Profile for Alan G > Reviews

Content by Alan G

Alan G (scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fruit of the Loom Men's Underwear Classic Slip - 3-Pack - Black Stripe - X-Large
Offered by 247Clix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the purpose!, 9 May 2016
While I have come across Fruit of the Loom tops before, I had not realised they made underwear. Knowing their quality for tops I decided to buy a pack of 3 and so far I am not disappointed. A very comfortable fit, with sufficient ballroom, if you'll pardon the expression. There does not seem to be a huge amount of stretch in the elastic in the waist, but as they fit perfectly I have no complaint. As with all these things, the quality will become apparent with wearing and washing.. Should anything negative arise in the future, I will add to this review.

The Slipper Company - Mens Striped Full Slipper in Burgundy - Size 10 - Red
The Slipper Company - Mens Striped Full Slipper in Burgundy - Size 10 - Red
Offered by Shoe Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy!, 24 Jan. 2016
I had previously purchased a pair of slippers, which were hopeless - insoles not sticking properly etc. This pair on the other hand was getting good reviews and I took the chance of buying 2 pairs - and what a good decision! I've only been wearing them (one pair!) for a week or two, but they fit well, look good (not particularly important) and how long they last - well time will tell. Couldn't believe how cheap they were and yet the quality is there.

Staedtler 120-0 Noris Pencils 2B (Box of 12)
Staedtler 120-0 Noris Pencils 2B (Box of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 26 Nov. 2015
Not much you can say about pencils - however this is the second box of Staedler 2Bs I have bought so take that as an endorsement!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well when blade eventually in place!, 26 Nov. 2015
I lost my original Stanley knife some time ago - it was bought in the 70s. This one works on the same basic principle, but I found it quite awkward to assemble, unlike my original which just fell together. With this one I started to look to see if I was doing something wrong. However once done it works fine - comes with 3 blades as per description. One star deducted for the awkwardness - some people might find it quite tricky.

New Ladies Belted Flared Skater Plain Mini Skirt Dress Womens Size 8-14 (14, Wine)
Offered by Fashion High Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but........, 26 Nov. 2015
This arrived promptly. Lovely material, and though it LOOKS lightweight, it is not. Colour is a rich wine. However the waist is just too tight - my wife thinks the garment sizing is reasonably accurate and it was wishful thinking going for a 14 (her normal bottom half size). Fitting round her hips is perfect. Very inexpensive so a return is not worth the hassle - a friend or charity shop will benefit.

The Barbed-Wire University: The Real Lives of Prisoners of War in the Second World War

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but fairly heavy going, 15 Nov. 2015
A friend whose father had been in a Japanese POW Camp loaned me this book, and as I have a fairly deep interest in WW2 I was looking forward to reading it. Firstly I must say that Midge Gillies obviously spent a long time researching, interviewing, and collecting so many stories and anecdotes, and she is to be complimented on that. However despite the 6 sections of the book (2 Europe, 2 Far East, 1 Freedom, 1 ex-POWs) there is a lot of repetition of little stories, or possibly what appears to be repetition, as obviously there were many similar circumstances during the period. It deals mainly with British POWs although there is the occasional mention of other nationalities, but not much. What I had not realised until I read this book, was the extent of study that took place, often to relatively high standards. There appeared to be no mention of dance - in such an environment that is maybe not a surprise, but I know that there were many Scots (and no doubt other nationalities) who had country dancing and the 'Reel of the 51st Highland Division' was devised in a POW camp.
The medical situation in the Far East and the fact that POWs performed surgery was quite an eye-opener - there were many great achievements made in many fields by the internees.
I found the book a struggle to read - I tend to start reading and keep going as far as possible each evening. However I found myself having to concentrate to read a chapter, or occasionally 2 each night. I am glad I read it, but at the same time was relieved to have finished it.

Fairy Clean and Fresh Dishwashing Tablets - Citrus Grove, Pack of 3 (216 Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works so well!, 26 Sept. 2015
These work VERY well - no complaints, We are in a VERY soft water area, and I don't know if that is a consideration. Because you don't unwrap the tablet, the tablet wrapper is obviously susceptible to being damaged if it gets wet. The bag therefore should be kept sealed (slider at the top) a minor inconvenience, but an excellent product.

Mens Grafters Uniform Black Leather Air Cushioned Sole Work Shoes Heat Oil Petrol Resistant Soles Size 11
Offered by Shoesbyclaire

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing!, 26 Sept. 2015
A bit disappointed in these shoes - I have had 2 pairs of Doc Martens - the first lasting many many years, the last (Chinese) only about 3 years. I decided to try these as an alternative, but although they fit well (11) and appear well enough made, there are a few negatives. The air-cushioning is barely noticeable, the insole is a little rough when it normally smooth, and therefore not as comfortable, and one of the laces is faulty! Appearance-wise they are quite matt. My Doc Martens had that slightly polished look which to my mind makes shoes slightly smarter, but this of course is personal preference. As regards how long they last, I will update as necessary!

Silver Tone Slanted Flat Tip Metal Hair Eyebrow Tweezer Tool for Lady
Silver Tone Slanted Flat Tip Metal Hair Eyebrow Tweezer Tool for Lady
Offered by GONO

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - and cheap!, 26 Sept. 2015
Not much you can say about a pair of tweezers! The edges are very precise and it can therefore do the job well. There is a little plastic sleeve to hold the points together - more useful that you would imagine.

Elite99 Women Spoon Neck 3/4 Sleeve Lace Dress Belt Include 4 COLORS UK Size 6-16 (16, Blue)
Offered by Bailun Best Sell

5.0 out of 5 stars A best buy!, 26 Sept. 2015
My wife loves this - the blue colour is JUST right - and she doesn't wear blue! She is a 16 and it fitted well and the length is just above the knee (5'4"). When she walks, it swings beautifully and the material fells good (she says!). For the money it was one of her best buys ever!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2016 7:15 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20