i will be buying the follow up to it.

Life: Keith Richards
Life: Keith Richards
by Keith Richards

3.0 out of 5 stars drugs drugs and more drugs, 27 Dec 2010
This review is from: Life: Keith Richards (Hardcover)
This book was a major let down for me.
Keef is know as a wild man of rock. There are hundreds of tales of what he is said to have done. So why did he not put a few more of them in his book?
There are a few good ones, but most of the book is like the one slash did. Its all about drugs, and not a great deal else. Infact at the point in the book where he kicks the habit is about three quaters in. This brings you up to the mid 70's. The next 30 odd years is done in the final quater. Whats he telling us, that with out drugs nothing of note happens?
If your a keef fan i guess you will love this book. Also if you are a big stones fan.
But if like me you are just passing by, then really its a bit of a let down.

Miss Bangkok: Memoirs of a Thai Prostitute
Miss Bangkok: Memoirs of a Thai Prostitute
by Bua Boonmee

5.0 out of 5 stars How ugly???, 27 Dec 2010
Anyone that is thinking of going to bangkok to do a tour of the knocking shops on the hunt for some cheap flesh should read this before they go.
I know that many women all over the world turn to selling thier body for much the same reason's. And i know that they dont much like the men that pay for it.
But the surprise for me in this book is just how bad this hatred for men from the west is. We are known to them as farangs, it is also the name for guava fruit. So they do like to point at us saying "look a farang eating a farang" Oh how the long winter nights must fly by with humour like that!!
Also if the first words from a thai lady are "your a handsom man" Then you are being insulted. If she really thinks you are handsom the first comment would be more personal like " I love your eyes" Most thai women think we are as ugly as the wrong end of a buffalo. To be called a buffalo is the biggest insult going for them.
So do please read this before you go on your flesh hunt waving money at every female that smiles at you. Read about the beating, the shame, the booze & drugs.
If you still like the idea, then maybe you should think of a new career as a pimp.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2012 9:55 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2