Profile for DaveSheffield > Reviews

DaveSheffield (Sheffield)

Furry Warmers Fully Microwavable Furry Boots Beige
Furry Warmers Fully Microwavable Furry Boots Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty, 11 Jan 2014
Another Christmas present for my girlfriend who always has cold feet - she loves these. They're not great for walking around in but then they're slippers, for keeping you warm while you're chilling out on the sofa/in bed. They're not walking boots. There's no discomfort when she's wearing them, she's got warm feet pretty much all the time and she's happy. Can't ask for more than that!

Colour Changing Floating Fruit Spa Bath Mood Light
Colour Changing Floating Fruit Spa Bath Mood Light

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof, quite simply., 11 Jan 2014
Bought as a cheap Christmas gift for someone who likes this sort of thing, pretty lights and baths. Sadly the two were not a good combination in this case as after two uses the was brown liquid running out of the light and when opened, the inside was rusty and generally filthy. Not a nice thing to have in your bath.

Alright when outside the bath mind you. Just not exactly what it's meant to be used for. If you want a bath light, this is not it.

Fever Pitch
Fever Pitch
by Nick Hornby

5.0 out of 5 stars I've not even read the full book yet..., 15 Jan 2011
This review is from: Fever Pitch (Paperback)
...but already I find myself nodding, chuckling or smiling in agreement and acknowledgment at a lot of the experiences Hornby writes about.

I won't deny I'm pretty obsessed with football, but frankly this book would go down well with anyone who lives/has lived/wants to live in Britain, because there's a lot of people living here who are secretly, and sometimes not so secretly, exactly like this!
I think it would also go down well with any long suffering wives of season ticket holders as a delve into the mindset of their other halves!

A damn good, generally light hearted piece of work by Hornby that it's very easy to begin to relate to, and then before you know it you're sucked in and you've ploughed halfway through the book before you know what's happening - for me, that's the sign of a good book - absorbing, and one the reader can relate to. Don't think about it, buy it!

Echoes: The Einaudi Collection
Echoes: The Einaudi Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars A good grounding on a fantastic musician, 15 Jan 2011
Echoes is an album I bought on the back of new found admiration for Signor Einaudi, and it covers many of the bases you may not have heard on television or popular culture in general.

I first discovered Einaudi whilst watching a sports related piece on television and his work was used as something of a rousing crescendo - and to great effect. A friend recently said to me "it's excellent soundtrack music" and that, for me, is the beauty of Einaudi's work. You can to listen to it in depth, picking up on every note and every intimate detail, or you can listen to it as background music, where it proves relaxing, focusing and an excellent aid for revision/work - that's what I personally use it for, and I'd recommend it to any student for that.

However you choose to listen to it, Einaudi's work is superb and I cannot speak highly enough of him, or this album which has given me a few new favourites; Questa Notte, I Giorni and Passagio to start with.