Profile for Mr. A. Michaelides > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Michaelides

Mr. A. Michaelides "PrinceHeart" (London, England)

GEM Camera Case for Samsung WB250F, WB800F
GEM Camera Case for Samsung WB250F, WB800F
Offered by GEM Bags & Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars GEM Compact Protective Camera Case, 24 Dec. 2013
I needed a camera case for my new Samsung WB250F camera to ensure it's protected when in transit. This case certainly lives up to the job with the camera contained within a padded pouch and an additional pocket to carry any bits and bobs you want to take with it too, it has a miniature rucksack feel to it. The camera also has a little room to move as opposed to being tightly packed in. Lightweight and durable, what more could you want?

GU10 80 LED Cluster LED 4.5W COOL WHITE! LOW Power - Energy Saving LED Light bulb, LED Spotlight, Standard Size and High Quality LED Light

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, with emphasis on the word 'almost', 9 Mar. 2012
I needed 4 of these to replace an energy-hungry 4-strip of halogens in my living room. No longer wanting to spend a small fortune on 200w (4x50w) of Halogen lights I opted for these LED's to replace them. They're bright, and almost exactly what I wanted, however I would say that they aren't quite "50w equivalent" - more like 40w equivalent would be my own assessment.
Eventhough, they're still quite good and energy-saving, especially now I know my 4-strip is using 18w in total (compared to the previous 200w!).
Like another reviewer noted, if you're actually looking for "50w equivalents" then maybe looking at a minimum of 6w or 7w is what you should be aiming for. But if you're just looking for a reasonably well lit room then these will do the job. If like me you have a 4-strip (or more), then they should be sufficient to light up a room and save you money on your electricity bill.

Rentokil Advanced Mouse Trap Twin Pack
Rentokil Advanced Mouse Trap Twin Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the killer trap I imagined!, 9 Feb. 2011
Thought I would give these traps a go, as having tried a couple of humane ones I hadn't caught any mice over a 4 week period.
So, I bought 2 of them and once received, I baited and set them and then waited.... and waited.... and waited.... only to catch nothing. The mice are still roaming around so I got specific in where I placed the trap (against walls, behind cabinets, etc.. which they normally run against), but to no avail, I've caught nothing with them!
In terms of the bait, I've tried different types... chocolate, peanut butter, fried chicken, cheese and even gammon! What's worse is that the mice realize there is bait there and simply take it without the traps being triggered! Maybe I've got an infestation of super-mice... but I do know one thing, these traps don't work and the only 'Advanced' thing about them is their terminator looking appearance. A Big let down and no different than an ordinary wooden hit-and-miss mouse trap. Avoid!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2011 6:29 PM GMT

Samsung UE40C6510 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz Slim AllShare LED Internet TV with Freeview HD

5.0 out of 5 stars A little piece of the future in your home now!, 8 Feb. 2011
Like a number of other reviewers, I did a lot of research into 'which' new TV to buy and why. Samsung wasn't at the top of my list originally, but it definitely is now, especially with the multitude of features that come with the UE40C6510 model. I had my reservations about getting a TV with a white frame surround (mostly because the majority of TV's come with either a black/brown/silver frame these days and that's what we're used to), but this one - with a white-wood effect running through it, truly looks aesthetically amazing, futuristic, and contrasts fantastically with its background, especially if you have white/light walls and a white TV stand (like I do).

It didn't take very long to set up out of the box. I had it up and running inside of 5 mins after guiding through the easy-to-follow setup process. Some reviewers have complained about the 'soap opera' effect you get with these types of LED TV's, but it's simply a case of turning 'off' the 'Motion Plus' feature found in the 'picture settings', and/or tweaking further picture settings to your own desired requirements. You can also update the TV 'firmware' by simply downloading the latest version from the Samsung website and using a USB portable flash drive to install it.

To get the DLNA (PC Network) feature working I simply ran an RJ45 cable from the TV LAN socket to my Ethernet router (no need to buy the wireless Samsung dongle, which is a waste of money) and also installed Samsung's 'PC Share Manager' (which can be downloaded from the net) onto my PC - this allows you to 'share' specific folders/locations from your PC to the TV via the 'Media' button on the remote (just remember to 'grant' access through your firewall/antivirus software on initial setup on the PC).

The UE40C6510 allows you to have limited 'surfing' of the internet and it comes pre-loaded with apps like: YouTube, BBC iPlayer, Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps (to name a few), etc... which are 'customized' TV versions (not to everybody's taste I hasten to add!). I do feel however that Samsung should include more, as items like '4oD', 'ITV Player' and 'Five-On-Demand' are not included.

In addition to the DLNA setup, I have also added a '1 Tb External Hard-Drive' directly connecting to one of the TV's 2 USB ports and been able to view all kinds of video (AVI, DivX, etc.. including subtitle files!) and picture files through the TV (you can use a USB flash drive if you prefer though). The only thing to be aware of is that some video files are sharper than others but this is more to do with the downloaded files themselves rather than the TV. With the external HD added I now have hundreds of easily viewable files at my fingertips in an instant. Something to note though is that you can 'fast forward' through video files on an external HD (via the USB port) but you can't via the DLNA setup (a bit irritating if only a minor point). The TV however, is intelligent enough to have a 'resume' feature if you have only partially watched a video file before.

There are no scart sockets on this TV, but it does come with a scart converter lead that will allow you to connect one scart orientated piece of hardware (I've connected my faithful Philips DVD/DivX player using it), and there are also 4 HDMI slots for you to use for other pieces of hardware (Bluray player, PS3, Xbox, etc..).

Now to the most important feature... the actual TV picture. On this LED TV the HD picture is sharp (though I've noticed it's dependent on the signal transmission as not 'everything' is filmed in HD to begin with at present). The Freeview HD channels are a bit limited in that there aren't enough of them at present, but they're a pleasure to watch with rich detailed lively colours and an unbelievable sharpness at full 1080p 100Hz you just don't get with standard LCD TV's.

The 'backlight' issue that's been mentioned relating to the Samsung 6 Series will not decrease your viewing pleasure and 99% of us will notice nothing different or have our enjoyment of this TV spoilt.

Basically, in conclusion I would sum up that this is an amazing TV and will be a talking point in anyone's home. The picture clarity is fantastic, the sound quality quite good (for the onboard speakers - compared to some other brands), and it's additional features put it almost in a class of it's own! You will be hard pressed to find a better quality TV that is capable of doing so much in one package. I saw this TV in a retail 'showroom' but researched it tirelessly online and eventually purchased it through Amazon, a good £175 cheaper than the shop price I had seen it for. If you buy this TV you won't be disappointed. This is the best TV I've seen at this price range and it's only around 3cm thick too!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2011 5:40 PM GMT

Kingston DataTraveler 100 16GB USB Flash Drive (Black)
Kingston DataTraveler 100 16GB USB Flash Drive (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable Quality USB Drive, 19 Nov. 2010
I've owned this Kingston USB drive for 2 years now and it's going as strong as when I first used it. Having transferred thousands of file to and from it, it hasn't let me down.

Yes, the transfer rate may not be as fast as some other pens, but it is very reliable and can handle large files over 1GB easily.

I've carried it around in my rucksack and jeans and taken it almost everywhere I've gone (including abroad) and it always works. I have not lost any data on it in the time I've been using it.

It's 16GB capacity has always been more than enough for my needs. The capless side-slider is good enough to protect the metal USB connector when you're in transit with it. The pen itself is made of black plastic, but it is quite hard wearing, so don't let that put you off.

A great buy if your looking for a large capacity USB drive.

Verbatim 43533 DVD-R 4.7GB 16x Printable 50 Pack Spindle
Verbatim 43533 DVD-R 4.7GB 16x Printable 50 Pack Spindle
Offered by Blank-Discs-Com SuperSaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable quality that doesn't fail you., 19 Nov. 2010
Have burned my way easily through 50 of these Verbatim DVD-R discs and didn't have one single failure along the way either. Verbatim are renowned and extremely reliable. Considering I tend to fill my disks to around 90% on average you would have thought the odd failure may appear... but nope, they've all burned perfectly and haven't let me down. If you're looking for a 'branded' blank DVD-R disc that IS reliable and cost effective, then go for these... you shouldn't be disappointed with them.

Philips DVP5960 - Multi-Region Capable DVD Player With HDMI And Upscaling To 1080i - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Plays Almost Everything You Throw At It!, 17 Nov. 2010
I've owned the DVP5960 for 3 years now and it's still going extremely well - originally bought from Amazon. If however, you buy it new it's best to follow the simple instructions to make it 'multi-region' (as noted by some other reviewers with the easy-to-follow instructions).
I use this player to play my DivX discs and have played hundreds of files on it, from hundreds of DVD-R/DVD+R discs(from TV series to movies), it plays almost everything I've thrown at it - but there are a couple of AVI files it has struggled with (either due to resolution of the file or codec required to play it), that said though, it's played over 99% of video burned DVD DivX files (from my PC) that I've thrown at it. Even the USB on the front has been great, though be aware it will only read FAT32 formatted USB pens (so don't use NTFS for it!). Occasionally you may get a bit of 'slow down' when a video file is playing via the USB slot, but this is usually because of the limitations of FAT32. The only real complaint I have relates to the Philips remote control which is just not sensitive enough - you almost have to stand right infront of the player inorder to get it to work via the remote - something I think Philips should work on improving.
Overall, I recommend this DivX player but can't comment on the HDMI side of things (as I don't use it myself). I've also played MP3, jpeg and normal DVD's through it so it's been good for my general universal everyday use, especially for playing multiple episode/movie discs.

Breville VTT236 Silver 4 Slice Toaster
Breville VTT236 Silver 4 Slice Toaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Excellent Toasts!, 17 Nov. 2010
I chose this particular toaster as Breville are well known for 'toasting' products. I needed a toaster that could handle taller slices of bread and oval shaped pitta breads, therefore a four-slice fitted my requirements. It makes toasts quite quickly and browns bread fairly evenly, I've even sliced my own bread and it handled that quite well too. This particular model is reasonably priced and overall I'm very happy with it, though I have to say, setting it on '2' is usually enough for normal sliced bread toasting. If you don't mind placing your taller slices of bread on their sides in the slots, then you can't really go wrong with this toaster. The only negative to report is the colour, as it seems to be advertised as being 'silver' but it's actually a 'grey' colour, but all in all (with exterior colour aside) it does what it's suppose to do... toast!

Samsung Black DVD-+RW SH-S202J/BEBN Dual Layer 8.5GB Optical Drive
Samsung Black DVD-+RW SH-S202J/BEBN Dual Layer 8.5GB Optical Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic Good Value Drive which does exactly as expected!, 7 July 2009
I replaced my faulty factory-fitted internal LG DVD re-writable drive (which developed a fault after 250 disc burns) with this Samsung model. Very easy to install and Windows XP recognised it easily. Within a few minutes I was burning DVD/CD's again! Extremely fast burner, though a little noisy. This was the ideal replacement for my Dell Desktop PC, and quick to burn onto DVD media. Just be aware that there is no 'audio out' both at the rear or front of the drive, but if all you are going to do is burn discs then it's ideal. Highly Recommended! Additional Note: Did not come with any additional cables or software, just the basic drive, which was good enough anyway.