Profile for Greg Hallam > Reviews

Greg Hallam

The Martian
The Martian

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting idea..., 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
but a bit too much technical / scientific info for my liking,but would try another of his titles at some stage.

The Outsiders
The Outsiders

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly un-put-downable..., 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Outsiders (Kindle Edition)
Gerald Seymour always writes a good story,but I would have liked a few paragraph breaks when he "changes scenes"...maybe it's me,but I found myself having to re-read certain bits as I thought I had turned over 2 pages at once,whereas a few punctuation marks or dotted lines/dashes would tell you a scene had changed.
But a good well researched story,especially liked as I spend a lot of time in Spain and know the areas well.

Acer Liquid Z2 Duo Dual Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Acer Liquid Z2 Duo Dual Sim Free Smartphone - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing..., 4 Dec 2013
I wanted a dual sim phone as I spend a lot of time in Spain and the UK...the first phone was ok,but had a fault with the camera...ie.it didn't work half the time!! But Amazon sent me a replacement very quickly and so far so good,but I think I could have chosen a simpler phone,but maybe that's down to age!!

Strategos: Rise of the Golden Heart (Strategos 2)
Strategos: Rise of the Golden Heart (Strategos 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read at all..., 13 Nov 2013
As someone who enjoys and has read a lot of historical novels,I found this a good read being written in a period/country that I hadn't
read about before. I enjoy the previous book too and am looking forward to the next installment...in the meantime I have already bought the three Legionary books by the same author.
My grumble is not with the story,but as usual the proof-reading...far too many punctuation errors etc!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 10:12 PM GMT

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver For Windows (Xbox 360)
Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver For Windows (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gizmo Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product..., 31 July 2013
I find the Xbox 360 W/less gaming receiver brilliant for my needs and have recommended it to several friends already.

The Parthian
The Parthian

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad story..., 18 July 2013
This review is from: The Parthian (Kindle Edition)
BUT WHY SO MANY UNNECESSARY GRAMMATICAL & SPELLING MISTAKES???
Surely someone does proof reading at Amazon? or if not,why not???

The Reckoning
The Reckoning

4.0 out of 5 stars Another superb story..., 1 July 2013
This review is from: The Reckoning (Kindle Edition)
Another 'can't put it down' novel...but as usual,far too many spelling errors...some one isn't doing their job properly in the proofing department!

Falls the Shadow
Falls the Shadow

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked..., 1 July 2013
This review is from: Falls the Shadow (Kindle Edition)
A great historical novel...very well researched and I have just finished my 3rd book by this author.
My only criticism is in the proof reading department!! Far too many spelling errors for my liking,but you can't have everything you want in this life!