Profile for Raphael Sabatini > Reviews

Raphael Sabatini

Midnight In Harlem
Midnight In Harlem

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL!, 28 Sep 2011
This review is from: Midnight In Harlem (MP3 Download)
When I first saw this song performed on Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 201 [DVD] [2010] I was blown away! The album had yet to drop and I had never seen Susan and Derek together. It was a magical performance of a brilliant song. Watching Derek play this solo was mesmerizing. If you listen to the lyrics of this song, you will begin to understand the depth and the soul of this haunting number. This is what the new band was supposed to deliver on their debut recording. Although there are some great cuts, nothing quite compares to this. I chose not to review the CD, because I'd prefer to point out the potential for this band, than focus on its shortcomings. If you haven't heard this song, take a listen, you'll be glad you did.

Nobody Knows What You Do
Nobody Knows What You Do
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A CLASSIC!, 28 Sep 2011
At the peak of his writing and performing, John Hartford handed this little gem to his fans. I bought the album immediately and have treasured it ever since. The title track alone is worth the price of admission. "Sly Feel," "Somewhere My Love," "Golden Globes," "You Don't Have to Do That" -- they're all great. If you have "Aereo-Plain" (then you probably have this one) but if not, do not hesitate. It's classic John.