Profile for Fiona Thompson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mega Bloks Build'n Play Workbench
Mega Bloks Build'n Play Workbench

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 16 April 2014
This was a present from father Xmas 2 years ago and my children aged 3 and 5 are still using them now. The box it comes in is an excellent size, you can add more blocks to it.
They never really used it as a workbench, I think I set it up for them once when it was opened, but they never asked for it again and have never done it themselves. They still love the tools and the screws though, especially my 3yo boy.

Emma Bridgewater - Doll's Tea Set/Service - Polka Dots
Emma Bridgewater - Doll's Tea Set/Service - Polka Dots
Offered by Crown Supplies
Price: 28.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tea set and looks great too!, 16 April 2014
We have had this for a couple of years now and one cup has broken, but it was dropped on the kitchen floor. So apart from that, these still look perfect and a bit of glue fixed the broken cup. Just don't let them play with it in the kitchen!

LOVE MY CASE / Pink PU Leather Wallet case with Magnetic Detachable Hard Cover For Apple iPhone 5c with Love My Case Cloth
Offered by Love My Case Ltd
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, 16 April 2014
Great case. I love that the phone can be removed and the magnet is strong enough.
The leather on the back is slightly raised, but this doesn't bother me. Still looks perfect and I have had it for a couple of months now.

Klastor NEW Pink Rugged Girls Kids Android 4.1 Tablet PC 4gb WiFi - ideal christmas or birthday gift with Kid Market and parental Controls - Google Play store can be password protected (Pink 4gb)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, daughter loves it. Still works perfectly 4 months later. Brilliant!, 16 April 2014
We bought this for my 5 year old daughter for Xmas and we are very pleased with it. We purchased a 32gb memory stick to go with it as thought the 8gb would run out very quickly with photos being taken etc. we also bought a Beneve rubber case for the tablet, which was exactly the same colour and fit perfectly.
I downloaded lots of child friendly apps before we have it to her and there are so many games to choose from on the google App Store that are free (we only download free apps).
The kid desktop is lovely looking and easy for the child to navigate around. I wish there was a kid desktop for my iPad!
When our daughter opened it she was so happy! It is the pink one so can't really go wrong with pink being her favourite colour. She was able to use it very easily. She wanted a pin code for her to unlock it herself, this was easy to set up for her.
If you want to turn the kid desktop off to use yourself to surf the web watch YouTube etc, this is very easy to do with a pin code or a multiplication question, you get to set his up within the kid desktop parent settings.

Pros:
Cute kid desktop, which they can change the look of themselves
The child can download kid friendly apps themself, within a safe App Store built for kids
There are so many android apps to download for free to keep them busy
Excellent for long car journeys
Lovely colour and feel
Great price for what you get (bought for 39.99)
Daughter still loves it 4 months later!
Downloaded Cartoon HD and my daughter can watch all the films on there

Cons:
It is a little slow, but I am comparing it to an iPad.
The camera is supposedly 1mp, but it is not very good. This has not bothered my daughter at all though.

Little Tikes Union Jack Cozy Coupe Ride-on
Little Tikes Union Jack Cozy Coupe Ride-on
Price: 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loves it!, 19 Oct 2013
We have had this for quite some time now and it is normally kept in the house, so there is no fading or filling up with water that I have seen with my sons friends ones.
This is the best present we could have ever bought our car mad son! He is in it every day, driving around the house or the garden. He has had it for over a year and it is like he got it yesterday, he loves it just as much.
If you are thinking about getting one just do it! Your child will love it, how could they not?
Takes a bit of home assembly and some of it can be a bit tough, especially if you are a weak mum like me. But I still managed to do it by myself. It has good instructions and tells you the tools you will need, like a hammer!

Animal Zoo Kids Toddler Backpack Rucksacks Various Designs - Owl
Animal Zoo Kids Toddler Backpack Rucksacks Various Designs - Owl

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a real Skip Hop bag!, 19 Oct 2013
Although it looks very similar and the labels all say Skip Hop, this is not a genuine article! We have the skip hop lunch bag and wanted to buy the matching backpack. I should have know this wasn't genuine because of the price!
It is still a nice backpack, if you don't mind that it is not genuine. The quality seems ok, just not as good as a Skip Hop.
I was able to return it and get a full refund and I have now got the genuine backpack.

LEICKE Hebron 6 in 1 iPad HDMI Camera Connection Kit | iPad Camera Connection Kit 6 in 1 with HDMI Connection | GENUINE CERTIFIED CHIP + SUPPORTS iOS 6 & BELOW/HIGHER
Offered by Leicke Distributor Germany
Price: 25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad connection kit, 19 Oct 2013
This kit is brilliant! I can connect my iPad to our tv in our bedroom and watch all our movies that I have downloaded from iTunes. You can also watch you tube. Sadly not lovefilm, but this is not the fault of this kit, the fault would be with lovefilm. Maybe one day!
Would definitely recommend this for looking at photos and videos on your TV if you don't have an Apple TV (which we don't). It comes with all the cables you will need to hook it up to the TV and you can also insert an SD card to download your photos from your camera onto your iPad or iPhone.

Command Picture Mounting Strips 6 Medium Strips with Strong Hold 2 Strips hold 1.4 kgs
Offered by Homecare Essentials Limited
Price: 5.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Endless uses!, 19 Oct 2013
I use these all the time now, for mounting pictures, iPad mount, the sky router, you name it. They fit together a bit like Velcro, but they make a nice reassuring click so you know they are together. Make sure you follow the instructions, you don't want something precious falling on the floor.
It tells you on the box how much weight they can take and you can use one, two or three strips depending on the weight of the item you want to hang. Such a brilliant idea instead of nails or picture hooks, which look so untidy when you try to take them out. They are easy to take off the wall and your item too and leave no mess! Perfect!

Dockem: Damage-Free Smartphone and Tablet Wall Mount (iPhone, iPad, Droid Razr, Android phones, Samsung Galaxy phones, HTC Flyer, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Playbook, HP Touchpad, NATPC, A1CS, Acer Iconia)
Offered by Dockem EU
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant!, 19 Oct 2013
I have to tell you how to make these little bits of plastic excellent value for money!
Firstly, buy the wall mount and then buy a pack of Command Picture Mounting Strips, Strong Hold. Total cost, just over a tenner! Don't use the command strips that come with the mount. Although they are excellent and hold very strongly, you will only be able to use this in one place.
I have these Velcro type command strips all over the house now, so that I can mount my ipad wherever I need to! I have a pair at the end of my daughters bed for watching the iPad on 'movie night', a pair on the kitchen wall, so I can watch the free telly app in the kitchen whilst cooking. I have them on the wall in my craft room so that I can watch you tube tutorials! I have been using them for months and not once have they fallen off the wall and even more importantly, my iPad has never fallen on the floor. Be sure you follow the instructions for placing the command strips, you don't want your iPad to fall on the floor. Also I wouldn't recommend putting these on a wall where there is a hard floor underneath, just in case. I have a pair on the kitchen wall above the worktop.

Rug safe carpet gripper for carpet floors 60 x 90cm
Rug safe carpet gripper for carpet floors 60 x 90cm
Offered by Discount Deals Only
Price: 2.66

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is brilliant!, 19 Oct 2013
Keeps the rug in place on the carpet! We bought it for our door mat, which was always moving all over the place and sometimes ended up in the downstairs toilet (which is right next door). It doesn't stop it for moving completely, but now it hardly moves and we just need to reposition it to make it look tidy, every few days.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3