Profile for pat_1703 > Reviews

Serenata
Serenata
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A joyful album with a true taste of Italy!!, 18 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Serenata (Audio CD)
Alfie returns to his more classical roots and treats us to a true taste of Italy! Some of the tracks, such as "Volare" and "Mambo Italiano" will need little introduction, but Alfie puts his own inimitable interpretation on these familiar songs and makes them his own. Other tracks such as the beautiful "Serenata Celeste", and "My Heart is Yours" (which has English words written by Alfie himself) are softly and beautifully sung, with loads of emotion. Then we have the soaring "Addio Sogni Di Gloria" which showcases the full range and power of his incredible voice.

The accordion, mandolin, guitars and string bass of the band give an authentic traditional edge to the album, whilst the strings give a lovely romantic feel!

As has already been said, this album is a perfect addition to Alfie's repertoire.

5 Cities® Lightweight Hard shell Travel Luggage Suitcase- 4 Wheel Spinner Trolley Bag 21" Fits 55x40x20cm, 26" 63x48x28cm, 29" 73x56x32cm (5 Years Guarantee) (21", Anthology)

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal travel companion!, 22 Oct. 2014
This is a great lightweight suitcase with ample room for enough clothes for a few days away. The 4-wheel arrangement is great and very smooth - I have limited mobility but have no trouble wheeling the case with my left hand whilst using my walking stick in my right.

The integral TSA lock is a plus as it saves having to worry about the whereabouts of the combination lock I've used in the past.

Being a big Beatles fan I love the design, which is brilliant and caused more than one comment on a recent trip to London [the first time the case was used]. Would highly recommend this suitcase!

Rosewood Oregano Cat Scratcher/Post
Rosewood Oregano Cat Scratcher/Post

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description : should really be rated 0 stars!!, 18 Oct. 2014
This item is not as described - the wooden platforms are sturdy, but the description "stylish stainless steel post" is downright misleading. The main post is actually a cardboard tube supposedly glued into stainless steel cups, but the cups are relatively shallow in relation to the length of the post and the glue ineffective.

We returned our original purchase thinking the fault might be a 'one-off' but have today returned the replacement as this was even worse, with the two stainless steel cups coming away from the cardboard tube even before the post was fully assembled.

Please note that the one star was given very begrudgingly as it was the only way this review could be posted!!

My Heart Is Yours
My Heart Is Yours

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, heartfelt and tender!!, 16 Oct. 2014
This review is from: My Heart Is Yours (MP3 Download)
Another wonderful track from Alfie's new album ... the words [written by Alfie himself] are warm and heartfelt and he sings this with such tenderness ... it's just beyond words!! I simply can't wait for this album to be released ... I have a feeling that it [and Alfie's forthcoming tour] are going to be very special!

Addio Sogni Di Gloria
Addio Sogni Di Gloria

5.0 out of 5 stars Second stunning new track from Mr Boe!!, 30 Sept. 2014
Another stunning track from the new Alfie Boe album 'Serenata' - after recently hearing Alfie sing this live at the Royal Albert Hall I'm looking forward to the album with great anticipation. Alfie's previous Italian album 'La Passione' has been a favourite of mine for a long time, and I can't wait to be transported off to Italy again with what promises to be a great new album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new romantic album!!, 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Luna Malinconia (MP3 Download)
This is a stunning track from 'Serenata', Alfie Boe's new album of romantic Italian music ... Alfie's wonderful voice and the authentic instruments woven into the arrangement perfectly capture the mood and feel of the music of the villages and towns of the Amalfi coast and instantly transport you there with this great interpretation of 'Blue Moon'. Can't wait for the album to be released on 17th November - have been lucky enough to hear Alfie sing one or two of the other tracks live, and it's going to be a great album!

Luna Malinconia

5.0 out of 5 stars Great preview track ... can't wait for the rest of the album!, 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Luna Malinconia (MP3 Download)
This is a brilliant preview track for what promises to be a stunning new collection of songs from Alfie! Have heard some of the other tracks recently when seeing Alfie both live and on TV and can't wait hear the complete album.

Tongue Twisters for Kids
Tongue Twisters for Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Tongue twisters, 3 April 2014
I choose this rating because I enjoyed the book a lot.
I liked the book because of all the tongue twisters in it I found it fun trying to say them to my self and always failing but I kept on trying and I managed to do it in the end.
I would recommend this book to people younger than 10 years of age because I think they will enjoy reading it to them selves and to there family and friends because I think every one would enjoy listening to people read it aloud.

By Joshua B-W
Age-12

JVC HAS160V Flats Foldable Style Stereo Headphones - Violet
JVC HAS160V Flats Foldable Style Stereo Headphones - Violet

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pair of headphones, 31 Dec. 2013
These headphones are fantastic ... really comfortable and easy to carry around. They give a great sound and I love them. Have just brought another pair for my grandson for Christmas because he kept borrowing mine and I could never find them!!

Trust
Trust
Offered by JMBMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Mellow and soulful with a touch of gospel!, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Trust (Audio CD)
This is a really beautiful album from Alfie ... his voice effortlessly flows through every single song, and it's impossible not to lose yourself in this great collection of tracks.

Alfie's artistry and interpretation shines through on each and every one of them ... from the quietly soulful to the gospel, and everything in between. It's impossible for me to pick out a favourite track as I love them all.

Another different and fantastic album from a great singer!

Page: 1 | 2