Profile for Ceta > Reviews

Roberts Robi DAB/FM Radio for iPod - Black
Offered by Luzern
Price: 33.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but not perfect, 16 May 2013
I've been complaining that there isn't a radio on the iPod and then i find this little gem...it is amazing and very easy to set up. The DAB stations are very clear and numerous. I am very happy with this purchase :) However there is no reception on the underground as you would expect and the reception on the bus is not always constant and a lot of the time sounds like you're underwater...reception is good when you're walking around...so a bit of a mixed bag...a good device but not perfect and limited to where it can be used

Red & Gold Thai Buddha Home or Garden Ornament Figure Statue
Red & Gold Thai Buddha Home or Garden Ornament Figure Statue
Offered by Chic Gifts and Decor
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tranquil, 15 May 2013
I love this statue as it is so peaceful and tranquil. I've got it on my windowsill in my bedroom and it brings such serenity and its simple repose and makes you just want to drift off to sleep or lie languidly gazing at it.

NEW REFLECTION ORCHESTRA - CHART STRINGS
NEW REFLECTION ORCHESTRA - CHART STRINGS
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory lane, 10 May 2013
I was so happy to find this compilation on Amazon. My very first album was 'Beautiful Music" by the New Reflections orchestra. I had this on cassette and I've been looking for it on CD without any luck. I was really disappointed until I found chart strings and it has some of the tracks that is on beautiful music and the sound is just the same for a walk down memory lane.lol

Henri Lloyd Genette Navel Women's Knit Cardigan Jumper French Navy Large
Henri Lloyd Genette Navel Women's Knit Cardigan Jumper French Navy Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 10 May 2013
This is a gorgeous cardigan. I love the double breast look. The gold buttons are very effective and give the cardigan a very smart look. It is very thick and warm and I wear it a lot in the winter with a roll neck underneath and it keeps out the winter chill. I am a size 12/14 and I got the large which fits perfectly.

Blackberry Bold 9900 Sim Free Mobile Phone-Black
Blackberry Bold 9900 Sim Free Mobile Phone-Black
Offered by PLANET CELL UK
Price: 245.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, 10 May 2013
I was so disappointed that the seller did a fast one on me...took my money and disappeared without sending me the phone although he said that he had despatched it. He hadn't. Amazon promptly refunded me my money. I then thought that this might be a blessing in disguise when i found it a few weeks later that the blackberry 10 was coming out. But now that they are out the Q10 nor Z10 are not really what I am looking for and if I was to buy another blackberry it would be the 9900...anyway the galaxy s4 is out now so I may swing that way in the future.

Update:
Well I saw sense and thought better of the S4 as prices are so ridiculous. Decided that it was the Bold 9900 for me as it had everything that I needed in a phone. Saw a reasonable priced one and grabbed it. I've had it 2 weeks now and it is just amazing. It is like the Bold 9000 but so much more upbeat and snazzier. I love the touchscreen addition. I've deleted all unused languages and apps and I have 17 apps installed and I still have 154mb of free application memory...I will now stop obsessing over application memory and the lack of it as on the 9000.

I have absolutely no complaints about this phone it is just amazing...the only thing is the battery life. But I have now figured out how to get the most of the battery. The original battery after 12 hours with moderate use still has 45% of battery life left (it will probably last 22 hours). I have adopted the following measures to conserve battery life:
Switch to 2G
Dim backlight to 10%
Turn off vibrate (notification alerts should be enough)
Turn off GPS when not in use
Turn off bluetooth when not in use
Use wifi whenever available
Turn off wifi when not in use
Exit from apps after use (use menu key to completely close the app)
Turn off the battery monitor feature
Lower all notification/alert volumes to maximum 3 (this is adequate)... i've kept ring tone at 10 as when phone is in pocket I have trouble hearing phone ring.
Delete unused apps (the social feeds app causes a memory leak it may also affect battery life) and deleting unused languages will boost your application memory space greatly. the above steps will also keep application memory constant

I have also bought the standard 3150mah extended battery (bought before I implemented the above measures to make the most out of the original battery). I thought this battery would last 3 times as much as the original but initial uses shows it lasting only 18 hours with moderate use so I am quite disappointed as I would prefer to use a battery that doesn't come with an extended back as I would prefer to keep the slimline look of the phone as it is just so beautiful to look at and amazing to the touch. I'm even reluctant to put it in a case as I want to be able to hold it and look at it..lol...but I have ordered the ballistic case for it as I've seen too many people walking around with smashed phone screens and I don't want that to happen to mine.

The seller was fantastic and provides the full 12 months warranty on the phone...brilliant.

I am so enjoying this phone and I know i made the right decision. I was a bit worried about the browser having read some of the reviews on here but the browser is amazing. I can read all web pages with the pinch and zoom feature. The load speed is just out of this world. There is nothing i'm going to miss about the 9000 and its pathetic browser and constant rebooting needs. After a year with the 9000 the 9900 is a welcome relief. I can now enjoy a blackberry instead of lamenting about its many problems.

SwitchEasy Capsule Classic Protective Case for iPod Classic Ultra-Clear
SwitchEasy Capsule Classic Protective Case for iPod Classic Ultra-Clear

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 10 May 2013
A good case and I'm glad that it comes with its own dock adapter as it won't fit on the normal ones. Also it scratches very easily but I guess that's why its on to take the scratches rather than the iPod! I now have a Robi dab/fm radio which attaches to the iPod. But I can't use the Robi and the hard case at the same time as the Robi won't go on fully with the case on and falls off when you are on the move. So I have been forced to take the case off! Going to use a screen protector to protect the screen instead and enjoy my Robi. Anyway I had a nano for 4 years and I never used a case for it so I think I will manage.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2014 8:41 PM BST

13'3 inch 13 inch compact neoprene Laptop Case Laptop Bag Computer Bag for Lenovo Ideapad/ACER Aspire/Samsung/Packard Bell EasyNote/Toshiba Satellite/HP Pavilion/Sony Vaio/Asus Zenbook/Apple Macbook Air

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 10 May 2013
This is such a beautiful case and compliments my mac really well. I love the colours and the design. it is excellent value for money

Seksy by Sekonda Bling Ladies White Mother of Pearl Dial Rainbow Colour Crystal Stone Set Case & Strap Watch 4294

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful, 10 May 2013
This is such an amazing watch. It is very dressy and brings out any outfit. I wear it with casual as well as smart outfits. It is very bling and may not suit everyone especially those who just want a brown or black leather strap watch...but I love it. they only thing is that it doesn't sit properly on the wrist but I have looked to see if it needs adjusting but taking out any loops will make it too tight so it is on the right setting.

Barry M Nail Paint, 289 - Gold
Barry M Nail Paint, 289 - Gold

1.0 out of 5 stars thin and watery, 10 May 2013
I was really disappointed with this nail polish. I'd read a review stating that it goes on in one coat and I bought it thinking that I had found a good product. When I applied it it was very thin and watery and in the end I had to use a thicker polish underneath and use it as a top coat as there was no way I was going to spend all day applying 4 or 5 coats!!! I emailed the seller who said to send it back so they can check it however it will cost me more to post it than I paid for it so I'm not bothering...I wish people wouldn't leave misleading reviews as buyers do rely on their accuracy!

Michael Kors Mk5216 Ladies Watch with Tortoise Acrylic Bracelet and Brown Dial
Michael Kors Mk5216 Ladies Watch with Tortoise Acrylic Bracelet and Brown Dial

3.0 out of 5 stars Ordinary, 10 May 2013
I was really disappointed when i received this watch. It looked so ordinary. It didn't look like a designer watch at all. I was expecting a bit more sparkle and that je ne sais qua effect one should have from having spent a lot of money on a designer product...it just didn't happen for me with this watch. Promptly sent it back. However after 2 weeks amazon still hadn't received it back...good old Royal Mail..but nevertheless they processed my refund

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4