Profile for Ally Oop > Reviews

Content by Ally Oop

Ally Oop "Blue Jazzy" (Eastbourne UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
KODAK 30XL (High Capacity) Compatible Black & Tri-Colour Printer Ink Cartridges For use with Kodak ESP 1.2 3.2 C100 C110 C300 C310 C315 Printers by Ink Trader
Offered by Ink Trader Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks like they have ruined my printhead, 1 May 2015
I was well aware that these were not the genuine Kodak cartridges. They clearly say Ink Trader.
I have today tried 2 brand new black cartridges and both of them do not print with leaving huge
gaps in the print. I have tried cleaning my print heads 4 times; recalibrated the printer all to no avail.
Looks like they have ruined my printhead. Steer well clear of this product. Its rubbish!

Premium Brown Leather Wallet Case for Apple iPhone 5S and iPhone 5 by TORRO
Premium Brown Leather Wallet Case for Apple iPhone 5S and iPhone 5 by TORRO
Offered by Torro Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a smart well made product that fitted my iPod Touch 6 ..., 7 April 2015
This is a smart well made product that fitted my iPod Touch 6 perfectly. Gives very good protection and has handy slots for notes, money, cards etc., it's discreet good looks will not make you feel like a cheapskate.

Power Bank, JETech® 10,000mAh 2-Output Portable External Power Bank Battery Charger Pack for iPhone 6/5/4, iPad, iPod, Samsung Devices, Smart Phones, Tablet PCs (10000mAh Black)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars This is well made quality product that does what is ..., 7 April 2015
This is well made quality product that does what is says on the tin. It has a hefty feel to it, so perhaps not suitable for carrying around at all times, go instead for one of their smaller chargers. However this is ideal for packing in the suitcase for short holidays.

iTALKonline ProGel BLACK Back Cover Tough TPU Case / Skin for Apple iPad 2 (2011) 2nd generation iPad 3 "The New iPad Retina Display" 3rd Generation 4th Generation 2012 (Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G + 4G) 16GB 32GB 64GB works with GENUINE Apple iPad 2 Smart Cover. (Smart Cover showing In Images is For Illustration Purposes Only. It Is NOT Included With This Back Cover)
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 21 April 2012
Does what it says on the tin. Well made product at a very good price.
Fits my iPod a treat and stops it sliding off my lap when using it.
So many of these products are seriously over-priced but not this one.
Well pleased with it.

Bialetti Venus 2 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker
Bialetti Venus 2 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Bella espresso, 11 Feb. 2012
Beautifully made and designed little coffee maker for those who only want one or two cups.
Very elegant and nicely engineered product. Makes a nice espresso very quickly.
However, one word of warning, because of its small size you need to be careful not to burn your fingers when when picking it up as there is not much clearance between the handle and the metal body. Its best to practice
a technique with cold water before using it the first time.

Lover Man
Lover Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving classic, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Lover Man (MP3 Download)
Many words have been written about Lover Man and this emotional and moving piece of jazz by Bird which
is essential listening for any serious jazz fan.
Although Bird was under the influence of drugs and alcohol at the time of the recording it has
turned out to be one of his greatest pieces of work which cannot fail to move the listener.
However, Parker himself did not want the recording released, so let's thank all those around at the time
for having the courage to release this great piece of music.
If not already in your collection-consider it incomplete.

Aluminium Lightweight Folding Transit Wheelchair With Brakes In Blue AMW003B
Aluminium Lightweight Folding Transit Wheelchair With Brakes In Blue AMW003B
Offered by Angel Mobility

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Chair, but..........., 6 Feb. 2012
This chair is advertised as being super lightweight at less than 9kg which is the main reason
I choose it. I was a little disconcerted when I spotted that the packaging put the weight at 15kg.
The packaging weighs about a kilo so the correct weight of the chair with footrests fitted is about 14kg.
Certainly not super lightweight and heavier than others advertised at around 12kg.
However, on the plus side this looks to be a very well designed and engineered chair. As yet I have not
taken my mother out in it but with cable brakes is ideal for those with any downhill journeys to make.
Had this chair been 9kg as advertised I would have awarded it 5 stars for its quality but feel
mislead by its advertised weight.

Cloudburst
Cloudburst

5.0 out of 5 stars Bursting with Talent, 31 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Cloudburst (Audio CD)
This was given to me by my brother who was fortunate to see her live and bought this superb Cd at the gig.
What an undiscovered talent Trudy is. There is not a weak song on this entire collection and most swing like hell. The arrangements are outstanding
and cannot be faulted. Joy Spring and Up Jumped Spring make you want to dance with Joy!
Other outstanding tracks are Jeannine; Ruby My Dear; Lady Luck (a vocal version of Stolen Moments).
I cannot recommend this CD more highly and am amazed that someone bursting with this much talent is so little known.
What are you waiting for just buy it!

Wolf Hall
Wolf Hall
by Hilary Mantel

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Booker for me, 27 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Wolf Hall (Paperback)
As an avid reader for about 60 years of my life I decided to take this from the shelf after previously buying it for my mother as a Christmas Gift.
I now feel guilty about imposing this weighty volume on her. After a terrific opening chapter I became more and more confused about what was going on, who was speaking and who was related to who. Hilary Mantel should read a few of George Orwell novels or essays to learn how to write in an easy flowing descriptive style. I do not often give up on a book but after struggling through 80 pages and re-reading almost as many, have finally decided to turn to more deserving reads on my shelf.
I am glad to see that I am not alone in my opinion of Wolf Hall and am at a loss to explain how such a badly written book could have won such a major prize as the Booker.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2012 8:35 PM BST

Proteam HO1734 - Wireless Doorbell Battery Operated
Proteam HO1734 - Wireless Doorbell Battery Operated

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluejazzy, 29 Oct. 2011
Great little product for very little money. Easy to fit in minutes.
Plenty of different chimes but stick to the basic ones as the others are
very twee. I paid far more than this chime for my previous one which only
lasted a couple of years so if I get at least 3 or 4 years from this cheap one