1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Wow. I've used a lot of boxes but this is good!, 20 Jan 2012
This box is a really really good little freeview + box.
Make sure you e.g. go and buy yourself a HDMI cable before it arrives though. And for me, refurbished, there were no batteries in the remote so a couple of AAA batteries to hand is useful.
It is so easy to use. Turned it on, it asked to do a scan, I let it, the channels popped up, and I was watching TV!
Good things I like:
* Looks cool. Red circle when off, ice blue when on.
* The PIP is great (picture in picture)
* Soooo easy to set up recordings, off the planner and manually. And I love the series function. I also love the way it suggests alternative recording dates, especially if things clash.
* It seemed somehow to improve my reception.
* It's very quiet when recording.
* It's light.
* Doesn't use much power.
* It's great it has a twin tuner.
* You can whilst you are recording, press guide to record something else without stopping.
* You can record tonnes with a 500GB drive (like 263 hours or something crazy)
* The planner (guide / EPG) is very easy to navigate and understand.
Things I don't like:
* Er... NOTHING! Great value, especially if you get one refurbished.