Profile for James Cooper > Reviews

Content by James Cooper

James Cooper (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Coleman Sportster Single Burner Fuel Stove - Grey
Coleman Sportster Single Burner Fuel Stove - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Scooter/Motorcycle rallies., 10 July 2014
Great stove. I use it when camping at Scooter Rallies. I chose it because I'm fed up with carrying gas bottles and I have a plentiful supply of petrol from my scoot when on a rally. Boils a full kettle of water very quickly. the only down sides are that it may be a little bulky for some riders luggage capacity (but doesn't really take up much more room than a gas stove and bottles), and you tend to get stitched up making all your mates cuppas on the Sunday morning because they've all run out of gas.

tinxs 50L 3 Day Assault Tactical Military Outdoor Sport Rucksacks Backpack Camping Trekking Hiking Bag Rucksack - Diffterent Colour Design for Choice Available ! (D-desert)
Offered by WMA

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bag., 10 July 2014
Great bag. I use it to put my gear in when riding to and from motorcycle rallies. Lots of room for a change of clothes and wash bag, plus some handt pockets to stash your smokes, passport, ipod etc.

Helix Magnifying Glass MN1020
Helix Magnifying Glass MN1020
Offered by Sorte

4.0 out of 5 stars Woks fine for what I need., 10 July 2014
Works fine with some distortion. My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be and I find this very usful in my garage to see the numbers on carburretter parts when I'm tuning motorcycle engines.

Mini Hot Water Bottle & Knitted Cover - Black & White Skull (500ml)
Mini Hot Water Bottle & Knitted Cover - Black & White Skull (500ml)
Offered by The Pea's Knees Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for bike rallies., 10 July 2014
I use this when camping at motorcycle rallies. Keeps your sleeping bag nice and warm for the early Spring/late Autumn runs, plus it's small enough to fill at a service station and stuff down your jacket for those cold overnight rides.

Australian Bikers Gear Black Kevlar Motorcycle Classic Jeans CE Armoured (50S)
Australian Bikers Gear Black Kevlar Motorcycle Classic Jeans CE Armoured (50S)
Offered by Bikers Gear

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 22 April 2014
Well made, fairly good fit, and heavy enough to give me confidence that if I do take a spill I'll be fairly well protected. Alas I can't comment on their protection as I've managed to keep my bike upright and hopefully I never will be giving them the "ultimate" test. Overall better made than some of the more expensive Kevlar Jeans and a very keen price.

Primus Aluminium Multi Fuel Bottle 1 Litre
Primus Aluminium Multi Fuel Bottle 1 Litre
Offered by HobbyHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy fuel bottle., 3 Aug 2013
I use this as a "back up" petrol can that I keep under my seat when touring on my motorcycle. Good sturdy design.

DERRI BOOT Mens 100% WATERPROOF Warm Boot (UK 8)
DERRI BOOT Mens 100% WATERPROOF Warm Boot (UK 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and snug., 3 Aug 2013
I bought these for use on my motorcycle. Not the most stylish boots out there but they do keep my feet very warm and dry, even when riding for 8 hours in torrential rain. For that level of comfort I'm more than happy to swap style for practability.

Australian Bikers Gear Men's "STURGIS" SPORTS TOURING CE ARMOURED LEATHER JACKET (36" Chest) - 36" Chest

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 3 Aug 2013
Nice heavy jacket. Ticks all the right boxes: Thick leather, good fit, removable armour and lining, zip to attach to trousers, and looks good. The only gripe is the buckles for adjusting the bottom straps are plastic and one broke almost instantly! Not too bothered though as I still think that for the price this jacket is a bargain.

Summer Motorcycle Gloves PROANTI® Leather & venting Mesh M to XXL Summer Motorbike Gloves (L)
Offered by SPORTDECK

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice summer gloves, 2 Jun 2013
Well made summer gloves, Fit was a little tight at first, but after a 250 mile trip with them on they've stretched to a perfect fit. They keep my hands nice and cool on hot days with the reassurance that they are well armoured in case I do have a spill and go Tarmac Surfing.

MEN'S Derri Boot Racing Green 100% WATERPROOF Warm Boot UK9
MEN'S Derri Boot Racing Green 100% WATERPROOF Warm Boot UK9

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and toastie., 14 Feb 2013
I bought these for wearing on my motorcycle as I want something warm & waterproof. They certainly tick all the boxes for what I wanted. I have read other reviews of these boots and most of them state the sizing is small so I ordered the next size up for my feet and they're about right with enough room for a thick pair of socks. So if you want dry, warm feet on your bike order these, but don't forget to go up one size ;-)

Page: 1 | 2