Profile for Oscar Barreda Cuneo > Reviews

Content by Oscar Barreda ...

Oscar Barreda Cuneo "obarreda" (Tacna, -- Peru)

Seventh Heaven
Seventh Heaven
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 April 2015
This review is from: Seventh Heaven (Audio CD)
Beautiful, great work from Anthony & Andrew

The Orange Collection
The Orange Collection
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars The music is what I expected but the sleeve art and credits were horrible. Why, 27 April 2015
This review is from: The Orange Collection (Audio CD)
For what I paid it's ok. The music is what I expected but the sleeve art and credits were horrible. Why? they cut out Chris Stewart from the front picture (the one that you see here). Yes, I know he only recorded one song with Genesis (The Silent Sun), but there isn't John Silver either. The worse part is that you will see Steve Hackett in the songs credits.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2015 4:38 PM BST

Five Miles Out
Five Miles Out

1.0 out of 5 stars SURROUND MIX MESS, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Five Miles Out (Audio CD)
I know the original work was really good but now that I received this deluxe edition I went directly to the Surround disc to listen to it. What a big surprise to notice that the first track Taurus II starts from an edit point so music start abruptly. It's like the first seconds of the original mix has gone. I think this is a defective item with similar edit mistake as on Incantations Deluxe Edition but this one is at the very beginning. Does someone else notice that? Awful and lesson learnt no more Oldfield remixes purchase ever. Lack of quality control by Universal and Mike himself.

Scratch My Back
Scratch My Back

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally agree with one star reviewers, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Scratch My Back (Audio CD)
The title of my review resumes it all. I will just add to this mess the New Blood DVD - Blu Ray. All songs are boring and flat. No emotions. Sorry Peter I liked your music and work even traveled from South America to see you live at the Growing Up tour in Florence (great show). But all these later works are like "let's do some cash I'm Peter Gabriel". Never thought I will say it but I'm saying it today.

Incantations [Remastered]
Incantations [Remastered]

1.0 out of 5 stars IT'S NOT JUST A GLITCH IS MORE THAN THAT, 6 Aug. 2011
Shame on quality control by Universal and Oldfield himself. Don't get me wrong the original Incantations could be five stars but this release lacks of quality control.
****Edit****
I have just received my CD and I can tell you that if Universal says "These tapes included an edit point at 12:37 on Part 4 of Incantations which can be discerned as a small jump in the track..." it's not just a small jump it's a mistake that needs to be corrected right now. Amazon should remove the item until a new release comes to stores. Be warned you will notice the jump even if you never heard Incantations before.

Live In Tokyo [DVD] [2010]
Live In Tokyo [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Gilbert O'Sullivan
Offered by jim-exselecky

4.0 out of 5 stars Track list, 21 May 2011
This review is from: Live In Tokyo [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Bought few days ago and waiting for arrival. I rated this DVD based on the track list:
1.It Ain't For Me
22.So What promo video

Giants Dance
Giants Dance

3.0 out of 5 stars NICE MUSIC, 23 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Giants Dance (Audio CD)
The Musicians:
David Thomas- Vocals, piano, guitar, synths
Ronnie Gunn- Vocals, piano, harmonium
Ant Phillips- Guitar, Producer
Hugh Etheridge- Drums
B.ff. de Leonard- Bass
Thomas and Gunn participated on early versions of Genesis and backing vocals on "From Genesis To Revelation".
The music is not progressive but similar to some Phillips productions. If you like Phillips music then you might give it a try. The booklet contains both words from Banks as from Gabriel.

Calling All Stations: Hybrid SACD + DVD
Calling All Stations: Hybrid SACD + DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ALBUM, 5 Oct. 2007
I agree with the two others that rated with 5 stars this album. The album was great and I can't wait to hear it in 5.1 surround. Ray is a great singer and the complete work was perfect for me.

Still Growing Up - Peter Gabriel Live And Unwrapped [DVD] [2005]
Still Growing Up - Peter Gabriel Live And Unwrapped [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Peter Gabriel

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Great!!!, 18 Dec. 2005
This DVD cannot be compared to the GU 2003 Tour. It captures songs not included on the previous DVD and the ambience is quite different as it was shot around Europe in small festivals which gives a new perspective. It includes a second DVD with interviews between each song and I highly recommend it.