Profile for Mrs. B. A. Lambert > Reviews

Mrs. B. A. Lambert

FitFlop Crush Leather Zip Black 6 UK
FitFlop Crush Leather Zip Black 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable!, 4 Nov. 2014
I love these boots! This is my third pair of Fitflops boots (I have owned Fitflops sandals, too). The fit is great and they are super comfortable - I wear them outside and inside, as they feel like slippers, yet they feel very supportive. I am a size 6, as are these boots. Previous Fitflops that I've bought were a size 5, as that was the size that fitted me best, but Fitflops have evidently sorted out their sizing now. I like the fact that they now have zips on the inner side, making them easier to get on and off and I like the leather finish, rather than suede. Nice bit of decor detail around the top of the boot, too. I would definitely recommend them.

Goose Feather And Down Duvet / Quilt, 4.5 Tog, King Bed Size, Contains 40% Down, by Viceroybedding
Offered by Viceroy Bedding

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and value, 27 Nov. 2013
This is a high quality product at a reasonable price. We've had this duvet for about three weeks and it is very cosy (it seems a little warmer than 4.5 togs, but maybe that's just me!). I love the luxurious crackling as I move under it! Would definitely recommend it.

The Seth Material: The Spiritual Teacher That Launched the New Age
The Seth Material: The Spiritual Teacher That Launched the New Age
by Jane Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 20 Nov. 2012
I loved every word of this book, which, for me, as a spiritual "seeker", answered many questions or endorsed my own feelings and intuition. It is a channelled work from Seth via Jane Roberts and I felt it to be honest, warm and enlightening. If you have read "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsh then this is along the same lines, but it is much deeper and detailed - and it was channelled around 35 years earlier. I believe it is the first book in the series of Seth books and I am now eagerly devouring the next book, "The Eternal Validity of the Soul". Each book is a detailed and sometimes complicated read, as many concepts/truths are introduced about both our reality and realities in other dimensions and I regularly need to read and re-read paragraphs or pages to grasp what is being said. The overall message of the book(s) - that we, on Earth, are truly spiritual beings with much to look forward to when we pass into the next dimensions - I find very comforting. He also explains time and space and reincarnation with real depth and clarity, along with countless other topics of constant fascination to the seeker of the answer to What is Life All About. If you are one of those seekers and enjoy a good, meaty read, this is for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 10:40 AM BST

TeckNet® New iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 Premium Folio Leather Case / Cover and Flip Stand With Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake Feature + Screen Protector For New Apple iPad 4th Generation, iPad 3 & iPad 2 - Orange
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable!, 16 May 2012
My iPad has never come out of this clever case since I bought it eight months ago. It is sturdy, offering excellent protection for the iPad, and is hard wearing. I love the way the case can be configured so that you can stand your iPad upright for, say, Skyping (which I do a lot), or it can be put on a table or desk and set at a sloping angle, so that the iPad is easier to read and you can use the keyboard (as I am doing now!). When you bring the flap over from the back (when it has been acting as a stand) and place it over the screen, the iPad makes a satisfying clicking sound as it turns off! All the various holes in the case are perfectly aligned with the camera and buttons on the iPad, so you never have to take the iPad out to take a photo, etc. My only wish with this excellent case is that it came in colours other than black! How difficult would that be?

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Batgirl outfit, 1 Dec. 2011
A surprisingly good quality product which was comfortable to wear and drew many compliments at the film theme party I went to - although no one could actually remember Batgirl in a film! It has been safely packed away for use again. I am a size 12 and the fit was perfect.

Rosemary Conley: Gi Jeans Weight Loss Plan [DVD]
Rosemary Conley: Gi Jeans Weight Loss Plan [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rosemary Conley
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Rosemary's best (in my opinion!), 31 May 2010
I love this DVD! I have seven of Rosemary's, including her latest two, and have only just bought this one - and it's great! The music is really good for getting you jumping energetically and there are some super tunes. It's definitely my favourite Rosemary Conley DVD. The first half-hour is aerobics, including the warm-up, and it can be as energetic as you like, as options are always given for high- or low-intensity. Then, there is a 20-minute salsa section, which I enjoy, as it is nice to have a change in style - and 20 minutes is enough for me. The music is good, although not always authentic salsa music. Then there is a 15-minute or so toning section with lots of squats and lunges and you can really feel it working where it should. I always feel safe with Rosemary, as she's great at warming your muscles up (although, sometimes, it's rather repetitive and unnecessary, especially when you are already warmed-up from the previous session) and I have to say I have never had an ache or pain following one of her sessions. What is also good about Rosemary is that she keeps reminding you to keep your posture and hold in your stomach muscles to support your back; she also tells you what muscle you are working and why. The "team" on this DVD is nice - not too "in your face" with false smiles: Bev is great - she genuinely looks as if she is enjoying herself and her smile is very infectious (she's a great salsa dancer, too!). The one criticism I would have (and it applies to all of Rosemary's DVDs) is that Rosemary's cues for move changes are often hopelessly timed - far too early, or too late - which can be very irritating. In the overall scheme of things, however, that is a small point. These DVDs are good all-rounders, good fun and safe to do. I do one five times a week and have stayed at my goal weight now for nine months.

Davina - High Energy Five [DVD]
Davina - High Energy Five [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall
Offered by I-Deal Media

3.0 out of 5 stars Workout with a difference, 1 Jan. 2010
I have been using many of the Rosemary Conley fitness DVDs over the last few months, which are basic, easy to follow and really get results (I've lost 24lbs in 5 months - following the diet, too) and wanted to try a different fitness DVD to ring the changes. However, this wasn't for me. Davina performs with her two trainers and it is fairly entertaining with all Davina's asides to camera, etc, but it wasn't really my style. The workout is pretty tough and you do burn the calories, but my feet were killing me for a couple of days after doing one of the sessions with lots of jumping/skipping. The fancy camera work doesn't always show you exactly what you should be doing, either (whereas the Rosemary DVDs always illustrate every move quite clearly). The vague music is very much in the background, so there are no good tunes or rhythms to keep you going - for me, there's nothing like a good, bouncy rhythm to keep me going! I will probably stick to the tried and tested Rosemary DVDs!

Rush Hour Puzzle Game
Rush Hour Puzzle Game
Offered by Smart Games Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Enduring and addictive fun for the whole family!, 14 Jan. 2002
This review is from: Rush Hour Puzzle Game (Toy)
My eight-year-old son received this toy for Christmas and has had to fight with his parents for use of it! It is a puzzle for one player, the object being to extricate the red car from the gridlock using your powers of logic. There are forty cards, each bearing a puzzle, starting at the very easy end of the scale and going up to the level of "expert". Our son enjoys spasmodic play with it, but his concentration isn't always up to it. My husband and I, on the other hand, become totally engrossed and can't put it down! It's certainly a good toy for children, as it develops their powers of logic and strategic thinking and gets them off the Playstation. It is also robustly made, suggesting it will last for years, although the manufacturers should think of a more suitable way of packing it up for transport, as the currently packaging is too flimsy and difficult to fit together.