Profile for GeeWhizz > Reviews

GeeWhizz "kate" (Lancashire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Thin, low quality., 8 Jan 2014
I was going to send this back on intitial inspection but my daughter saw it! Now I wish I'd put my foot down, Its just single ply thin flannelette and one of the the pom poms fell off in the first wash!

Leather Cleaner & Conditioner 2 in 1 Formula 500ml & Cloth
Leather Cleaner & Conditioner 2 in 1 Formula 500ml & Cloth
Offered by Syntec
Price: 6.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Cleaned well., 8 Jan 2014
I feel I can tell a difference in how clean the sofa is, despite ours being dark brown, but I think it left the sofa dull and didnt buff up the way it claimed. I'll have to do it again with some other leather polish to bring back its sheen.
Also, alot of other reviewers mentioned about the smell and I agree that its initial smell isnt too bad but its 'after smell' does have a urine type whiff to it! though its not overly strong and airing the room killed it soon enough.

The Big Bang Theory: Seasons One - Five [DVD] [2012]
The Big Bang Theory: Seasons One - Five [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Johnny Galecki
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 18.52

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 28 Nov 2013
Big bang theory is a fantastic programme, clever and hilarious - I'd recommend watching it to anyone! you can currently catch it on channel 4 and e4 if you want to watch a few episodes before you buy but it really is one you can watch again and again without it becoming dull!!

TP Spiro Hop Bouncing See Saw
TP Spiro Hop Bouncing See Saw
Offered by FUNTICA
Price: 99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 28 Nov 2013
bought for daughters 4th birthday and although shes small and struggles a bit, her older brother and sister (7&6) can twizz her round on it no problem!

Wilson MVP BasketBall - Size 6, Orange/Black
Wilson MVP BasketBall - Size 6, Orange/Black
Offered by Equipe-Europe
Price: 11.50

2.0 out of 5 stars will not stay up, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wilson MVP BasketBall (Sports)
bought to accompany a basketball ring for my sons 7th birthday and although pumped up to capacity many times, it deflates within a day. will not bounce at all after that. very annoying!

Style Nuvo Girls Baby Grosgrain Ribbon Bow Headband Hairband - White
Style Nuvo Girls Baby Grosgrain Ribbon Bow Headband Hairband - White
Offered by Style Nuvo
Price: 2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 28 Nov 2013
Bought for our daughter to wear in her hair at her christening, soft and stretchy to be comfortable on small babies. perfect

Cosatto Noodle Supa Highchair (Hen House)
Cosatto Noodle Supa Highchair (Hen House)
Offered by My Baby
Price: 100.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not As good as id hoped., 28 Nov 2013
Now on my fourth child, I knew what I was looking for in a high chair and I really thought I'd got it with this! I spent a great deal of time comparing (or faffing as my husband would say) and settled on this.

Main reasons for going with this were,
adjustable height & removable tray - as baby gets older you can take away the tray and sit them up at the dinner table, whatever height yours is.

Padded seat that reclines - a high backed padded seat is much better than those low backed all-wood ones you often get at restaurants, a younger baby is more supported and an older baby is less able to escape or simply tip out! and the recline feature is handy if your baby takes an unscheduled nod but you know they'll wake if you try to take them out. Also the crotch post is handy if you have tetchy baby that likes to buckaroo their way out and slide out from under the tray.

It has a 4yr guarantee. you have to register online for this to take effect.

Now, the reason I've given this three stars is because although it has all the features, it doesnt necessarily come together with the quality needed to pull it off.
Its shaky and its build quality isnt great, I dont think it would drop down or anything like that but it just doesnt feel solid and well made, And I've been using it barely two months and the seat vinyl is starting to rip at a seam.
It also comes with a list of dos and donts (that invalidate the warranty if they think you've done any of them!), dont pull it along by the tray, dont pick it up by the frame or the seat. - so how the heck am I supposed to move it around the kitchen then?? some lockable castors perhaps would have helped? and altough it states freestanding when folded, it will fall over with the slightest knock, no good at all with a crawling baby!!

I wish I could justify buying a 'peg perego prima pappa' highchair, its what we had first and it was an absolute gem! it cost us 125 but it lasted us for three kids/six years of almost constant use without breaking or failing in any way! I know this is our last baby and I didnt want to go overboard because money is alot tighter now but I blumming wish I'd bought one now!!

Bright Starts Activity Balls
Bright Starts Activity Balls
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars great., 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bright Starts Activity Balls (Toy)
Bought for my 7month old daughter, she will make a dive for these as soon as she sees them and will spend a good amount of time chewing and waving them around before she gets bored. She likes them, Im happy.

St John Ambulance Vinyl Powder-Free Gloves Medium (Box of 100)
St John Ambulance Vinyl Powder-Free Gloves Medium (Box of 100)
Price: 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 28 Nov 2013
Bought primarily for fake tan application but I often use them for dirty jobs that a pair of normal kitchen gloves are too numb for! they are a nice fit on my hands and they don't smell or make my hands itch like others I've had do.

Set of 2 x Refillable Long Nozzle Gas Fire Safety Lighter Home Kitchen Hob BBQ Camping - No need for matches
Offered by BargainShop_London
Price: 1.79

3.0 out of 5 stars temperamental!, 28 Nov 2013
Bought for lighting the log burner, to replace an old Bic non refillable that was great.
These are ok, they always take a good few flicks and a twiddle with the flame size button before you can get them going, but for 2.50 for two, its hardly surprising.
When these two die, I'll probably try looking for a better quality one again!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8