Profile for Joel Hodder > Reviews

TINY USB 2.0 WIRELESS BLUETOOTH ADAPTER DONGLE
TINY USB 2.0 WIRELESS BLUETOOTH ADAPTER DONGLE
Offered by UKONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, cheap, brilliant!, 14 Jun. 2009
For £2.90 including postage this was an absolute bargain. I plugged it into my XP Acer Aspire One netbook and it was instantly noticed (same for my XP desktop downstairs). I was able to easily pair my mobile (Sony Ericsson) and transfer a few pictures from PC to phone and phone to PC. I was also able to instantly use my phone as a remote control! When I moved the arrows (D-Pad) on my phone, it move the cursor on my netbook, and the left and right clicks worked aswell! This is brilliant for presentations etc. I even played GTA: Vice City with the remote! However, the best bit was that I was instantly able to wirelessly tether my mobile to my netbook. I can now share my phone's internet connection with my netbook when I'm out of range of my wi-fi without having to install any awful, complicated Sony Ericsson drivers

Delivered in about 4 days from ordering, this is a brilliant piece of kit. The rounded semi-circular design is without a doubt the best because it makes it seem even smaller and reduces any risk of it getting caught and pulled out. However, on my Aspire One, it does still stick out my about 9mm, but the benefits far outweigh this 9mm!

It looks a bit tacky in the photograph, but when you receive it, it feels quite a lot nicer. It'll probably remain hidden inside a USB port on your PC anyway, so you won't even notice it's presence. I would highly recommend this over any other mini bluetooth dongle available on Amazon. It is cheaper, and it also supports A2DP bluetooth stereo headsets, so you can listen to music from your PC via bluetooth, whereas some of the more expensive dongles don't have this feature.

I would definitely recommend this dongle, and if you don't like it you can return it or throw it away for £2.90!

JoelHodder