Profile for Makemilesmatter > Reviews

Henny and His Extraordinary Rollerblades
by Leslie J Rieser
Price: 5.77

2.0 out of 5 stars lacks editorial control, 16 April 2014
We bought this for our 7yr old boy to go with roller blades, purely on the basis of the title.
Could I say up front he LOVED it, totally sucked in by the story and the message.

However, some of the English was incorrect, and some of the language used not really "normal" for kids.
The storyline was OK, it had a good message. but drug laced tattoos, suicide islands, radiation - hardly bed time story material for children.
This appears to be a self published book by a non-english author - with some editorial input the english would have been improved and the content modified. A much better first attempt than I cold have done.

Cheatwell Games Plop Trumps
Cheatwell Games Plop Trumps
Price: 5.17

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift for 8 yrs olds (and those of us mentally 8), 16 April 2014
This review is from: Cheatwell Games Plop Trumps (Toy)
Educational and entertaining.
We've had Spongebob, star wars and many other Trumps, but these TRUMP them all!!
Our 8yr old really loved them, and did his 41yr old dad.

Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Micronutrients Ltd.
Price: 259.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. A clean house. Finally., 16 April 2014
We have a dog which perpetually sheds and a baby. an awful combination. This machine has been revolutionary. No more dust bunnies. Less dog hair in the washing machine.
Whilst the wife used to be the main brusher she still is, but I do do it more often, and this machine makes it easier for me to do upstairs and the stairs (apparently MY job).
The car is spotless (occasionally). Even our 8 yr old uses it to do his room, and he loves seeing the dirt that comes up each week.
And the mother-in-law was so impressed she bought one too.
Hangs behind the utility door charging brilliantly.
Yes, it is expensive. I'ev never had a cheaper one, but so far this has been a great purchase, worth very penny.

Airace Infinity Sport Floor Steel Bike Pump - Orange, 160PSI 1191g
Airace Infinity Sport Floor Steel Bike Pump - Orange, 160PSI 1191g
Price: 21.32

4.0 out of 5 stars a technological leap for me, 16 April 2014
Previous pumps have been hand pumps or foot pumps, so this is a revoultion in my pnematicism. As other reviewers have complained, the head is bulk for small tyres such as on a pram. I resolved this by buying a cranked extended, and then by buying a pram without inflatable tyres. Can;t comment on durablity, as I've not had it a whole season yet.

The Belfast Urban Motorway: Engineering, Ambition and Social Conflict
The Belfast Urban Motorway: Engineering, Ambition and Social Conflict
by Wesley Johnston
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful history of our roads, 16 April 2014
If you are as sad as me and live in Belfast you will love this book. So probably a small readership!

2.5 Litre Portable Stainless Steel Whistling Kettle GRAPHITE Camping Fishing hob
Offered by One Click Wonder
Price: 9.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but is not idiot proof, 16 April 2014
This was our first gas hob cooker. Much cheaper than replacing an electric kettle.
However, the plastic melted after 3 months - not the designers fault, but the users.
We are replacing it, not exactly like with like - the graphite finish rubbed off when being cleaned, so we are going for a stainless stell kettle this time

Wilde Winter Songbook
Wilde Winter Songbook
Price: 5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars All cloud, no winterwinderland, 18 Dec 2013
I am sure this album is fantastic, but Amazon Cloud is not.
Usually my purchased downloads easily migrate to itunes. this time Cloud Player wants to do the work, and seems to be failing to find the internet. How can Amazon find the internet to get my credit card information, but loose it to deliver my goods? I can email for help, and they will get back to me in 12 hours. by that time I could have walked to Tesco, bought the album and ripped it. Not good enough Amazon.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2014 3:55 PM GMT