Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
100% Cotton's Brand Designer's Inspired Luxury Cushion Cover Design Wiener Dog Size 18"x18"

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality but bigger than 18 inch, 15 Feb. 2015
Great quality and very cute. Mine is bigger than 18 inches, measuring 19.5 inches. The 20 inch cushion pad I have (love2sleep) is still a little small.

Koziol Roger Paper Towel Stand, Transparent Red
Koziol Roger Paper Towel Stand, Transparent Red
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute and handy, 20 Jan. 2015
I bought this to stop soaking the bottom of my kitchen roll as it sits near the sink. I haven't had a problem getting a kitchen roll to fit (I use tesco own brand) - there's plenty of space. The only issue if I was being picky, is that it can be difficult to tear off a couple of sheets when the role is full because the bunny's feet are quite tall. You have to manoeuvre the sheets around them until the roll is a bit less bulky.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good machine, 20 Jan. 2015
I have NK1 colours and this worked well. I cured the base coat for 10 seconds, the colour coats for 30 seconds and the top coat for 60 seconds. All good so far. It is a compact size (about half the size of my UV NK1 light) but you'll get your full hand or toes in (well a size 6 at least). It took 2 weeks for this to arrive as it is shipped from Germany. I'm curious that the previous 11 or so reviews didn't mention it. They provide a separate adaptor plug. Good looking machine. I got the ruby red and it's lovely. I'll update on the longevity of the machine in time.

Shaun T's FOCUS T25 DVD Workout Programme
Shaun T's FOCUS T25 DVD Workout Programme
Offered by Beachbody

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 14 Dec. 2014
I bought this 4 months after finishing Insanity. I'm 4 weeks in and I'm enjoying it so far. Slightly misleading as the selling point is 5 times a week for 25 minutes. You actually do a 25 minute session Monday to Thursday, they recommend a double session on Friday and each session ends with a 2-3 minute stretch. You then have a 25 minute stretch session on Sunday. The first 5 weeks are called Alpha which is foundation level, and then you move onto Beta which is the 2nd 5 weeks. Starting to feel a difference now, but did get faster results with Insanity. The sessions are quite fun and are over quite quickly. Some coordination is required at times. You will jump about feeling daft for the first week or so, but you get used to it. You will work up a sweat and feel like you've worked hard if you follow Shaun T's instructions carefully. He's a great trainer and I respond to his approach to teaching.

Since this is a review for T25, it may be worth giving some points that highlight why a person might prefer doing T25 instead of Insanity (for those that are trying to decide).

Flexibility - because its only 25 minutes, if I miss a day, I can double up the next day (you cannot do this with Insanity without doing yourself a mischief). It also doesn't feel like it takes over your life like Insanity does.
Impact - my knees and ankles are not taking so much of a beating with T25. My ligaments became quite damaged with Insanity.
Progress - much more realistic with T25 and I know I will be able to do as much as the people in the DVD eventually. I don't want to throw up during any of these sessions and, there is a person doing a lower impact version of all the sessions (modifier) if you're not quite ready for the full thing.

Tania from insanity is the modifier, but fear not! She's not as irritating on T25. Look out for Shaun T's hubby, Scott - he's yummy.

Update: I'm now 8 weeks in which means I have had a good run at the 2nd 5 weeks (Beta). I prefer Beta, but it is in no way harder than the 1st 5 weeks (Alpha). I have enjoyed this a lot, but I do wonder if it is because it is easier than Insanity? I do look and feel fitter than when I started. My biggest piece of advice would be to do T25 before moving onto Insanity. I think T25 prepares you to do Insanity moves better. It will be interesting to see if I am better at Insanity now.

4 x Rolls Of Christmas Gift Wrap Wrapping Paper 5M x 69cm Gold & Cream Traditional

2.0 out of 5 stars nice design but not luxury, 13 Dec. 2014
The paper design is nice, but it's cheap and thin. I could see the print on the presents I wrapped through the lighter designs.

Brugo New 3rd Generation Leak Proof Brugo Travel Mug with BuiltIn Temperature Control Chamber, BPA Free, Mediterranean Green

3.0 out of 5 stars close, but no cigar, 25 Sept. 2014
This thermos is indeed leakproof and the design is very clever. The problem (as with most plastic thermos) is that my coffee doesn't stay hot. I've never had the need to use the cooling section. I drink my coffee about an hour or so after its made and by the time I get to it in this thermos, its lukewarm. Im now back to starbucks double wall steel which is fantastic.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2015 10:18 AM GMT

French Connection Amelia Women's Belt Metallic Burgandy Medium
French Connection Amelia Women's Belt Metallic Burgandy Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful waist belt, 30 Mar. 2014
This is a stunning belt and the colour is pinker than the picture. This is a waist belt. I'm a size 10 and bought the medium. Definitely too small to get round my jeans.

Insanity: The Ultimate Cardio Workout and Fitness DVD Programme.
Insanity: The Ultimate Cardio Workout and Fitness DVD Programme.
Offered by Beachbody

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results, hard work, 30 Mar. 2014
I am about to finish week 4 and will update once I am at the end of the challenge. This is actually a 9 week challenge, so just a little over 60 days. You exercise 6 days a week with one day off. You will do the 1st 4 weeks using a combination of 5 dvds. Week 5 is recovery but you still exercise 6 days using the same session each day. Weeks 6-9 are more intense and longer than the 1st month using a combination of 4 session dvds.

I'm relatively fit, but I'm no gym bunny ( I can do 30 minutes on a treadmill and that's about it) and I am really enjoying this. On day 3 and 4 I wanted to quit because of the pain in my muscles, but I'm glad I pushed through. The first week will be painful but it will ease quickly. The workouts are generally 38-42 minutes long. In the 3rd week you add an abs session to one of the workouts so it lasts about 55 minutes. The timings I am giving include the warm up and cool down. I am not following the diet and I haven't lost weight, but I do look better. My arms are toned, legs are solid and my tummy muscles are improving (but not perfect yet). It doesn't get easier as time goes by because the better you get, the more you do, so I probably sweat more now than I did at the start of the challenge. I still can't do as many reps as the people in the DVD, but I'm not worried or expecting to ever be able to. Progress is rapid and my speed has improved greatly but the 'holds' while squatting and lunging are still impossible for me. When I started, my upper body strength was pretty bad but after just 2 weeks I was doing push ups no problem and doing the jumps really well.

The downside is doing the exercises 6 days a week. It is quite restrictive and life can get in the way, but I am determined. I do this just after work because I think its important that you do not do this without eating a couple of hours before it. I don't think I would be able to give it 100% first thing in the morning before work.

Update

Just finishing my challenge this week. The sessions in month 2 are about an hour on average, with a couple of them a little less than that. The 2nd month is really hard going and I didn't feel I progressed through this month as well as I did the 1st month. In fact, the 1st week just made me feel like I was starting back at square one, which was a little demotivating. In saying that, my legs and arms are solid, there is a significant reduction in the cellulite on the back of my legs and my tummy does look better. I really do feel fitter. The only problem I have found in completing the challenge is my knees are knackered. Please consider not wearing running shoes. I changed to cross training shoes and it made a big difference in the knee and ankle pain i was experiencing (nike free 5.0 tr 4). No weight loss as I didn't follow the diet, but it might be worth watching what you eat as I just craved sugar all the time!

Going to take a few days off to let my knees recover and then I'll start again, but this time I'll only do the sessions every other day. Take care of your joints!!

Fly London Girls Yaki K Boots P500240906 Black 6 UK, 39 EU
Fly London Girls Yaki K Boots P500240906 Black 6 UK, 39 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely smart boots ( for adults too), 8 Feb. 2014
I am 36 years old and a size 6. I usually get a size bigger in the adult Fly London boots because the bridge of the leather is always too tight and it's difficult to get your foot in them. I really liked the look of these kids boots so I took a chance and bought the 6. I am really surprised that they fit like a dream. I can get my foot in no problem and they are less clumpy than the adult version. The patent is not too shiny so they look very smart. I'll wear them with dresses or skinny jeans. In future, I will be shopping in the kids selection of Fly London boots.

Rockport Women's Janae Pump Leather Black Platforms Heels K58891 6.5 UK
Rockport Women's Janae Pump Leather Black Platforms Heels K58891 6.5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 8 Jan. 2014
I don't think I have ever owned such a well made pair of heels. Quite high but nice sturdy heel without being too chunky. Very feminine and I don't walk like Bambi in them which can sometimes happen with heels this high. The platform helps. The inside has comfy adidas insoles. One of the shoes slips off when I walk but this is because I have one foot slightly smaller than the other. A heel grip solved the problem completely. Very chuffed. X

Page: 1 | 2 | 3