ARRAY(0xa82ea2e8)

Profile for Just Me > Reviews

Content by Just Me

Just Me "Jules" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Everything's Rosie Jigsaw Puzzle (35 Pieces)
Everything's Rosie Jigsaw Puzzle (35 Pieces)
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 29 Mar 2014
The puzzle would be better if there was more contrast in the colours. It's mostly pink which makes it difficult for little ones to distinguish between background.

Nameless
Nameless
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, if you don't mind blood and gore, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Nameless (Kindle Edition)
The first chapter opens with a description of a prostitute being essentially stalked, paid for then having her throat slit open to cause the murderer to become aroused (I am dulling this down slightly given any age can read this). The murderer develops an obsession for Annie, a lawyer. He is jealous of any relationships she has and goes out of his way to 'right the world' of people he thinks are 'wrong' eg mainly prostitutes. It's a substantial read. I am about half-way through now, but have a fair idea about what might happen next. I would describe it as a psychological thriller. If you don't like reading about throats being slit and blood, then this isn't a book for you.

Tomy Tomica 85403 City Express Set
Tomy Tomica 85403 City Express Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little train set, 7 July 2013
I got this for my son's second birthday and, despite him pulling at it and trying to take carraiges apart etc, it is still in one piece! I didn't give him the little charater/ toy man that comes with it and have only got out the train track, car and train so far. I believe my son will 'grow into' the rest as he gets a bit bigger and more imaginative. He likes watching the train go round the track. My sister informs me that the train track is identical to the one she got for her son some 16 years ago as part of Thomas the Tank Engine, so it looks like I will be able to put the tracks together to make a huge one in the future.

Worth the money and robust!

The Magpies: A Psychological Thriller
The Magpies: A Psychological Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 7 July 2013
It's easy to read and has a good story line with a bit of a twist towards the end. I would say it's between 3 and 4 stars.
The basic plot is that a couple move into a new flat and things start to go wrong- their perfect neighbours turn out to be far from perfect. They get anonymous mail including recordings of what they have been doing in their own flat. They get dead rats left on the door step. It takes a while to work out what neighbour is the culprit.

Some bits are a bit far fetched, but it's a good read.

Vital Baby Toddler Trainer Cup (Blue, 280ml)
Vital Baby Toddler Trainer Cup (Blue, 280ml)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 11 Jun 2013
We have been using vital baby products since our son was born. I love these trainer cups and they have very much been a god send. We use them on car journeys and thanks to the drip-free filter, we never have accidents. At home, my son now uses the doidy cups (also recommended). At night time, we use the trainer cup to give him some milk before bed. The problem is he now knows he can blow the filter out so occasionally he then puts the cup down and it leaks everywhere. As such, they were great for approximately the first 18mths. We did have to purchase some new filters and ended up with about 5 cups to enable some to be washed in the dish wahser. My advice would be don't put the filters in the dish washer- they tend to cause the membrane to split, resulting in leaks. The lid and cup itself are fine in the dishwasher.

Splash About Kids Neoprene Float Jacket with Adjustable Buoyancy - Lime/Royal, 1-3 Years
Offered by Funswim Ltd
Price: 24.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for bouyoncy, not so good to enable swimming, 11 Jun 2013
We purchased this for my son when he was approximately 10mths. He is now 2yrs and we stopped using it about 3 months ago. The jacket was great initially for keeping him upright and giving him the sercurity in the water, however when he started swimming lessons it was frowned upon by the teacher as it made it 'too easy' for him to float and not have to kick or move. As such, we no longer use the jacket. I am now tempted by the new-age arm bands (foam armbands, rather than blow up ones) and these are used during swimming lessons for slightly older children. The jacket most definately kept my son afloat, but I think they are limited in terms of what age they are appropriate for. Perhaps if we took him swimming in an outside pond/lake, I would use it, but otherwise I want my son now he is 2yrs to be encouraged to swim, not to simply bob up and down in the water without having to make any effort.

Nokia Lumia 620 Sim-Free Windows Smartphone - Black
Nokia Lumia 620 Sim-Free Windows Smartphone - Black
Offered by Fonz Mania
Price: 121.20

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm mostly impressed, 11 Jun 2013
I am new to the smart phone concept, always thinking there was no point in updating my old phone when I spent most of my waking hours glued to a computer screen anyway. However, I was initially seeking to get a new phone so I could switch sims between my work and personal and have a decent phone to use- my work provides bricks with no blue tooth which isn't great when I spend a lot of time travelling too. Anyway, as a complete novice to the world of smart phone, I spent hours doing the research and got it down to HTC One or Nokia 620. I begrudge having to spend more than 100 on a phone and managed to pick up a refurbished Lumia 620 for 10 more than what I wanted to. There are many reviews on here which give the more advanced user the info they might desire, but as a novice who has been using the phone for a meer two days, here's what I think so far:

Great colours, vivid pictures, not lagging or stalling, enough apps to keep me amused
The phone can double as a kindle, or you can use Nokia's own 'Reading app' and download various e-books- I've downloaded one e-book from each and there is no difference, therefore I suppose it will depend who has the cheapest offer or best book!
I am able to set up my multiple email accounts so I am alerted when new messages are sent (haven't managed to succeed doing this with my work one which is not so good)
I've downloaded two apps (two free games) which are pretty rubbish, but there does not seem to be any way of deleting them from the phone? That is a bit irritating as I am testing things out and don't like the idea of clutter on the phone I don't want. The same goes for ready installed apps, such as Groupon or e-bay which I have never and will never use.
The battery lasts about one day- I have to admit that I am using the phone quite a lot as I am still in the 'new toy' stage, therefore think this might increase in a few weeks
It's pretty straight forward to use and, as a novice, I feel I am getting there- there is a downloadable manual for the basics, if needed
I would like an easier way to search for appropriate apps- this might be available, but I haven't worked it out yet. Even on my home computer, I do not find it easy to search through apps of find what I am looking for, so either this is just me or the apps are set up (like Ikea) to get you to go round the whole store before findng what you want- intice you in?
The speech dictation (on Windows 8) is very impressive. I actually wanted to download a speech dictation app so I could dictate notes and emails whilst on the move- I have used the speech dictation that is available for emails and texts and, other than the first time I used it, it has been accurate. I think the only reason it wasn't accurate the first time was because I was outside and there was background noise- I have not needed to purchase a headset or mic to make this work (bonus).
I am still awaiting my 64GB micro SD card to arrive from Amazon, but am hoping this will be ample to see me through the life time of the phone
I am hopeful that nokia or another company will bring out a more powerful battery to strecth the phone beyond 24hrs. In saying that, I have no issues with having to charge up each night when I am using all day- my lap top only lasts a few hours!With the current battery being advertised as costing less than 5, if it does get irritating, I will just pruchase a second one

Would I recommend the phone= yes, it's a good little device and does what you would expect from a smart phone. The price is what makes it a winner over other very similar spec phones.

Paola Reina Teo Doll Winter Baby
Paola Reina Teo Doll Winter Baby
Price: 22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Little bit small, 11 Jun 2013
I have ordered to dolls for my son. One is a 41cm doll and then I ordered this one. This doll is about half the size of the other one, so don't expect a 'new born' size, but is has a very cute face and smells like chocolate (or vanilla as my husband keeps saying). My son (2 yrs) still wants to take 'baby' with him to bed at night and likes giving him a cuddle. As such, it was a successful purchase, but I was expecting it to be bigger.

Case In Your Face NOKIA LUMIA 620 Red S Line Wave Gel Case Skin Cover And LCD Screen Protector Guard

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, but still pretty good., 11 Jun 2013
I thought the cover' would be a case- however it is just a back cover. It attaches over the black case of the phone. It is see-through therefore I can see the sticker that is on the black case through the red 'gel'. As such, it is more transparent than I though it would be. It has a nice feel and at such a cheap price, it is worth the money. It does not look like the one in the photo due to be transparent!

Regatta Boy's Puddle II Water Proof - Laurel/Hawth, 24 to 36
Regatta Boy's Puddle II Water Proof - Laurel/Hawth, 24 to 36

4.0 out of 5 stars Light weight rain protector, 2 Jun 2013
We haven't had much chance to use this yet, but I like the fact it is light weight and I can roll it up and put it in my bag to go out. I didn't want a product which was lined as you would only be able to use it in the winter months and given British weather, we need rain protection all year round. This was one of the cheaper ones when I searched, but it is as good as the others. It is what I would expect from Regatta. I would buy another one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6