Profile for Lesley S > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The No-Kids Club
The No-Kids Club

2.0 out of 5 stars Zzzzzzzz!, 20 July 2014
This review is from: The No-Kids Club (Kindle Edition)
Really, don't bother. Such a weak boring storyline. I had guessed the way it would play out by about page five. Totally predictable and the 'twist' that I thought must come eventually never materialised. I have given it two stars only because it seems too mean to just give it one!

A Time for Silence
A Time for Silence
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 12 July 2014
I really enjoyed this book even though I did guess the ending quite early on. The story switches generations easily back and forth and the story is compelling to read - quite a page turner. I would recommend this book.

A Tap on the Window
A Tap on the Window
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book!, 4 July 2014
Read this book. Loved it.

Gino's Italian Escape
Gino's Italian Escape
by Gino D'Acampo
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great easy Italian cookery book, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Gino's Italian Escape (Hardcover)
Good recipes that actually work. Recipes that taste as good as they look in the photos. Easy to follow. Perfect

I Quit Sugar
I Quit Sugar

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good kindle book, 4 July 2014
This review is from: I Quit Sugar (Kindle Edition)
This book really doesn't work as a Kindle book as you need to keep going back and forth, trying to find the recipes mentioned, and re-referencing things. You need to have a printed copy in your hands. I actually went out and bought it again, this time in hard copy, but I still wasn't very impressed. Not for me.

The Secret Keeper
The Secret Keeper
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a lovely story, 4 July 2014
This review is from: The Secret Keeper (Kindle Edition)
This was an unusual book for me to read as I usually go for fast paced crime novels. This book had me at page one and from then on I could not put it down. The story moves from one era to the next and back again with ease. I loved all the characters and missed them all when the book was finished. One of the nicest books I have read for a while.

Six Years
Six Years
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced and a great read, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Six Years (Kindle Edition)
Typical fast moving Harlan Coben book. I couldn't put this down and didn't figure out the ending halfway through, like it is easy to do with so many books today. Intriguing storyline with likeable characters.

The Yorkshire Shepherdess
The Yorkshire Shepherdess
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Go on, read this book!, 4 July 2014
I loved reading this book. Beautifully written with a very easy flow. You feel that you are actually listening to Amanda rather than reading a book.

Close My Eyes
Close My Eyes
Price: 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Close My Eyes (Kindle Edition)
A great book. I was on tenterhooks the whole time I was reading and kept thinking I had worked it out but, as it turned out, I was way off course most of the time. A very entertaining read. Buy it!

The Summer Son
The Summer Son

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely read, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Summer Son (Kindle Edition)
This book was a lovely read. Easy to read but also quite a page-turner. The end was not obvious at all to me and I enjoyed every minute.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3