Profile for strapon9 > Reviews

Content by strapon9

strapon9 "strapon9" (surrey)

Page: 1 | 2
Neewer Macro +1 +2 +4 +10 CLOSE-UP Close Shooting Filter Lens for Canon Nikon Sony Pentax Panasonic Fuji JVC Kodak etc DSLR Digital Camera
Offered by Global_omouk

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs a macro lens!!!, 15 Dec. 2014
If like me, you are doing your photography on a budget that wouldn't keep a church mouse in food for a week, then these lens filters are just the job.

I screwed them to the front of my kit 18-55mm lens on my Canon 1200d and was deeply impressed. If you just use one at a time, the progression is nice from one filter to the next. However you can go wild and screw multiple ones together and then you can almost take photos of atoms. Okay, maybe not, but you get the idea.

I have attached two photos. One is of the damp on the inside of my bedroom window early one morning, and the other is of a necklace that I was photographing for a friends website. To give you an idea of scale, the pendent is about 20mm long. So really quite small.

I have never used a true macro lens, so I don't know how they compare. But if like me you only need them now and then, and your not sure macro is something you really want to pursue, then these are great.

Not forget that they come in a nice little holder that fits into the pockets of your overcoat with ease
Comment Comment | Permalink

Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Offered by next tech

5.0 out of 5 stars The pictures are super crisp with good light and of course the blur ..., 15 Dec. 2014
This thing is fab. The pictures are super crisp with good light and of course the blur factor is off the scale when needed. My only niggles are the same as some other people have mentioned. Yes, it feels a wee bit cheap, and the autofocus can sometimes have a major hissy fit as it hunts back and forth. But both these things can't detract from the quality of the photos that it can produce.

I use a Canon 1200d, which means there is a bit of a crop factor involved. But this makes it great for portraits, which I have to confess is not my thing. But a quick test using a friend as a model gave incredible results with her being pin sharp in focus and the background simply melting away.

For the money, it is hard to better.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Maxsima - Filter Wallet Case / Bag for Cokin P Series 84mm.
Maxsima - Filter Wallet Case / Bag for Cokin P Series 84mm.
Offered by Cameramarket UK

5.0 out of 5 stars No fuss filter holder at last, 22 Sept. 2014
I Bought this as I am now getting tired of lugging a backpack in order to carry a few filters and their mounting bracket.
I use Cokin P series filters, both solid and graduated and they are a perfect fit. It holds my six filters and the mount with room to spare.
I like the way this thing opens and comes apart making it very easy to get the bulkier mounting into it without a struggle.

It feels pretty well made, and with a combination of belt mount or shoulder strap it's very convenient no matter what you happen to be wearing.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Top bit of kit at a bargain price, 22 Sept. 2014
I bought this to go with my new Canon 1200D camera. I was a little worried when I ordered it, that it might not work with my camera as I couldn't find anything on the web about it. But it works a treat, and is very simple to plug in and use.

It can do all manner of clever tricks, but the reason I bought it was for remote shutter release and long exposure photos. The thing I really like about this is that the release button works just like the camera's own one. Press halfway to focus, then all the way to take the shoot. I don't know if they all do this, I am still fairly new to this lark.

My only moan is that there is no way of turning the thing off completely without removing the batteries. But being an LED system like your favourite 80's watch, I guess it can last a very long time on standby.

Oh, and it does come with some fairly basic instructions. But it's so simple to use, that I think anyone with any experience of a similar product could work it out.

Zeikos ZE-FLK72 72mm Multi-Coated 3 Piece Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD)
Zeikos ZE-FLK72 72mm Multi-Coated 3 Piece Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD)
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 8 Aug. 2014
Of these filters, the only one I really use is the polarize.

For the money, I think that these filters are pretty good. Certainly better than some others I bought recently. I am sure that pro level guys will bitch about this an that, but if like me you are just setting out, these are good enough. Should I ever reach the heights of the pros, then I will cough up some more money for something better.

Kiwifotos LA-72S3200T 72mm Lens Filter Adapter for Fujifilm FinePix Cameras
Kiwifotos LA-72S3200T 72mm Lens Filter Adapter for Fujifilm FinePix Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Most impressed, 8 Aug. 2014
I am very impressed with the quality of this adapter. It all screws together nicely and fits onto the front of my Fujifilm S4300 in a very secure manner.

Yes there is the problem of seeing the inside of the tube on your pictures if you have both fitted, but that is soon cured by simply removing the longer extension if you don't need the camera zoomed out for the photo. Otherwise, you only need to zoom out a little bit to overcome this problem.

DIGIFLEX 72mm Neutral Density Filter Kit ND2 ND4 ND8+Lens Cap
DIGIFLEX 72mm Neutral Density Filter Kit ND2 ND4 ND8+Lens Cap

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit cheap, and very plastic, 8 Aug. 2014
Not over impressed with these filters. As others have said they really are very cheap in quality, but for starting out as I am, I think they will do the job. If I managed to progress further, then I will upgrade at a later date.

Too Fast To Race & Still Too Fast To Race (2 DVD Set)
Too Fast To Race & Still Too Fast To Race (2 DVD Set)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good footage, dull speaker, 8 Feb. 2011
This dvd set charts the full story of how groupB came into being and what killed it off. With a sport as exciting as this i have to ask why the picked the dullest man on earth to voice it.

This guy could put you to sleep talking about pretty much any subject. His tone never change's and he sounds like he would rather be some place else.

This aside, it is a good DVD to get if like me you love your old rally cars. At the hight of the series these motors were knocking out the same power as F1 cars of the day. Little wonder that they had trouble keeping them on the road at times.

For the money i paid it was well worth it, and seeing as i have yet to get it back from friends i have lent it too, i would say they agree its a good DVD also.

I Don't Remember! Unique and Powerful Ways to Improve Your Memory
I Don't Remember! Unique and Powerful Ways to Improve Your Memory

1.0 out of 5 stars forget to buy this, 30 Jan. 2011
As some one that struggles to remember what day it is never mind other things like names, numbers, or where i left the drill i just had in my hand, i thought this would be a good book to get.

Oh how wrong can a person be? Well in my case very. There is nothing new or unique about the meathods taught in this so called book. It took me less than 40 minutes to read it, so i think calling it a book is a bit strong, maybe Pamphlet would be a better name.

I would love to know why every so called trick to remembering things involves you having to remember some other list of codes. If i had the capacity to remember that 4 is a boat 2 is a swan and 8 is an hour glass then i would not need to remember the code in the first place. Not to mention that thinking about a swan sailing a boat chasing an hour glass is not going to help me remember 428.

So if you are looking for an aid to helping you remember things i would steer clear of this. Because all you will remember is chucking 72pence down the drain.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2011 3:06 PM BST

Farang: Thailand Through the Eyes of an Ex-pat
Farang: Thailand Through the Eyes of an Ex-pat
by Iain Corness

4.0 out of 5 stars short story anyone?, 27 Dec. 2010
This book is a collection of short stories and not a travel log as such.
Seeing as the guy writes for a local paper i would say they are old paper cuttings.
But that said it is a good read and in places and can be pretty funny. But if you are thinking this will give you some great info on life in thailand then think again.
For the money its okay, but i doubt i will be buying the follow up to it.

Page: 1 | 2