Profile for Gill Barker > Reviews

Content by Gill Barker

Gill Barker "GillyBee" (Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
FLASH SUPERSTORE 3 INCH LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR FOR PANASONIC LUMIX DMC TZ7, TZ9 , TZ10 , TZ18, TZ19 , TZ20 , TZ22, TZ25 & TZ30
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit fiddly but does the job, 11 Jan 2013
I found this screen protector a bit fiddly to put on - there are still a few small bubbles - but it does the trick now that it's on. The screen sensitivity is reduced slightly so sometimes requires a firmer touch when using touch screen controls. All in all an ok buy, though would have preferred more protectors to be included in the pack so I could do a perfect job without the bubbles on another attempt!

Mobilizers: 2 in 1 Replacement Camera Battery + UK & Europe Travel Charger Kit For Panasonic DMW-BCG10e / DMWBCG10e, DMW-BCG10PP / DMWBCG10PP For Panasonic Lumix battery Types DMC-TZ6, DMCTZ6, DMC-TZ7, DMCTZ7, DMC-TZ8, DMCTZ8, DMC-TZ9, DMCTZ9, DMC-TZ10, DMCTZ10, DMC-TZ18, DMCTZ18, DMC-TZ20, DMCTZ20, DMC-TZ22, DMCTZ22, DMC-TZ25, DMCTZ25, DMC-TZ30, DMCTZ30, DMC-TZ65, DMC-ZR1, DMCZR1, DMC-ZR3, DMCZR3, DMC-ZS1, DMCZS1, DMC-ZS3, DMCZS3, DMC-ZS5, DMCZS5, DMC-ZS6, DMCZS6, DMC-ZS7, DMCZS7, DMC-ZX1, DMCZX1, DMC-ZX3, DMCZX3

4.0 out of 5 stars All you need...almost!, 11 Jan 2013
Battery charger works well for my TZ30 camera though have occasionally had to fiddle around with the position of some of the batteries to make them charge. Have used both the UK and Europe power adaptors, so useful to include both. The battery is certainly not the equivalent to my Panasonic battery - uses charge far more quickly - but still useful to use when your Panasonic battery is recharging and you want to take some more shots.

Overall:
Good value for money for what you get. Would buy this again.

SanDisk SDSDX-016G-X46 16 GB Extreme 45 MB/s Class 10 SDHC Memory Card (Packaging Varies)
Price: 12.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 11 Jan 2013
Have no issues with this disc. It's performed better than I expected in my TZ30 camera. Excellent value for money.

Panasonic DMC-TZ30EB-K Compact Camera - Black (14.1MP, 20x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my second TZ30 and I LOVE it!, 11 Jan 2013
Pros:
I'm fairly new to photography but bought my 1st TZ30 for taking shots of humpback whales - it did this perfectly, far better than several of the much larger SLRs could - and the camera has since inspired me to take more photos because I so enjoy using it. I love everything about the TZ30 - compactness, zoom, clarity of pictures, burst (taking multiple shots in quick succession), colour of pictures, video recording - there are so many good things about this camera that I sometimes can't believe it's real!

Cons:
I so wish it could handle just a little water like some SLRs can (my 1st purchase had screen problems and died after a heavy rainstorm - the camera was at the top of my bag in a non-waterproof case). I've solved the problem by buying a waterproof case to keep it in in addition to an Aquapac Mini Waterproof Case with Hard Lens 428 for taking pics in high humidity / rain, but it would be so nice to take it out on its own on misty days or even days with slight drizzle without having to worry about damaging it.

Overall:
Best buy of the century for me!

Ex-Pro® Green Hard Clam Shock proof Digital Camera Case Bag CR294D for Panasonic Lumix DMC-F1, DMC-F2, DMC-F3, DMC-F4, DMC-FH1, DMC-FH2, DMC-FH3, DMC-FH5, DMC-FH7, DMc-FH20, DMC-FH25, DMC-FH27, DMC-FP1, DMC-FP2, DMC-FP3, DMC-FP8, DMC-FS2, DMC-FS3, DMC-FS5, DMC-FS7, DMC-FS9, DMC-FS10, DMC-FS11, DMC-FS12, DMC-FS14, DMC-FS15, DMC-FS16, DMC-FS18, DMC-FS20, DMC-FS22, DMC-FS25, DMC-FS33, DMC-FS35, DMC-
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 4.97

3.0 out of 5 stars ok case for TZ30 but not designed for it, 11 Jan 2013
Pros:
- nice look and feel
- nice colour
- could fit a spare SD card and cloth inside
- I found the clip useful for attaching to a belt loop and it did protect my camera from a couple of small falls

Cons:
- the attachments for the neck tie broke within I day of use
- it was not designed for the TZ30 (the zips do close but appears more forced than they should)
- could not fit a spare battery inside too which I'd have liked to

Overall:
I like this case but not sure its robust enough or roomy enough for me to buy it again. In hindsight, should have paid a little more as a TZ30 camera will cost much more to replace if this case doesn't prove robust enough.

Aquapac Mini Waterproof Case with Hard Lens 428 for Camera
Aquapac Mini Waterproof Case with Hard Lens 428 for Camera
Price: 33.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to smear / scratch case but kept camera bone dry, 11 Jan 2013
It fitted my Panasonic DMC-TZ30 but I wouldn't say perfectly.

Pros:
- allowed me to take pictures in heavy rain

Cons:
- a bit fiddly to use (to get the lens lined up with the lens holder on the case and to change any settings)
- got smears / scratches on the case which did come out in my shots (on close scrutiny of the photos I should add!)
- does not like suncream (do not handle the case after you've just put suncream on!)

Overall:
Would buy this again for what I needed it for - to protect my camera from the rain / misty conditions, eg it survived both heavy mist and a tropical downpour and gave me the confidence to wear my camera round my neck kayaking rather than in a far less easily accessible dry bag. It is far more lightweight than the waterproof camera cases and far lighter. Can't comment on snorkeling / diving / being fully waterproof as didn't use it in the sea.

NB If you get one of these, ensure to use the enclosed silica bags - will protect your camera from condensation too, especially in 100% humidity like the conditions I was using it in.

6 X Lcd Screen Protector For Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace
6 X Lcd Screen Protector For Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace
Offered by memorycapital
Price: 1.04

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit fiddly but do the job!, 2 July 2012
I ordered these after ordering 1 more pricey protector from someone else which I'd failed to apply correctly. There's definitely a knack to applying these! But, once mastered (though mine still has a couple of small air bubbles), has stayed firmly in place for more than 6 weeks now and I have another 4 (yeah I have the 3rd attempt on my phone!) protectors to use.

Stargazer Neon Face & Body Paint Set of 6 (10ml x 6)
Stargazer Neon Face & Body Paint Set of 6 (10ml x 6)
Offered by infinitiveBEAUTY
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 2 July 2012
I ordered these paints for my 40th Birthday - 70s theme including UV lights, glow sticks and these UV paints. They did exactly what I wanted them to do and came in enough colours for lots of variation. They were a little fiddly to apply - had expected tubes to be a little bigger though does specify size in the item name - and did result in a more 'war paint' look than any intricate artwork (though could have used a paint brush to apply). All in all was certainly enough to paint a fair few faces and to glow brightly! Good value for money.

100 Glow Sticks in Mixed Colours & 100 Bracelets Connectors
100 Glow Sticks in Mixed Colours & 100 Bracelets Connectors
Offered by The Glowhouse
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 2 July 2012
I ordered these for my 40th birthday - 70s party filled with UV lights and UV paint - me and my friend grabbed a bundle and tied them to people's arms, connected several together and made them into necklaces and chains etc. Such good value for money and had the whole party glowing!

100 Metres x 35lb Fishing Line
100 Metres x 35lb Fishing Line
Offered by GSM.Traders
Price: 2.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my requirements, 2 July 2012
Arrived promptly after ordering and was perfect for my requirements - needed the line for hanging tissue paper pom poms and it did this perfectly!

Page: 1 | 2