Profile for Mr. A. M. Conroy > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. M. Conroy

Mr. A. M. Conroy "adamc3" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Hip Hop Is Dead
Hip Hop Is Dead
Offered by Bridge_Records

4.0 out of 5 stars Nas Resurrects Hip Hop, 3 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Hip Hop Is Dead (Audio CD)
Nas is clearly back to his best with this album. After a poor year for hip hop releases with maybe only The Game producing a decent album Nas needed to hit top form with this album. After his last album Streets Disciple being a huge disapointment people maybe questioned his talent but he has certainly answered his critics with this. He has probably looked at what was wrong with his previous two albums which was poor beats and bad features, however this has changed completly with beats from Dre, Kanye West, Will.i.am and Scott Storch. Also the features have improved with The Game, Snoop Dogg and of course Jay-Z. Black Republicans and Hustlers are both classics and the only let down is the weak start of the album with the first couple of songs being poor. However, overall the superb production and good features has led to a great album which I would highly recommend because Nas truely shines and proves he is one of the greatest of all time.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PS2)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PS2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Why???, 10 Nov. 2006
I will begin by stating that I own every Pro Evo from 1 to 6, and every one has impressed me and I have always preffered PES to FIFA. However, I would love to ask the creators at Konami HOW they managed to ruin a classic??? I had this preorded weeks before it was released and I was very excited about the release. After the first game, I don't think I have ever been s dissapointed in my life. I mean, they have just made every aspect of the game worse. The pace of the game is slow, passing is slow and inaccurate. Shooting is pretty much impossible and tackling is also very very tricky. I don't even enjoy playing games anymore on this edition. The COM changes players at the worst times and the defence seems to be determined to allow strikers to stroll through. Pace is completley unimportant as you cannot beat anyone with pace, it is all about strength. Some players you just cannot get the ball off which makes the game just ridiculos and unenjoyable. One-on-ones are terrible because it is too hard to score. Overall Konami seem to have tried to make this harder and more of a challenge but it is just unrealistic and rubbish. I am extremly dissapointed and i feel soon I will revert back to PES5.

Revolutionary Vol. 2
Revolutionary Vol. 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the greatest album of all time, 3 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Revolutionary Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
Immortal Technique is undoubtably the greatest rapper ever, it is impossible to put into words actually how good he is. This album does what all good music should which is influence people. You may think that because he is an unheard of underground rapper that he would rap over poor beats but i was extremley surprised to hear the beats over which he raps, they are superb. Almost every lyric rhymes yet every word he says is relavent. It is really difficult to appriciate how good his music is. If you listen to this then afterwards nothing can compare, his metaphors are simply amazing and overall his lyrics are just superb. He is better than Pac or Biggie because every time you listen to the album again you catch something new which just amazes you. His songs and deep are interlectual and you will not regret buying this cd. Even to quote him, "Nobody's as good as me, just got better marketing schemes".

Duets: The Final Chapter
Duets: The Final Chapter
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that good, 18 Dec. 2005
This album isn't really like a Biggie album, to be honest it was quite a let down. Most of the songs just consist of a couple of recycled verses from BIG and one verse from the featured mc, which usually just raps about how good BIG was. There really isn't that much new material. Maybe they should have left it at Life After Death because unlike 2Pac, Biggie didn't record a lot of material before his death. This just leads to old verses over new beats which just doesn't live up to Ready To Die or Life After Death. However there are a few good songs such as I'm Wit Whateva, It Has Been Said and 1970 Somethin. Probably worth buying but it is just a money spinning attempt from Diddy to try and live off Biggie's work. If you have his previous albums then you will probably recognise most of the verses and will not be too excited by the guest appearences. Could have been better.

Curtain Call- The Greatest Hits [Deluxe Edition]
Curtain Call- The Greatest Hits [Deluxe Edition]

1.0 out of 5 stars SELLOUT, 27 Nov. 2005
Firstly, I am a huge fan of Eminem but I have to say, this album is dreadful, it is by no means a compelation of his greatest hits. You may think it's worth buying for the new songs, you would be wrong. Fack and shake that are absolutely appauling, they are nowhere near the standard of Em's best work. However when i'm gone is a superb song and it is worthy to be on his greatest hits. Unfortunately the rest of the tracklist doesn't live up to the quality of when i'm gone. The pop songs got onto the album because Eminem is trying to appeal to the masses but also 3 new songs made it on, to appeal to true fans. The bonus disc is also a let-down, it's just a couple of compelations that people may not have heard in an attempt to sell a few more copies. In my opinion, Eminem should have made a cd with his best work on it, not an album with his biggest selling singles on it. I understand that he cannot possibly put all the tracks he has made onto the album but he could at least have made a better selection. Here are a few songs that really are worthy to be on Eminem's Greatest Hits - 97' bonnie and clyde, rock bottom, marshall mathers, kim, rabbit run, white america, halie's song and till I collapse. These are not all the good songs eminem has ever made but they are the best of the best which is what should have been included on this album. To be honest, this album is a rip-off, £12 for 3 new songs is just ridiculos. This cd has been a huge let down and I would highly reccomend you save your money.

E. 1999 Eternal
E. 1999 Eternal
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Bone Thugs at their best, 30 Oct. 2005
This review is from: E. 1999 Eternal (Audio CD)
This album is superb. The first lp from bone thugs-n-harmony and the best. This album was released when they were hardcore rappers, the first signs of them going a little softer appear on this lp with 'tha crossroads'. There are some of the best hip-hop songs of all time on this album, such as Eternal, Land of tha heartless and mo murda, somehow these didn't make it onto the greatest hits album. This album is true hip-hop, no fake rubbish like 50 cent, just raw rap and a true classic.
If you have never heard of bone thus-n-harmony then I would highly reccomend this album because it is fast rappin' and amazing production. This is easily their best album but it is more hardcore than the others.

Late Registration
Late Registration
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Here we go again. . ., 21 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Late Registration (Audio CD)
This is extremley overrated, just like the college dropout. It's not a bad album but I just cannot believe the hype it gets. When I first played the album through I sat there wondering whether they sent me the right cd because this was meant to be 'greatest hip-hop album of all time' - not quite. The only songs worthy of a mention are drive slow, bring me down and diamonds (including the remix). Gold digger isn't bad but it's overrated. There are some average songs but nothing to shout about. Bring me down is a good song and you can see what he's trying to do but it's no 'never let me down' from the college dropout. The skit's are painfully bad and crack music??? is possibly the worst song kanye has ever done. As you would expect the production is very good but the guest appearences just aren't, I was especially dissapointed with talib kweli's verse on we can make it beter. I would say that it is worth buying but don't get your hopes up for a superb album becasue you will be dissapointed.

Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon
Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Missed the boat?, 4 Sept. 2005
To be honest I was expecting this album to be something special becasue it has been delayed for so long but I was dissapointed. Last year the g-unit albums were amazing and really popular but the style is getting boring and nobody is doing anything different. The beats are plain and the lyrics are nothing special. Drama Setter was a let down because when eminem features he doesn't even have a verse he just sings the hook. The few highlights of this album are 'i know you don't love me' and 'live by the gun'. 'I'm so high'?? why put this on the album, rap about something differnet for a change, this titled song has been on every g-unit album and I'm bored of it. If I were to sum this album up in one word it would be ordinary.
Will the album sell well? Yes.
Will a lot of people be dissapointed? No.
It will be like the massacre and be overrated but for me its nothing out of the ordinary and its boring after a couple of listens.

Sony CMT-NE5 Micro system  MP3
Sony CMT-NE5 Micro system MP3

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 14 Aug. 2005
Looks - 5/5
Sound - 5/5
Build Quality - 5/5
Useability - 5/5
I would highly reccomend this micro system because I can't fault it. It is very easy to setup and use, it is loud and I have had no problems with it. MP3 CDs can be played on the system but you have to buy additional software to make these on your computer but they are extremley good once they are made. You can hook up additional appliances such as an mp3 player or Tv using RCA or phono leads available almost everywhere quite cheap. Personally I think it's the best micro system available at this moment in time.

10 Year Anniversary Illmatic Platinum Series
10 Year Anniversary Illmatic Platinum Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it worth buying if you have the original?, 31 July 2005
Probably not, if you already have the original and you are wondering whether it is worth the extra money for the extra tracks I would say no. If you don't already have illmatic then you should definately buy this version instead because it is undoubtably one of the greatest albums ever. The remix's have good beats but it is almost impossible to improve the classic tracks and the two bonus tracks are ok but I wouldn't spend all this extra money on them, stick with the original unless you are a die-hard fan.

Page: 1 | 2