Profile for EMS > Reviews

THIS IS NOT COCONUT BUTTER THIS IS AN OIL VERY MISLEADING

Going Vegan Made Simple: A Practical Beginner's Guide for a Plant-Based Diet
Going Vegan Made Simple: A Practical Beginner's Guide for a Plant-Based Diet

3.0 out of 5 stars could be more detailed, 28 May 2014
Interesting bits of info but nothing new really and thought there might actually be a diagram of the food pyramid. A few recipes to get you started would have been helpful too. Have found vegan websites more informative really, but good for a total beginner.

The Hungry Student Vegetarian Cookbook
The Hungry Student Vegetarian Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful even If not veggie or a student, 19 Feb. 2014
Already own many veggie vegan cook books but this one is really useful and practical and the recipes look delicious. Worth a try.

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK VERY TASTY FOOD INDEED!, 7 May 2012
What can I say I totally agree with the other reviewers, this book is worth every penny! Having watched the series on TV we decided to have one veggie day a week. The recipes in this book are so easy to make yet very very tasty we are now eating veggie most days using the book and loving it. It's got us cooking in a totally different way, using ingredients we've never used before. We've even planted our own veg off the back of this book, it's so inspiring. Even our full-on carnivore friends have loved it. The ethos behind this is that eating less meat is better for your health, the planet and your pocket!! Give it a go you won't be disappointed!!

Home Cooking Made Easy
Home Cooking Made Easy
by Lorraine Pascale

5.0 out of 5 stars Cook ur little socks off!!, 15 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Home Cooking Made Easy (Hardcover)
After only having this book for a month, already I have tried many of the recipes. The ingredients are easy to source, the recipes are easy to follow and the food tastes great. I would highly recommend this to any one regardless of cooking ability. There is a good selection of meals to choose from to suit the occasion weather mid-week meals to weekend roasts. This book is a good all rounder, happy cooking!

Kitchen Craft Master Class Cast Heavy Duty Garlic Press
Kitchen Craft Master Class Cast Heavy Duty Garlic Press

1.0 out of 5 stars HANDLE SNAPPED!!, 27 Nov. 2010
I was initially very pleased with this item as it does the job really well. But unfortunately after only having it for not even a year the handle snapped during use. I use it most days so perhaps for the less frequent user it would be fine, but if you plan to use it quite often I'd save your money and get a better one. It's such a shame as this was very effective at crushing garlic. I've decided to shop for a more expensive garlic press as this clearly was not at the high quality end of the market. I've also noticed other users have had the same problem with this product.