Profile for sasparilla > Reviews

Content by sasparilla

sasparilla

LOVEFiLM By Post
LOVEFiLM By Post

1.0 out of 5 stars ... think of is that amazon want to close down love film by post so that more people will go ..., 29 Oct 2014
This review is from: LOVEFiLM By Post (App)
The only thing that I can think of is that amazon want to close down love film by post so that more people will go for their amazon prime. Quite frankly I think this is misguided as their real competitors for that service is Net Flicks.

Lovers or Something Like It
Lovers or Something Like It
by Florian Zeller

3.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable but looses momentum, 26 Mar 2012
Started strongly and had an interesting naration style, trys to be quite clever in making a broader point. However it tailed off towards the end a bit for me and I found the ending unmemorable

Lonely Planet South America on a shoestring (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet South America on a shoestring (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent but please keep it this way, 26 Mar 2012
this book is great, excellent maps, accurate travel information and contains information on accomodation and restaurants at prices affordable for budget travellers. I only hope they keep it this way, in my oppinion other new lonely planet guide books published in 2011 now contain worse than useless maps and more marketing material than useful information.

Lonely Planet South India & Kerala (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet South India & Kerala (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible disapointment and demise of a good brand, 26 Mar 2012
I have been using lonely planet for years and really thought that they were the best travel books. I had just spent a year travelling around South America using the Lonely Planet shoe string guide and really trusted the brand. Then I bought this book to go to India with for three months. It is a new format, which doesnt bother me, but to my disapoitnment the BBC who now own lonely planet have removed the things that made the books so good. Most notabley the maps are now worse than useless. They no longer show the wider context of the city and omit most of the street names in the local area you are in. This is really bad, as unless they expect you to only ask a taxi driver for the street that something that they recommend is on, you will get completely lost and wont have a clue where you are. I will not be buying a new edition of lonely planet unless they go back to there old format that included really helpful maps, which were the main reason I bought their books for the last ten years. I have decided to try to buy a second hand edition of an old lonely planet book in the meantime so that I can actualy find my way around the cities that I visit.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2013 8:41 AM GMT

Battlestar Galactica: Razor [DVD] (2007) (Tv)
Battlestar Galactica: Razor [DVD] (2007) (Tv)
Dvd ~ Edward James Olmos

5.0 out of 5 stars don't be put off by the scifi element, 20 Sep 2010
really good, lost its way a bit in the fourth series when they tried to do more self contained episodes rather than building up an amazing grand narative, but it got back on track by the end (even if the actual ending wasn't to my taste). Loved the sound track to. In short a really good metaphorical piece on the treatment of the 'other' and an exploration of lots of concepts central to democracy and political thought. Second favourite series ever, only the Wire is better

Ocean Odyssey
Ocean Odyssey

5.0 out of 5 stars ultimate chill, 27 July 2010
This review is from: Ocean Odyssey (MP3 Download)
This CD is amazing, we put it on every night to go to sleep. It is so soothing and calming. This is my first amazon review but I felt compelled to share just how good this is.