ARRAY(0xb3d4c144)

LEGO® Ninjago Character Encyclopedia
LEGO® Ninjago Character Encyclopedia
by DK

5.0 out of 5 stars Catalogue with extras but sparks imagination, 28 Aug 2013
My 5 year old son latched onto this book as soon as he saw it in the shop and has still not let go about 6 months later. We read it almost every night - had to limit our bedtime reading to only four pages or it would take all night - seems to spark the imagination even though it is really a glorified lego-ninjago catalogue. Dear Lego - please can we have a Volume 2 as my son is now dying to know all about the 'golden ninja' who appears in latest lego boxes. Not one that I particularly enjoy reading but he Loves it - and yes - getting the green ninja minifigure is a serious bonus

What Do People Do All Day?
What Do People Do All Day?
by Richard Scarry

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, wonderful book, 2 Dec 2012
I loved this as a child and my children now do also - particularly the latter stories - the big processing plants for coal/electricity, paper and water, buidling a new road, the cruise ship - the illustrations really are fantastic - so much detail in every one, you can spend ages on each page - my son (4yrs) loves tracing the arrows that show how everything progresses through the machinery - his twin sister loves it too. And the machines all have eyes and look friendly - what more can you ask for! I don't know any other book quite like it. All Richard Scarry books are fantastic but for those interested in how things work, this really is the best!
I have not seen the modern edition as my childhood version (1977 edition) has survived, I came on here to buy a new one as a present and then read the reviews and was worried stories would be missing, however there is no cotton-growing, posting a letter or buidling a house in the '77 edition so perhaps they were dropped much earlier - hopefully I won't be too disappointed with current edition...
Oh, and re the sexist comments - yes - it does have 70s male/female stereotypes but due to the characters being animals this is not too obvious and please note - Sergeant Murphy gets up in the night to feed baby Bridget and there is a lady working in the water-works!

Octonauts Monster Map: A Lift-the-Flap Adventure
Octonauts Monster Map: A Lift-the-Flap Adventure
by Simon & Schuster Childrens Books

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing compared to the Meomi books, 3 Jan 2012
The kids still like it but low quality story and illustrations compared to the original Meomi books. I think this is an offshoot of the TV program - shame when the TV offshoots are so poorly done.

Charlie and Lola: I Will Not Ever Never Eat A Tomato
Charlie and Lola: I Will Not Ever Never Eat A Tomato
by Lauren Child

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware the 'never ever' but great book all the same, 20 Nov 2011
I have both cursed and loved this book (and the DVD version) as my three year old twins were so very enamoured with the "I will never ever eat a tomato" that they started saying it at every meal for every kind of food!! Actually, we saw the DVD version first and so I bought the book to enable me to focus more on the actual eating of the food than the not-eating - I think Charlie's clever tricks at getting Lola to eat were lost on them with the DVD, but I think they are now getting there - perhaps leave this one until your kids are slightly older than three! Even so, a fabulous story that captures attention

Cars (Usborne Flip Flaps)
Cars (Usborne Flip Flaps)
by Rob Lloyd Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 5 Oct 2011
Enduring favourite of my 3 year old twins (both boy and girl). This and the 'airport' book have fantastic illustrations and so much to talk about under the flaps - lots of surprises and much better than some of the other books in the series.

Charlie and Lola: My Picnic Sticker Book
Charlie and Lola: My Picnic Sticker Book
by Lauren Child

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story plus stickers - bonus, 5 Oct 2011
Strangely enough, we have still not used the stickers in this book as my 3 year old twins have so enjoyed reading the story and talking about all the stickers they just haven't pulled any off yet - mysterious as they are not strangers to sticker books - anyway - lots of fun and more to go...

Flip Flap Airport (Usborne Flip Flaps)
Flip Flap Airport (Usborne Flip Flaps)
by Rob Lloyd Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of entertainment, 5 Oct 2011
This is a most fabulous book - the favourite of my 3 year old twins (both boy and girl) for at least a year now and I'm sure it will go on - the illustrations in this and the 'cars' flap book are fantastic. So much going on and lots of lovely surprises under the flabs - loads to talk about - we are still finding new things. Much better than some of the others in this series - we were disappointed by the 'farm' book and the 'under the sea' book - the illustrations are less clear and there is less excitement under the flaps - just the same things in a different positions. This one and 'cars' I can highly recommend - I think the new edition has a slightly different name but cover looks the same.