Profile for Spanner > Reviews

More Mental Maths Tests for Ages 10-11: Timed Mental Maths Practice for Year 6
by Andrew Brodie

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Oct. 2014
Useful practise!

Sterling Silver WISE OWL Charm -fits Pandora,Chamilia & similar Bracelets -Fabulana Charms
Offered by For Him For Her

2.0 out of 5 stars Not genuine Pandora, 29 Aug. 2014
My original search for Pandora charms on Amazon had included the words 'genuine' 'Pandora' and 'silver'. This came up. I thought it was pretty cheap but presumed it was due to the absence of Pandora boxes etc. it wasn't until I looked that it said 'genuine silver' 'will fit Pandora'. The owl looked like a similar charm that Pandora do on the screen. In reality it is obviously a cheaper charm as the quality isn't great. I'm not risking putting it on my bracelet. It just isn't worth it.

Pandora 790860 Sterling Silver 925 Charm
Pandora 790860 Sterling Silver 925 Charm

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Pandora, 29 Aug. 2014
It came in a Pandora box and the charm had stamps on it meaning it was genuine. Fit my bracelet and was just what I wanted.

Elegy: Book Four in the Watersong Series
Elegy: Book Four in the Watersong Series

4.0 out of 5 stars Ties up all the loose ends., 17 Aug. 2013
I didn't put the Kindle down when reading it and got through it in one day. I felt a little bit disappointed with the ending as I felt it was too predictable, but it did tie up all the loose ends I suppose.

Forest Mage (The Soldier Son Trilogy, Book 2)
Forest Mage (The Soldier Son Trilogy, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Robin Hobb at her best!, 17 Aug. 2013
Love Robin Hobb's style - you actually believe the events in the story. You end up feeling really sorry for Nevare in this book as nothing goes to plan and none of it is his fault!

A Shade of Vampire 2: A Shade of Blood
A Shade of Vampire 2: A Shade of Blood

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 14 July 2013
I liked the main idea behind the story and the way the vampires live in the modern wolrd. I thought you could get to understand the main character well.

Blood of Dragons (The Rain Wild Chronicles, Book 4)
Blood of Dragons (The Rain Wild Chronicles, Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Robin Hobb at her best!, 14 April 2013
I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book and sink back into the world of dragons and liveships. This book tied up all the loose ends for me, though I was still left wanting more.

Beautiful Creatures (Book 1)
Beautiful Creatures (Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 10 Mar. 2013
I enjoyed getting into the world of light and dark casters. Would recommend for anyone who enjoys reading modern day fantasy stories.

Dragon Keeper (The Rain Wild Chronicles, Book 1)
Dragon Keeper (The Rain Wild Chronicles, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow to get going, but definitely worth the wait., 23 Feb. 2013
It took a while to get into the first book in this series and to get to know the different characters. Now as I have read the other books in the series, I can't wait for the next one! Robin Hobb is fast becomming my favourite author. The way you really get to understand and 'know' the characters and the tiny details she includes. You start to believe in the existence of dragons and liveships!

The Magic Finger
The Magic Finger
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Dahl, 26 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Magic Finger (Paperback)
I read this book as a child and loved it then. Now my own children have had the pleasure of reading it too! The idea of a girl having a magic finger that turns, not only her teacher into a cat, but the Gregg family into ducks, amused my children a great deal!