Profile for B. Scott > Reviews

Content by B. Scott

B. Scott (York, United Kingdom)

Sony Walkman NWZ-S638FB 8GB Drag & Drop MP4 Video Player with FM Tuner - Black
Sony Walkman NWZ-S638FB 8GB Drag & Drop MP4 Video Player with FM Tuner - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended. So easy to use., 9 Feb. 2009
This MP4 player is great! I bought this one becuase it was cheaper than the Ipod, it has a bigger screen and mainly because it is generic, which makes it better value to use. You do not have to use 'I tunes' or any of the specialist Ipod equipment, instead you can rip music from current cd's or use download files. I have this playing in my car through a phono in lead which costs a fraction of the price of a docking station (and less likely to be stolen!)It is so easy to use as it is a simple drag and drop system. It charges via USB which is very convenient as you can charge it whilst on the computer. Overall I would recommend this over an Ipod, due to its generic compatibility and the linked value for money in comparison.

Wayne Thiebaud Paintings
Wayne Thiebaud Paintings
by Steven A. Nash

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent images, 13 Jun. 2005
This must be the only book available on Wayne Thiebaud, and as the only one it does a fantastic job. The images are mostly in full colour (I never get why art books have black and white images!) and there is a lot of information too. I bought the book purely for the images of confectionary items, and I was not disappointed! He doesnt seem to be a well known artist, but I have studied him in great detail and would like to take this opportunity to recommend him to any modern art lover, as his paintings can only be described as lucious! There are a couple of paintings not included in the book, but the vast majority are there. I would like to see more books published on Wayne Thiebaud, and especially one focusing entirel on his food paintings. Very highly recommended book, excellent quality all round.

Riders
Riders
by Jilly Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything a book can offer and more, 22 Aug. 2004
This review is from: Riders (Paperback)
This is the best book i have ever read in my life. I didn't want it to ever end! It is so funny because it is so true, it has every single emotion going in it, and is so easy to get into! Most people say they fall for Rupert, but I fell for Jake because of the way he handles his horses and life. Everyone should read this book, even if you are not horsey, I was laughing so hard at some points that it hurt, and then nearly cying with sadness at others. The fact that it had so much of the horse element also did it for me. Highly recomended!!!!!!!!!!