Profile for Jamielee > Reviews

Content by Jamielee

Jamielee

Page: 1 | 2
Fashionably Dead (Hot Damned Series, Book 1)
Fashionably Dead (Hot Damned Series, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny, vampires and hot men.....what's not to like?, 19 Nov. 2014
Great read. Funny, good characters, strong story with enough intrigue to keep you reading. I laughed out loud a few times with this book and since it's free you really can't go wrong. Just bought book 3 of the series and still enjoying them very much.

Graveyard Shift (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. Book 1)
Graveyard Shift (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Stick with it. Book 1 is the weakest of the series., 4 Nov. 2014
I liked this book....enough to buy the nest one.... and I'm glad I did because they get better as they go along the series. Just finished book 4 and really enjoying the series.

PetSafe Busy Buddy Squirrel Dude - Medium
PetSafe Busy Buddy Squirrel Dude - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy food-play for ages., 18 Mar. 2014
My 16wk puppy loves this. Unlike the Kong, it's got wee rubber bits that stop all the kibble just falling straight out. She's worked out she has to pick it up and drop it or nose it along to get the kibble out. Only takes small kibble but I buy puppy kibble just for this toy as it's a treat from her regular food. Keeps her going for ages.

Take Two (A psychological thriller)
Take Two (A psychological thriller)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Spider Shepherd standard., 22 Feb. 2013
Having read all the Spider Shepherd books and loved them, I was pretty disappointed by Take Two.
I really rate Stephen Leather as an Author but this book felt rushed and shallow. The characters lacked depth and were not particularly likeable and the plot was obvious. I struggled to get into the story and then felt I should keep going purely because I normally like Leather's writing.
Not for me this one!

The Fallen Star
The Fallen Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it...bought the rest of the series., 21 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Fallen Star (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. Having just finished the Connie Suttle BLood Destiny series I was looking for something else to fill the fantasy gap and this book did just that. Good characters, good plot with plenty of intrigue, hints of romance and a few good twists. Having read the first one (which was free...even better) I then bought the next 4 books. Having just finished book 4 (so only book 5 to go) I'm still not disappointed in any way.
Definitely worth purchasing.

Shadowed (Legend of the Ir'Indicti Book 2)
Shadowed (Legend of the Ir'Indicti Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 17 Jan. 2013
I loved this book as much as the first. I did find some of the actions of the older father figures a bit off and perhaps they could have been explained better so the reader can understand why they're acting that way. Then again people often act strangely and we don't always understand the motives even with explanation so I let it go and got on with enjoying the complexities of the story.
A great book that kept me hooked on the series. On to number 3!!

Bumble (Legend of the Ir'Indicti Book 1)
Bumble (Legend of the Ir'Indicti Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 17 Jan. 2013
Having loved every single Blood Destiny book I wasn't sure about reading these as they're sometimes reviewed as "teen" lit and I'm 40yrs. But I love them. The characters are great, the relationships between characters are mature and realistic, the story is driven along nicely. Can't wait to get to the next one.

A Hidden Fire: Elemental Mysteries Book One
A Hidden Fire: Elemental Mysteries Book One

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 3 Sept. 2012
I loved this book. For a free Kindle book it's first class.
I found myself limiting my reading because I didn't want it to end! Then I realised there are more in the series so I'm off to purchase them.
Great story telling, Believable vampires, great characters with a strong (but normal) leading lady who's easy to like and a very compelling love interest in the alluring Giovanni.
Can't wait to start book 2 in the series.

The Broken Pieces (The Paladins Book 4)
The Broken Pieces (The Paladins Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Only downside was the end :-(, 25 Aug. 2012
I really enjoyed this 4th book in the series. As usual I couldn't put it down. Great characters and plenty twisting of the story. If you're already a Paladins fan then buy it, If you're not then buy all four!
I liked the first Paladins book but felt it was too short and a little unresolved. Since then I've felt the books have progressed as the Author's writing skill has progresed.
I'm really hoping there's still room for a 5th Paladins book (Mr Dalglish ????)

Waking Lazarus
Waking Lazarus

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive page turner., 14 July 2012
This review is from: Waking Lazarus (Kindle Edition)
Thouroughly enjoyed this book. Great story right from the start. I'm not religious but it didn't matter because the charcters are so good and the story so well written that I was hooked regardless of wether I believed or not.
Good solid twist that I didn't see coming even when it was right there on the page.

Page: 1 | 2