Profile for selina > Reviews

Content by selina

selina

Page: 1 | 2
The Price of Retribution (Mills & Boon Modern)
The Price of Retribution (Mills & Boon Modern)

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE: Spoilers, 4 Jan 2013
Ive read quite a few of books written by this authors but this one i found very difficult to finish and ended up skipping pages just to get to the end.

The beginning was ok/promising but as the story unfolds i found it unbelievable at times.
For example how the main female character managed to meet the 'hero' of the story in the beginning also how easily she got a job at his company also that she went to get revenge from this guy all based on her sisters diary despite the fact they didnt/dont get along (unless i missed something because i did skip quite a few pages)

There was no big chemistry between the lead characters which i think is pretty important in a story. I did not like this at all.

I dont usually write reviews for this romance books as they are just a bit of light hearted fun but this story well just wasnt worth my time so i needed to write a review to share my experience :)

BLACK LEATHER FLIP CASE COVER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE I9220
BLACK LEATHER FLIP CASE COVER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE I9220

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, 9 Sep 2012
I dont like this case but for the price it is understandable.

2 main problems for me:

1. the pen is sooo difficult to get out, i cant get my finger to it properly. So if for some reason i needed to get the pen out to use it would take me awhile. Not everyone would mind with this issue as but i like to use the pen.

2. also the little fastening flap is very annoying when your speaking on the phone its in the way of my ear. So I had a call and i went to pick it quickly but this silly little flap got in the way. Not a big deal but when your in a rush and the call in from someone important is little things like this that annoy me.

Not a great a purchase :(

BLACK SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE PU LEATHER WALLET CASE / COVER / POUCH
BLACK SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE PU LEATHER WALLET CASE / COVER / POUCH

3.0 out of 5 stars Not to bad, 9 Sep 2012
I purchased this item recently for my new samsung note.

However i quickly returned it.

I didnt like the gold on the case. Very picky i know but when you have to carry this around you want it to look good.

However the main reason i returned it was because of the fastening.

I thought it would be magnetic or a popper fastening but it wasnt. I dont think the fastening is secure as though it can easily open up.

The case also has pockets for Credit cards but i would not use this at all so for me the pockets were useless. If my phone was to get stolen not only do the theives get my phone but also all my cards etc.

But if you dont care about the above things its an ok case. The sides of the actual phone are protected i also received screen protectors with the case.

Enemies at the Altar (Mills & Boon Modern) (The Outrageous Sisters - Book 2)
Enemies at the Altar (Mills & Boon Modern) (The Outrageous Sisters - Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not that bad, 30 Jun 2012
the 2nd of the outrageous sister series

i did actually like the story i thought the insults may have been too much but overall the book was a good read.

based on other reviews i wasnt looking forward to reading the book and usually i dont read others reviews until i myself have read the book because if affects my own perception of the book.

Yet the book wasnt as bad as some reviews.

I didnt enjoy book 1 of the series i preferred this one.
felt the heroine was more fiesty and stood up for herself as opposed to her sister in book 1.

In Defiance of Duty (Mills & Boon Modern)
In Defiance of Duty (Mills & Boon Modern)

3.0 out of 5 stars Undecided, 30 Jun 2012
should of been better!!!

the beginning was a decent but by mid way i did lose a little interest.

the main problem is that i expected it to be better and was a little disappointed espeially as the storyline was a good one.
i couldnt really like the heroine either, i dont know why though.

but overall a ok read not really one for the bookshelf.

Abnormal Psychology
Abnormal Psychology
by Ann Kring

4.0 out of 5 stars Psyhcology Student, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: Abnormal Psychology (Paperback)
I used this book for my main essential reading/note writing/revision for my subject in abnormal and clinical psychology.

the book i would recommend!!!

there are lots of information. it covers Schizophrenia, depressive (mania and depressive), anxiety, substance abuse, eating disorders and much more.

each issue is split in the description of the disorder (DSM criteria and general info of disorder), aeitology and treatment.

It provides the biological, psychologyical, cognitive and many more views for treatment and cause of the disorders.

it also includes case studies

This was enough for my subject, i required no other readings. studies were plentiful.

For someone who likes using books for their courses this is a good one to buy.
If you require more studies google scholar was great to compliment the info from this book.

Handbook of Coaching Psychology: A Guide for Practitioners
Handbook of Coaching Psychology: A Guide for Practitioners
by Stephen Palmer
Price: 28.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Psychology student 3rd year, 19 Jun 2012
As a undergraduate psychology student this book was recommended to me as our essential reading.

the author of this book is in fact one of my lecturers and he's great. Really enjoyed this teach therefore enjoyed the book for my subjects.

BUT!!!!!!!!

i would not really suggest students buy this unless its essential.

I used 4 chapters of which only 2 were useful.

the rest of the chapters are not just not enough to intro into coahcing psychology i dont think.
For my course research support is important as such our essential reading books should really provide this.

This book did not. i had to research this on the internet.
I know students shouldnt be lazy but coaching psychology is a new area so it does not have much information around compared to clinical and cogative psychology for example. Thats why i expected the book to have this information enough to get started with anyway.

I regret buying this book!!! the internet, google scholar were soo much better.

that is my own personal opinion which was also supported by my fellow student friends who also struggled with the book.

i would advise researching this book and other sources before buying!!!!

Marriage of Mercy (Mills & Boon Historical)
Marriage of Mercy (Mills & Boon Historical)
by Carla Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 19 Jun 2012
this is a pretty new author for me...

having only read 1 previous book by Carla Kelly im not too sure whether i would return.

This book was ok...thats it i dont think it was anything special and i certainly wouldnt buy it.

Its ok on a rainy day but i have read much better books.

the storyline could have been sooooo and i emphasise the soooo much better.

I also thought it was a marriage of convenience story as suggested by the blurb but it wasnt which put me off a little from the book.

overall an ok read.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2012 3:50 PM GMT

A Star to Steer by
A Star to Steer by
by Maggie Craig

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story and Great Author, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: A Star to Steer by (Paperback)
This book is one of my favourites books.

The story line is great and i love the fact that it was based in scotland.

I would definately recommend the book to others.

One issue i do have is the ending...would have like it to be a little longer and a bit more information.

For me the ending seemed to be too quick but this is just a minor issue.

Read it.

Pit Bank Wench (Coronet Books)
Pit Bank Wench (Coronet Books)
by Meg Hutchinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 19 Jun 2012
I really enjoyed this book.

I am not to sure why though, one particular part of the story line and ending would usually put me off liking such a book.

Once you read the book you would understand as i dont want to spoil the storyline.

Nonetheless, i did enjoy the book so much so that i purchased it and now it sits nicely on my bookself.

Definately recommend the book and the author.
Love all her books especially the earlier ones.

Meg Hutchinson tends to target topics/issues in a unique way.

Page: 1 | 2