Profile for K..R. > Reviews

Brushmate Trade Brushes Box 4Pcs COMES WITH VAPOUR PAD
Brushmate Trade Brushes Box 4Pcs COMES WITH VAPOUR PAD
Offered by Diy-Direct
Price: 17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal product for storing brushes without cleaning them everytime, 25 July 2013
I was a bit dubious when I was told about this product but once purchased and used it I would certainly recommend this. It is great not having to clean brushes after use and then waiting for them to dry before using again.

The GL Diet For Dummies
The GL Diet For Dummies
by Nigel Denby
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, 2 July 2011
This is a no nonsense just tell it how it is book. When I bought this book I also bought the Patrick Holford cookery book - I think GL Diet for Dummies is far superior with less waffle and more advice. I would highly recommend it.

Logic3 Wii Fit Balance Board Cushion Mat (Wii)
Logic3 Wii Fit Balance Board Cushion Mat (Wii)
Offered by Ninjas Castle
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Cushion Mat, 16 April 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My husband bought me the Wii Fit Plus and balance board for Christmas and I love using it. However I tend to use it barefoot or wearing tights and after a while the soles of my feet get a bit sore. I bought this mat hoping it would help. I would highly recommend it. It makes no difference to the readings but is just thick enough to cushion my feet. It is one of the best things I have bought for my Wii.

Easy Guide to Sewing Tops and T-shirts, Skirts and Pants (Easy Guide)
Easy Guide to Sewing Tops and T-shirts, Skirts and Pants (Easy Guide)
by Lynn MacIntyre
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sewing Book, 16 April 2009
I found this a brilliant book to keep by my sewing machine. I have been sewing for most of my life but found this book to have many new ways of doing things and lots of tips for both new and old sewers. If you are a beginner just starting out sewing or an experienced advanced sewer I would highly recommend this book.

Digitizing Made Easy: Create Custom Embroidery Designs Like a Pro
Digitizing Made Easy: Create Custom Embroidery Designs Like a Pro
by John Deer
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected but well worth the wait., 5 April 2008
I bought this book expecting a step by step tutorial kind of book but instead it is more of an explanation of the principles of machine embroidery. I got lots of tips and it explained a lot of things that I have not been able to understand from other books. I don't think it is the book for a complete beginner as you need to understand at least the basics of your embroidery software, but having said that it does make all the tools and buttons of my software seem less intimidating.

I was disappointed with the 'free' CD. I have yet to manage to download the free designs as I get an error message each time. It also seems to concentrate more on advertising John Deer's other CD's than anything else, I had hoped it would contain video tutorials to complement the content of the book.

I would recommend it as a useful book for when you are past the automatic digitizing stage and want to do your own thing with a more detailed knowledge of how to produce a well designed piece of art embroidery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2010 1:16 PM GMT