Profile for Boaman > Reviews

The Complete Open All Hours - Series One-Four [1976]
Dvd ~ Ronnie Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars F fer fer fer Fantastic !!, 7 Feb 2014
Another Great British Comedy starring Ronnie Barker and David Jason

Wonderfully written and wonderfully acted, this is a must for lovers of British Comedy.

Porridge Series 1-3 and Christmas Specials (repackaged) [DVD]
Porridge Series 1-3 and Christmas Specials (repackaged) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ronnie Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic British Comedy, 7 Feb 2014
I don't think there is an episode of Porridge that I didn't find funny - A great series with great actors and a wonderful scrip
British Comedy at its best

The Island On Bird Street (1997) Region 1,2,3,4,5,6 Compatible DVD. Starring Patrick Bergin, Jordan Kiziuk, Jack Warden...
Dvd ~ Søren Kragh-Jacobsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Very THough provoking - Could you survive, 7 Feb 2014
I first watched this on TV many years ago and it was one of those films that stuck in your mind. I decided to try and get hold of the DVD to watch with my family and was so glad to find in on Amazon.
It is a wonderful film and your heart goes out to Alex left to fend for himself in a hostile environment - it begs you to ask the question What would you do in that situation? Could you survive?

28" Diamante jewelled Teddy Bear Design with Hanging Key Necklace
28" Diamante jewelled Teddy Bear Design with Hanging Key Necklace

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but a bit big, 10 July 2013
A Lovely bear but it was a little bit bigger than I expected. Purchased for a friend and they ended up using it on a keyring :)

Samsung PS43F4500 43-inch Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV with Freeview  (discontinued by manufacturer)
Samsung PS43F4500 43-inch Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV with Freeview (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture - Excellent Value for Money, 10 July 2013
Can't fault this TV - Great picture, Great Sound and at a fraction of the price of some other products. Easy to set-up, I certainly recommend it to anyone.

Mrs Brown's Boys - Series 1 [DVD] [2011]
Mrs Brown's Boys - Series 1 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Brendan O'Carroll
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 23 Jan 2013
So so clever - the wonderful Brown family and their friends never fail to have my sides aching and me crying with laughter.

Mrs Brown's Boys - Series 2 [DVD] [2012]
Mrs Brown's Boys - Series 2 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Brendan O'Carroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Jan 2013
What can I say that probably hasn't already been said - hilarious! Brilliantly written, brilliantly acted... Could watch this over and over.

From The Heart
From The Heart
by Larry Lamb

5.0 out of 5 stars Written from the heart(s) of some wonderful people., 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: From The Heart (Paperback)
The book's title sums it up exactly - The poems in this book, some from people I now consider to be close friends, are written from their hearts. They are often hard to read - what they've gone through, what they are still going through every day!
PTSD is something that we still know very little about but more and more of our service personnel are coming back from the front line with this 'invisible' wound that affects them and their loved ones.
Please buy a copy of this wonderful collection of poems from a wonderful collection of people and help to raise awareness of PTSD and support the charities that are working with the sufferers.

Disney Club Penguin Series 1 Captain Rockhopper 6.5 inch plush with coin code
Disney Club Penguin Series 1 Captain Rockhopper 6.5 inch plush with coin code

4.0 out of 5 stars Rockhopper Rocks, 25 Aug 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
My son loves everything Club Penguin and the toys are no exception - he's got several now but this was the icing on the cake. Despite it's price - due to the fact that it is one of the rarest to find - I think it was worth the money.
As with all Disney toys - it's well made and should outlast his addiction to Club Penguin.

Philips HQ8170 Philishave Speed XL Mains / Rechargeable Rotary Male Shaver
Philips HQ8170 Philishave Speed XL Mains / Rechargeable Rotary Male Shaver

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Awful, 17 Jan 2009
My wife paid out over £100 for this shaver and It doesn't shave anywhere near as close as a 20p disposable razor.

As soon as I switched it on it seemed to lack power. It struggled to cope with just one days growth and after 5 minutes I still looked like I hadn't had a shave for over 12 hours.
Luckily for me, my local Boots where she purchased it from took it back even though I'd used it - they said they'd had seveal complaints about them.

I certainly wouldn't recommend this shaver - I'll stick to a razor = much quicker and a far better result.

Page: 1 | 2