Profile for Julie Nixon > Reviews

Content by Julie Nixon

Julie Nixon "Springbok" (Scotland)

White Single Push In Rubber Towel Tea Towel Holder Off
White Single Push In Rubber Towel Tea Towel Holder Off
Offered by Trade Supplies-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 25 Sept. 2013
I needed this to hold a towel in my son's bedroom. I tried to get one at local ironmongers but to no avail. This was cheap and works perfectly. It was delivered very quickly.

Gregory's Girl [DVD] [1981]
Gregory's Girl [DVD] [1981]
Dvd ~ John Gordon Sinclair
Offered by Disc-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film., 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Gregory's Girl [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
I first saw this when I was 16. I recently purchased it for my daughter (12) as I thought she would find it entertaining. She didn't find it as funny as I thought she would but I still howled at John Gordon Sinclair. Worth watching every so many years.

Limit  6452.01 Children's Purple Heart Analogue Watch
Limit 6452.01 Children's Purple Heart Analogue Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee watch!, 28 Mar. 2013
I was looking for a watch for my 12 year old daughter. She is not overly 'girly' but not tomboyish either. A lot of the trendy watches have enormous faces for wee wrists. She loved this and wears it all the time.

The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home
The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home
by Tarek Malouf

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime!, 23 Mar. 2013
This is my first Hummingbird book although I am a cake baking nut so have millions of other books and I am hard to impress on the baking front! First two recipes I have tried (Chocolate Malt Cake and Chocolate and Coconut Cupcakes) were gobsmackingly good. Can't wait to try everything in the book! A real gem!

Something's Gotta Give [DVD] [2003]
Something's Gotta Give [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Jack Nicholson
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my favourite film ever!, 30 July 2010
I adore this film. It never fails to put a smile on my face and I send it to friends who are sick, to cheer them up. Much better than a bunch of flowers!

The New England Soup Factory Cookbook
The New England Soup Factory Cookbook
by Marjorie Druker

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 23 Nov. 2009
I saw this book in a store in Boston and decided to buy it when I came home. All the soups I have tried so far have been delicious and different. The ingredient lists are long but none of the methods are complex. I have been delighted with the results. They do make enough soup to feed the street for a week so unless you are planning on freezing some then I would reduce the quantities.

RHS Encyclopedia of Gardening (RHS)
RHS Encyclopedia of Gardening (RHS)
by Christopher Brickell

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gardening book you can buy!, 21 April 2008
This is the best gardening book I have ever seen. I bought it as a gift for my parents but borrowed it so much I had to buy my own! And, who cares about the spelling!! (see Lord Manley review!)