Profile for Mr Black > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Belkin 1m Thunderbolt Data Transfer Cable - Black
Belkin 1m Thunderbolt Data Transfer Cable - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Top quality Thunderbolt Cable, 19 Oct 2014
This cable is 1 metre from top to bottom and is beter value for the money compared to the official 0.5 metre Apple cable. I am using these cables with a Macbook Pro 2013 Retina connected to my LG 21:9 UltraWide 34UM95 monitor, which runs at a full 60hz with no signal degradation or any other issues.
This also powers my thunderbolt ssd drive with no issue.
So if you are in need of a longer cable which is inexpensive (compared to other thunderbolt cables) get this instead of the Official Apple one.

Yoohoo & Friends Meerkat 7inch
Yoohoo & Friends Meerkat 7inch
Offered by Papillon Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Invasion of Yoohoo & Friends, 31 May 2014
Got this for the girlfriend. Cute cuddly toy, the collection of Yoohoo & Friends toys are slowly taking over the bedroom. So at least thats a four star product from her at least.

Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X 11 (English, French, Italian, Spanish, German versions)
Offered by Paragon Software

3.0 out of 5 stars Paragon, 31 May 2014
Purchased this for my Macbook running Mavericks to edit and delete files on my ntfs drives. Expensive for somthing so basic, but essential for people like me who use other windows machines.

Crucial ram memory 8GB kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800,1600MHz for 2012 Apple Macbook Pro's, iMac's and 2011 / 2012 Mac mini's
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Crucial ram, 31 May 2014
I'm using this with a Mac Mini 2012. Ram was easy to install just turn the bottom panel (no tools needed) and unclip and remove the ram from the slots and put in the new ones.
The crucial ram comes labelled with use for Mac on the package. I installed this to run a virtual machine on a mac via parallels desktop.
If you are running several virtual machines go for 16gb of ram instead.
A highly recommended upgrade. Make sure you get yours now.

MINI STEM BAY TREE- Superb Birthday Plant & Flower Gifts For Mum,Mom,Women,Her,Grandma,Granny
Offered by Giftaplant

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Tree, 31 May 2014
I bought this for my mum who was very happy with it. It was delivered in a well packaged vertical box with roots in a bag. The tree was in good condition with healthy new foliage.
I would definitely recommend purchasing this.

(USB 3.0 7-Port + 2 Charging Port + 1 OTG Port)UtechSmart USB 3.0 10-Port Multi-Function Hub - 7 USB 3.0 ports, 2 smart charge-only port(5V/2A) for iPad/iPhone/SAMSUNG/HTC Smartphone/Tablet and 1 OTG port for Android 4.0 or above[12V/4A Power Adapter; VIA VL812-B2 Chipset and updated Firmware 9081]

4.0 out of 5 stars Usb 3 Hub for Macbooks and Mac Mini, 31 May 2014
I purchased this to pair up with my Macbook Pro Retina 2012 and Apple Mac Mini 2012. I already have a Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 7-Port Hub with 36W Power Adapter and 3ft USB 3.0 Cable [VIA VL812 Chipset] which has worked really well, but wanted to try a different brand and a more aesthetically pleasing hub.

Description: The hub is well made with a sloping design which can be placed horizontal or stood vertically. The hub is fairly light and can be fixed down with the proved strips. The hub is made of plastic, but is solid enough and matchs my mac perfectly.
When switched on a bright blue light tells you it is on. I have to say the light is too bright when in use during the night. I have to block the light out. The hub comes provided with otg cable to connect your phone to the hub and a fairly decent length usb3 cable for the hub. The hub is provided with a two pin plug and a u.k adaptor. This adaptor is rather flimsy and I used my own Figure Of 8 Mains Cable.

In Use: The usb hub allows easy access to remove and change connections to your hub. This hub is plug and play and needs no driver updates so far. The hub allows you to plug 7 usb3 devices and has two charging ports.
I have connected various device to the USB3 hub including a Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black USB 3.0 and Toshiba HDTB110EK3BA 1TB Stor.E Basics USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive - Black with speeds equal to my Anker hub. I also have connected a Hornettek Enterprise 4X (Quad Bay Enclosure/12TB Maximum Capacity/Hot Swappable) and ICY BOX IB-3640SU3 4x 3.5 inch External 4-Bay JBOD Enclosure for SATA l/ll/lll HDD with no problems. The hub also allow backwards compatability with usb2 devices.
I have it placed quite near my router and have had no wireless interference problems. Update (230614)(The hub if placed too near the Mac Mini can drop bletooth connection sometimes due to the poor Mac mini bluetooth shielding.)So with the Mac Mini placing it further away should fix this.
This hub allow 2 devices to be charged. I have tested it with my Phone,Kindle and Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White. It seems to charge with no problems. I have not tested with an Ipad yet. However most hubs fail to charge Ipads due to the high energy draw needed.

Conclusion: This product is highly recommended, for those who want a unique design and those who want the benefit of fast transfer speeds (Compared to Anker Hub) and the ability to plug in multiple devices.

*Note: There seems to be the same hub with different branding [10 Ports for Mac, OTG Support] Unitek Universal 10 Ports USB 3.0 Hub (USB 3.0 7-Port Hub + Two 5V 2A Charging Ports + 1 USB OTG Port) With 12V 4A Power Adapter and USB 3.0 Cable Speical for Laptop, Notebook, Ultrabooks and Tablet PC which seems the same at the time of my review, but more expensive. So get this if available instead.

Tedim Ultra Crystal Clear Hard Cover Case for HTC One - Transparent
Tedim Ultra Crystal Clear Hard Cover Case for HTC One - Transparent
Offered by Shop4yoo

5.0 out of 5 stars transparent case, 21 Nov 2013
After getting my HTC One, I had to make a decision on a case.
This case is little more then a transparent piece of plastic that covers and protects the back and sides of your phone.
However if you don't want the looks of your phone to be spoiled by a bulky case this is your best choice.
The case will protect your phone from general scratches and damage if dropped. However, if you are really clumsy I would not recommend this case as the corners of the device can still can get dented if dropped on the edge of the phone and the plastic can be quite slippery when held.
I am quite careful with my phones in general so this is worth the price. For those who are more accident prone look else where.

HTC one 32GB-RED smartphone (Sim-Free)
HTC one 32GB-RED smartphone (Sim-Free)

4.0 out of 5 stars HTC One Red, 15 Nov 2013
I picked up A HTC One Red as I could not resist the design and build quality of the phone.
The HTC One in red is really beautiful as its stands out in the sea of black, white and silver models of other brands.
Out of the box and in use the phone is quick the 4.7 1080p display is gorgeous and in use with the snapdragon 600 processor there is no noticeable slowdown.

The few faults I found with the phone were:
i. I am mainly a Samsung and Apple Iphone user and the lack of a center home key was slightly annoying.
ii. The inability to disable blinkfeed (This may be disabled in the new 4.3 firmware update).
iii. I've noticed some games in the Play Store can't play on the HTC one such as Need For Speed Rivals. Although I'm sure you can get it to work with a fix. (This has been fixed)
IV. Battery life could be better.

The Positives

i.The sound on this phone is amazing, it has the best speakers for a phone I have ever heard. Other companies should take note from HTC in regards to this.
ii. Quality materials used only rivaled by Phones such as the Iphone. Samsung phones are good phones with a lack of a premium feel.
iii.High Resolution Screen

I would recommend this to people who like a slim well built phone, who also appreciate aesthetics and design in a top range smart phone.

Belkin USB 3.0 A/B Cable 6ft
Belkin USB 3.0 A/B Cable 6ft

4.0 out of 5 stars Belkin cable., 16 April 2013
The cable performs well as a replacement longer cable for my Anker 7 port hub [Oct 2012 Upgraded Version - VIA VL812 Chipset and 36W Power Adapter] Uspeed USB 3.0 7 Port Hub with 3ft USB 3.0 Cable and Power Adapter, Backward Compatible with USB 2.0. The cable is strong, but not too stiff and has rubber coated ends.
The cable fits well in to my Retina screen Macbook pro USB 3 port, this is particular important as the USB cable providers varies in quality. For example my Hornettek 2 Bay Jbod/Sata Enclosure is very short and the USB end does not fit fully into the Retina port, which results in the Macbook loses hard drive connection if moved a little.

note: This cable is not usable for self power hard drives you need the micro end ones for drives like the Western Digital Passport.

I would recommend getting this cable if you are looking for a longer length replacement cable and wish to get the same transfer speeds as a shorter cable.

Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Anker Hub uSPEED, 15 April 2013
Design:
The Anker 7 port hub is very light you may need to stick it down with double sided tape or blue tack as is moves a lot.
It is well made and is approximately 17.4 cm in length and 7cm wide.
It comes in Piano Black which look nice, but tends to attract dust.
The hub comes with a 3ft USB cable which is fairly short. I have had to order a longer 6ft cable as I like to hide my cables away.
The hub has blue light indicators to show USB ports in use and a standard adapter for power to the hub.

Performance in use:
I purchased the Anker Hub to use with my Macbook 13inch Retina which has only two USB3 ports.
I have found that it enables easy plug and play connection to devices and unlike some hubs has adequate spacing between each USB port, which means all ports can be used even with my fatter Patriot USB flash drives.
The device is fully compatible with USB 2 and 3 peripherals and devices. I have on my Mac various hard drives from Western Digital and Seagate attached and also have checked it works with Hornettek and Icybox 4 bay Enclosures. Transfer speeds are very fast and seem to perform as well as my internal desktop USB3 ports. (I won't put speeds as hard drive inclosures have different bottlenecks due to drive speed or controllers etc..)
My Patriot Supersonic which has problems getting full speed USB3 through extenders or cheaper hubs works flawlessly in the Anker. Also I use various headphone amplifiers to power my Sennheiser Hd650 headphones. The Arcam R pac and Fiio headphone amplifiers work well with no noticeable dropout or interference in sound which I tended to get with my Belkin hub.
I also connected my mobile phones and Kindle through USB and these charge without no problem.(It seems there is another model hub with a specific charging USB port which is able to charge the Ipad 3 and 4. This hub can not.)
This hub works with Parallels 8 Desktop for Mac. I had problems using it with Windows 7 (virtual machine) but got it working after a usb3 driver update which fixed it.

All in all this is a highly recommended product and a must have purchase for those who have only two USB ports. (I have rated only 4 stars until I see how reliable this hub is. I will change my rating after more intensive usage.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7