Profile for Matthew K > Reviews

Retro Flip Down Clock - Internal Gear Operated
Retro Flip Down Clock - Internal Gear Operated
Offered by Convenientrade

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, so many compliments!, 28 Dec. 2015
Really good clock, I love it.

Had so many complements about it and people can't believe it when I tell them how cheap it is.

Only problem is the battery's aren't as common and you probably don't have them lying around the house.. But it's been absolutely great.

It's a little loud, not audible if you're watching the TV but if you're having a quiet meal you may wish to move it so you don't hear the whir of the movements.

But the sound is well worth putting up with for how good this looks and performs

Jimmy Design tight pant
Jimmy Design tight pant
Offered by Jimmy Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy, but possibly order a size up?, 28 Dec. 2015
Really happy with my purchase.

I was after a pair of tights/compressions for a skiing trip in January. As I haven't gone away yet I have been wearing them in the cold conditions here and they have been great.

They are probably a little too tight than other brands I own, but not too uncomfortable by any means. I would recommend if you are on the larger side of a Medium fit like I usually am, then try the Large.

I will probably invest in another pair, but can't wait to try these on the mountain too!

Morphy Richards 46251 Mug Tree - Red
Morphy Richards 46251 Mug Tree - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great part of the set., 23 Nov. 2015
Great little mug tree.

Matches my Morphy Richards Toaster, Kettle, and Kitchen Roll holder perfectly and complements the kitchen well.

My mugs don't fit perfectly on it but that is down to my mugs I think.

White Self Adhesive Wheelie Bin Numbers 17cm 2/Pk - 7 (WS517) Wheelie Bin / Dust bin / Dustbin Number Stickers
Offered by best deal 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory, 12 Nov. 2015
Does just the job. Cleaned my Wheelie Bin down a bit, let it dry and plonked this on the front so I will (hopefully) get mine back regularly!

Thought it might have been a tiny bit bigger but it is big enough to be visible.

ADDIS 40 Litre Rectangular Laundry Basket, Roasted Red
ADDIS 40 Litre Rectangular Laundry Basket, Roasted Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 12 Nov. 2015
Not really sure how to review a laundry basket!

It seems sturdy enough, people are complaining about quality as compared to previous models but I haven't owned one so couldn't comment.

The plastic mould feels strong enough to me and it has handled lots of laundry without feeling like it's going to snap.

All in all, I'm happy!

6 x White Temporary 'Quick Fix' Privacy Blinds in a Box
6 x White Temporary 'Quick Fix' Privacy Blinds in a Box
Offered by London Blind Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, 12 Nov. 2015
Having recently just moved house, I bought these as a temporary measure so I could move in TVs and expensive goods without them being on show, these are really good and to be honest look better than I expected.

My windows are such a pain though, 4 of the windows are the slightest bit wider than these come so I've had to double up but for the price of them it's no great shakes.

They also fall to the full length of my french doors, something I wasn't sure they'd do.
I was torn whether to go for these of the black-out version, I opted for these purely because they are white and didn't want it to look too dark with the black option. They look really nice on alongside my grey walls and the light they let in at night is minimal.

If you work night shifts and desperately need complete black-out to sleep in the day then these probably aren't for you, if this isn't such an issue then these are perfect.

Make sure your Stanley knife is sharp too when you cut them!! Otherwise they could come out a bit wonkey.

They came a little dented in the box (postie's fault, I imagine), but these creases fold out within days.

So overall, I'm really impressed.

White Self Adhesive Wheelie Bin Numbers 17cm 2/Pk - 3 (WS513) Wheelie Bin / Dust bin / Dustbin Number Stickers
Offered by VISTA ENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect accessory, 12 Nov. 2015
Does just the job. Cleaned my Wheelie Bin down a bit and let it dry and plonked this on the front so I will (hopefully) get mine back regularly!

Toshiba THNU32HAYWHT(6 32GB TransMemory USB 2.0 Flash Drive - White
Toshiba THNU32HAYWHT(6 32GB TransMemory USB 2.0 Flash Drive - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba 32GB USB Drive, 27 Oct. 2015
Does what it says on the tin.

I'm not too clued up on Computer technology so can't give a legitimate review on transfer speeds like others can, but it did the trick for me uploading video files to it. My PC has USB 2.0 hubs and it transferred the files relatively quickly.

I've used these Toshiba USB's a few times in the past and reliability doesn't seem an issue, I have no worries about this one.

Philips S5420/06 Series 5000 Aqua Touch Electric Shaver with Smart Click Precision Trimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, well weighted shaver., 27 Oct. 2015
I really like this shaver. After one of the head supports for my old Philips snapped during a flight, I decided to purchase this as it was offer of the day.

I'm really pleased with it, it's slightly loud but I only use the beard trimming attachment so it could be down to that. The beard trimmer is perfect for me, it cuts a couple of days worth of facial hair down to the skin leaving the tiniest of growth which is great if it's the look you're going for.
I can't comment on the shaver head as I haven't used it but this seems like a quality product so I would assume it works great.

It's a great little unit, really ergonomic so it fits really comfortably in your hand. It has a good weight to it too which my last one didn't.
It also flashes up a tap symbol once you've used it, reminding you to give it a rinse under the tap.

Would recommend.

Silverline 633840 Screwdriver Bit Set - Pack of 100
Silverline 633840 Screwdriver Bit Set - Pack of 100

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for putting up my IKEA furniture, 27 Oct. 2015
This was a really handy piece of kit for me.

Having just moved house and having a big delivery from IKEA it genuinely would have taken me the best part of a week (with help) to put everything up by hand. I ended up borrowing a drill from a guy in work and buying this tool kit so I knew I would have the right drill bits.

I used multiple positive bits and also two of the allen key bits and they were great.

They worked an absolute treat. They put up 12 pieces of IKEA furniture (from bedside tables to sofas, beds and wardrobes) without any fuss and only showing minor signs of wear.

My only gripe was that they aren't magnetic which would have made everything a bit easier but nothing to moan about at all.

As I say, the wear was only minor but that was down to only moderate use putting up furniture from everyone's favourite Swedish shop! I don't know how these would hold up if they were being used regularly and for tougher jobs, but for less than a tenner they were absolutely perfect for me and by moderate DIY use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6