Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Cumbria)

GUITAR PICK MAKER PLECTRUM PUNCH - MAKE YOUR OWN PLECTRUMS ! IN STOCK! NEW DESIGN ! By ROBERTS With Clean Edge System

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Nov. 2011
The product is a heavy duty hole punch that punches thin plastic in the shape of guitar plectrums. It's not a decorative product and in fact looked second-hand when it arrived - scratched, dusty and with debris caught in the punch area. Judging it as a tool it probably punched fine - there was a test plectrum in the package, but it does not operate smoothly, in fact we found it very difficult to release from the closed position and each time it was released and punched again it stuck in the closed position.
Since I bought this as a gift for a guitar mad nephew it was not in a condition I wished to give a gift in and so I returned it for a refund. The comments received back say that the product functions fine and works as it should. If this is the case I will not be ordering a replacement.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2014 9:14 AM BST

The Intruders
The Intruders
by E E Richardson

4.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Read, 28 Jun. 2007
This review is from: The Intruders (Paperback)
We bought this book as a "free" selection in a 3 for 2 offer - the other two being choices my son's wanted and this being an unknown to give a try. It sat gathering dust until my eldest(age 15) ran out of reading material. He finished it within 24 hours and declared it brilliant It was then passed along to his brother (age 12) who demolished it in an equally fast time and has put her other books on his most wanted list. I always make a point of reading the books that my sons do and so took my turn. What a page turner. The "ghost" story is really quite standard but the weaving of the four step-sibling relationships into the plot is brilliantly done and moves the story from standard to superb. I would put the book into the age 8-12 category but it can easily slip over and appeal to the teenage market. It is one of those books that I would recommend for reluctant readers, especially those in the teenage category since it does not look like a junior book and would not damage their image to be seen with it!

Good Food: 101 Cakes & Bakes: Tried and tested Recipes
Good Food: 101 Cakes & Bakes: Tried and tested Recipes
by Mary Cadogan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little book, 27 Jun. 2007
I bought this little book for my son - age 10 at the time. He is always wanting to bake and this is a brilliant book. Easy instructions which he can follow himself, recipes that work, the results look like the glossy picture and taste wonderful. I have to fight to get access to my kitchen at the weekend! His favourites - coconut cake, lemon polenta cake and triple chocolate chunk muffins.