Profile for Ben Ward > Reviews

The Linux Command Line: A Complete Introduction
The Linux Command Line: A Complete Introduction
by William E. Shotts Jr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend this book enough, 3 Jun. 2015
I got everything I was expecting this book and so much more.
Initially I just wanted to get a better handle on bash commands etc. This book covers a vast amount of commands, the thinking behind them and how they can benefit the user.

Toy Fi Teddy Plush Toy
Toy Fi Teddy Plush Toy
Offered by san direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Two very very disappointed children., 27 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Toy Fi Teddy Plush Toy (Toy)
I don't often write reviews but this toy is so bad I feel need to warn others. After watching the fantastic advert on TV my children could not wait to get their hands on these. Once they were set up and my children saw the limitations the bear they never touched them again.
Only works via bluetooth so you have to be within 10 meters of the bear to send or receive messages.
We also realised very quickly that it was hit and miss whether they actually send the message.

Smiffy's Viking Costume - Large
Smiffy's Viking Costume - Large

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 30 April 2014
Having re-read the description, it does't say that it comes with a viking hat, but it doesn't say hat not included either.
very disappointed and feel that I have been misled.

Chew Volume 1: Tasters Choice
Chew Volume 1: Tasters Choice
by John Layman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic first book of an equally fantastic series., 24 Jan. 2014
I took a chance on this comic book a short while ago and I'm so glad that I did. I quite literally couldn't put it down. I'm currently reading volume 6 and will no doubt continue on with the rest of the series.
the illustration is really appealing to me. The humour is what really draws me in though.
If your in any doubt if you should try this comic book. Trust me, take an chance.

Nikon 50mm F1.4G AF-S Nikkor Lens
Nikon 50mm F1.4G AF-S Nikkor Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars This lens is so good I had to review it., 22 Jan. 2012
I don't write many reviews but every now and then I come across a product that is so deserving of a good review it would just be wrong not to.
When I was thinking of purchasing a prime lens I was a bit dubious. I was only used to zoom lenses that enabled me to stand still and either zoom in or out. The concept of actually moving nearer or further away form the subject was a bit alien to me. However, having taken the plunge and buying this lens over a year ago, I have no regrets. I use this lens far more than any of my other lenses. The ability to shoot great shots in low light conditions it fantastic. The colour and sharpness are just perfect. The bokeh when shooting at 1.4 is always gorgeous.
Most of my best shots ware taken with this lens. I would feel lost without it!

The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection [DVD]
The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 16 Mar. 2010
This is a really great purchase. Well presented in a beautiful box set. Great quality and HOURS of viewing.