Profile for Marcus Dyson > Reviews

Content by Marcus Dyson

Marcus Dyson "DoctorDee" (Yorkshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Once great - now rubbish!, 11 Aug 2014
Bought some of these in 2012, and they were the best socks I ever had. Warm, soft and comfortable. And they were easy to wash, just shoved them in with all my other bike gear, and they came out perfect every time. Once they all started to wear out (after a LOT of wear) I bought 8 new pairs in 2014... and they all shrank down to tiny after the first wash - same cycle, same detergent as before. Now they won't fit, and they feel like cardboard. Also, a couple of pairs wore through to holes in a single rode/hike in them. Don;t know what Endura did to cut production costs, but they turned a superb product into garbage. I emailed them via their website and got no response.

ECO BRIQUETTE MAKER INGLENOOK
ECO BRIQUETTE MAKER INGLENOOK
Offered by Topnotchsales

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a nice item, and relatively robust, 8 Aug 2014
It's a nice item, and relatively robust. But the sides are not stiff enough, so as you compress the briquette, it forces the sides to deform, and the bottom plate squeezes out. I hacked mine by pop-rivetting a thin metal bar across the middle - but this really needs to be an out of the box feature.

Onecut Ceramic Knives Black Blade 7 Inch,6.5 Inch Ceramic Cleaver Knife for Choice (Black, 7 Inch)
Offered by Funlife

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value ceramic knife, 8 Aug 2014
Looking for a low cost introduction to the world of ceramic knives, I bought the OneCut four knife set. This knife was the matching larger blade option, and was sold separately. Like its smaller siblings, it is nicely designed, comfortable and extremely sharp. I'm very happy with it for the price.

Onecut 6 Piece Ceramic Knife Set with Block-3"4"5"6"chef Ceramic Knives,1 Peeler (Black)
Offered by Funlife

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price., 8 Aug 2014
I wanted to see what all the fuss about ceramic knives was, without shelling out hundreds of pounds. The OneCut set is a great introduction that doesn't break the bank. They are nicely designed, sharp and comfortable to hold. The stand ids plastic and nasty, but the knives themselves are excellent quality for the price.

AEG HSM/R 5638
AEG HSM/R 5638
Offered by Electroactiva

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute garbage. I bought this because I have always been ..., 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: AEG HSM/R 5638 (Personal Care)
Absolute garbage. I bought this because I have always been impressed with AEG's white goods, and because the design is attractive. But the quality is abysmal. It vibrates in the hand more like a piece of agricultural machinery than a piece of personal grooming equipment. It rips hair out rather than clips it, and after just three recharges it stopped working altogether. I suspect that the clippers are fine, but the charging base is no longer making a connection to the power adaptor.

Total waste of money.

Hilly Running Arm Pocket (Sportsbonus)
Hilly Running Arm Pocket (Sportsbonus)
Offered by Millet Sports

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too small, 13 April 2014
This review is from: HILLY Neoprene Arm Pocket (Misc.)
This item may be fine for all those super-skinny long distance runners. But for this "normal" human - it's simply way too small to fit. Disappointing, because it's well made and a nice design and would have been useful - as it is it was just a waste of money.

Shake'n Drink bottle (red)
Shake'n Drink bottle (red)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Shaker, 27 May 2011
As a protein shake fan, I go through shakers like they are going out of fashion. That's because the ones found in high street supplements shops, or often given free with a bulk powder purchase are of low quality. I dropped one recently and it smashed - short polymer chains in the cheap plastics are to blame.

Not this one though. It's got a high quality feel - an ergonomic shape and a rubber grip band around the waist towards the top of the body. The measure marking are clearly printed on the side - not just molded into the body like on many cheaper shakers - which makes the Shake 'n Drink easy to read, important when you're mixing a protein powder. I'll definitely be buying more.

My only slight reservations are that the top does not feel securely shut when closed and I'd hesitate to put this in a kit bag when full. And when the top is open, it does not flip back quite as far as I'd prefer - but I find this with many shakers - so it's probably just me. These niggles stop my giving the Shake'n Drink a five star rating - but it is by far the best shaker I have ever used.

Belkin Powerline 1Gbps/1000Mbps Adapters for Hi-speed Gaming on PS3/X-Box 360 & HD Movie Streaming (F5D4076uk)

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 14 Feb 2010
Replaced my 200mbs Powerline with these devices, and they just didn't work. Tried moving them here and there, but they would only work when in such close proximity to one another that a 5m ethernet cable offered a better solution. Returned for full refund. Don't waste your money.

Canon Digital IXUS 980 IS Camera - Black (14.7MP, 3.7x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch PureColor LCD II Viewfinder

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, if it's not cold or wet!, 10 April 2009
I purchased a Canon Ixus 980IS in November 2008. I took it with me when I went hiking in the UK, in Winter. This means, basically in cold and wet conditions. I carried the camera in my backpack in a waterproof bag, or in the pocket of my quality waterproof jacket. After five times of using the camera, it stopped working. I sent it to Canon for repair. They told me the camera was suffering from "corrosion" and I was liable for the £120 repair bill. This camera was six weeks old and had been used five times.

Before buying the Canon, I had been using a Casio Exilim EX-Z1000 which had been used in the same conditions many many times, and is still going strong. The corrosions in the Canon seems to have been caused by condensation - I would avoid this camera if you are going to use it in anything but dry warm conditions.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2012 6:19 AM BST

George Foreman 12617 Next Grilleration Health Grill with  Removable Plates
George Foreman 12617 Next Grilleration Health Grill with Removable Plates

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice - but does not have timer or variable temperature, 17 Sep 2008
The Foreman shown is certainly the 12617 - but it does NOT have a timer or variable temperature settings as stated in the product description (as of 17/09/08 in case they edit it).

So if you are looking for a larg(ish) Formean with removeable grill plates - this is the one. But if you want a timer - move along. Nothing for you here.

Page: 1 | 2