Profile for Escritor > Reviews

Content by Escritor

Escritor (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
5 pairs of wooden spiral spring shoe tree Gr. 36-46 Real Wood NEW Men / Women, Schuhspanner:46-48
Offered by sneakerprofi

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Mar. 2015
Great value. They work well and will last for years. Swift despatch too. Thank you.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a good book - well made and just the right size ..., 9 Nov. 2014
It is a good book - well made and just the right size for the Saturday/Sunday papers. I fitted one to our previous house, which gave good service for 10+ years. We moved and I ordered this new one for our new house. The only drawback is that it is jolly difficult to access the four fixing screws. It needs a short-handled screwdriver to fit in the space between the screw head and the facing inner surface of the box. It's possible to do, but very fiddly.
However, it is now in place and I (and the newspaper delivery boy/girl) are very happy.

Revolutionary, Patented SLEEP MASTER (tm) Sleep Mask. Worlds most effective light and noise reduction package. Helps with snoring partners , insomnia , shift work , jet lag for truly restful sleep. Prevents disturbed rest ensures peaceful slumber
Offered by sarz92

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works For Me, 8 July 2014
I have tried all sorts of masks; none has been as effective as this. Comfortable to wear, a good shape and soft to the touch, I have found it a great help while sleeping. The Velco fastening is big enough for ease of use and does not create a hard lump while resting the head on the pillow. There is some reduction in external noise but I generally use the mask in combination with ear plugs.

Black & Decker GL5028SB 500W Reflex Auto Line Feed Strimmer
Black & Decker GL5028SB 500W Reflex Auto Line Feed Strimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars It seems to work, but it's early days, 12 Nov. 2013
I spent a long time researching strimmers. The Which? reports suggested brands and models other than this one, but it did appear in the Best Buy list. All strimmers seem to suffer from problems with line feed, and every one that I have owned in the past has failed early in its life. It was clear that I should not buy a twin feed machine, since these are guaranteed to jam. I didn't want top spend a fortune on a machine. So, the 'old faithful' B&D came out tops in the research.
I have used it only twice and it has performed well. I think that the key to these things is to follow the manufacturer's advice about cutting by small degrees, rather than trying to attack long grass and weeds in one sweep; and to avoid hard obstacles. I'll probably be proved wrong, come the spring.

And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing after 'The Kite Runner' and 'A Thousand Splendid Suns', 2 July 2013
His first two books were brilliant, beautifully written and helped me to appreciate the lives of ordinary Afghans before the the appalling decades of war that the country has suffered. This third book seems to me to be the product of a publisher's contract that demands Hosseini produces books to order. It is too obviously contrived, with a thin plot and laboured characters. The timeline flips from past to present far too frequently and is difficult to follow (maybe that's because I read it as a Kindle - the paper version might be easier).
It was a real disappointment for me, since I was deeply moved by his first two books. However, I will buy his next one. Please take more time over it and avoid the pressures of writing for a market and over-demanding contracts!

Philips SHS8100/10 Earhook Headphones
Philips SHS8100/10 Earhook Headphones
Offered by Directory UK

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Tinny' overall sound, 22 Sept. 2011
The blurb suggested that these earphones have exceptional performance in the bass frequencies. That may be, but the overall sound is much more 'tinny' than I had expected. I have other in-ear types that have better sound quality. However, they stay in the ear, which is why I bought them. When you're on the last mile of a run, you're not really thinking about the finer points of musical quality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2015 9:38 AM BST

Mookie Scuttlebug Dragonfly Trike (Blue/Green)
Mookie Scuttlebug Dragonfly Trike (Blue/Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Boy Loved It!, 3 July 2011
A gift for my grandson on his first birthday. He absolutely loved it. A great product, well-made and at a very attractive price. We considered other trikes but this has the great advantage of being easily collapsible so it doesn't take up more precious space in the house and it is easy to take in the car. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Home Edition (PC)
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Home Edition (PC)
Offered by Mega Deals UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazed at its capability, 9 Nov. 2010
Although I have yet to make use of every facility that this program offers, I am amazed at its capability. It has, most certainly, improved my productivity and helped to reduce the overhead costs of my small business. I need to spend more time to fine tune recognition of some of my words but the program makes very few mistakes, and most of these are quite logical, for example 'to', 'too', '2', 'two' are difficult to differentiate when speaking. I am sure that there is a way to do this!

I would recommend this product without hesitation and I have already done so to many of my colleagues. I find that the Home Edition is more than adequate for my needs as a freelance writer, editor and book publisher. The Professional Edition might be necessary for a larger business.

Some of the reviews that I studied before purchasing the product were critical of the headset and microphone that come boxed with the software. I actually purchased a separate stand-alone microphone, having seen that others had done so. However I have been using the Dragon headset and it works perfectly well for me, and it seems to be sufficiently robust.

Universal-13 Port USB 2.0 Hub - Windows 7, Vista, XP, ME, 2000, Win98SE - 12 Horizontal & 1 Faltbare Port - Sleek Shiny Black - Slimline Design - Full Speed ??USB 2.0 (480Mbps) - USB-Kabel mitgeliefert - Mains Powered
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Hub - Big Capacity, 27 July 2010
It's unsual, I think, to find a 13-port hub, but with so many peripherals I was stacking up a succession of 4-port hubs with resulting cable confusion. I doubted that this would work as well as it does. But it does, with no overheating, instant response and sockets everywhere, with plenty to spare. I use a good quality USB cable to connect the hub to my PC or laptop. Transfer speeds seem to be excellent. A great product, well worth the price.

Lowepro Rezo 30 Camera Pouch for Digital Camera
Lowepro Rezo 30 Camera Pouch for Digital Camera

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't fit Panasonic TZ6 Camera, 24 Mar. 2010
I'm a fan of Lowepro kit and have several cases/pouches. When I bought a Panasonic TZ6 from Amazon, I aslo bought the small bundle advertised with the product - a case, a card reader and a card. The camera won't fit into the case! The card reader arrived quickly but the card took ages.

Not a good result for Amazon this time but the camera is great and because the case was pretty cheap I didn't ask for a refund. But beware - if you have a TZ6 or TZ7, it won't go into this case!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2010 6:05 PM BST