Profile for owen wainwright > Reviews

Content by owen wainwright

owen wainwright (Nottingham, Notts United Kingdom)

Koly Pro 15 pcs Make Up Sets Soft Eye Shadow Foundation Eyebrow Lip Makeup Brushes (Gold)
Offered by Kolylong

5.0 out of 5 stars Its good and useful, 20 July 2016
Its good and useful.
The cheap but amazingly good to use and to apply make up to your face brushes.
The only down side is that it takes ages to arrive!!
My kids recommend it!

D-Day June 6 1944: Following in the Footsteps of Heroes
D-Day June 6 1944: Following in the Footsteps of Heroes
by Stuart Robertson

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you put it down?, 6 Jun. 2014
I've learnt in life that given the chance I should get a personal tour guide if I want to learn about a subject. This book is that guide. The topic is high profile due to the 70 year anniversary, highlighted by the author Stuart Robertson being interviewed on Radio 5 live this morning at 6am from Arromanches! A nice co-incidence as I've nearly finished the book, hence me writing this on this day.
It's a powerful book with an amazing story unfolding about a generation we will not see the like of again.
Each beach or battle has it's chapter, also broken down into American and English angles with hero's and villain snap shots. Great photographs. Warning, it is difficult to put down when reading at bed time. I now want to go to the area to see where all the helpful guides are given. The introduction from a D-Day Veteran is a tear jerking start to make you realise the scale and sacrifices made 70 years ago. Try putting it down. Regards

The Water Dragon (Elements volume 1)
The Water Dragon (Elements volume 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Water Dragon, 10 May 2011
I've just finished this book and feel I have to put in my two penneth. This was a thriller which kept me entertained and an impressively well researched book of the area (I lived in Hong Kong for 2 years). Clever and gripping, would recommend to anyone, especially if they've been or are thinking of going to Hong Kong.
The start of a series? Enjoy.

The Blokes Guide To Pregnancy
The Blokes Guide To Pregnancy
by Jon Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Dads Army..., 8 Nov. 2004
Very useful and practical perspective of what to expect after being told your going to be parents for the first time.
Helps to normalise the stresses of pregnancy, giving comfort that others have been there before, and indeed will go after. What exactly is expected of the father???
I found some of the practical tips invaluable and still get points for my behaviour around and after the birth.
Well written with great humour to take some of the edge out of serious topics, and lovely anecdotes from a wide cross section of people that made me feel less paranoid and neurotic about everything...
Thanks again
Owen Wainwright
ps don't forget your toothbrush...
pps couldn't buy some sleep from you could I?