Profile for S. Blake > Reviews

Content by S. Blake

S. Blake (UK)

J118 LED Replacement Energy Saving Security & Pir Flood Light Bulb R7s J118mm LED 10w Warm White
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars great replacement for energy hungry halogen flood., 9 Jan. 2014
Used this to replace the strip bulb in my outside PIR flood lamp, this is a bulky item and like other reviewers I had to modify the reflector to get it to fit. My reflector was just thin aluminium, so I just cut it to shape around the new bulb.

very pleased, look forward to more savings.

Aurora 12V G4 Unidirectional Capsule LED Bulbs - Warm White - 20W equivalent
Aurora 12V G4 Unidirectional Capsule LED Bulbs - Warm White - 20W equivalent
Offered by Lights4u

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice light, perfect for under kitchen cabinet lighting., 9 Jan. 2014
Since I had bitten the bullet and replaced my energy hungry 50w downlighters, I decided to go the whole hog and replace the halogen capsule bulbs I had in my triangular glass under cabinet lights. I am very pleased with the results, the light is brighter, whiter and no longer means that items placed under the lights are cooked / melted as I had with the old ones. Also the old capsule bulbs didn't last long.

Aurora 6W GU10 LED Light Bulbs Warm White - Perfect Size Retrofit
Aurora 6W GU10 LED Light Bulbs Warm White - Perfect Size Retrofit

5.0 out of 5 stars super replacement for 50w halogens, 9 Jan. 2014
decided to try a couple of these bulbs to see how they compared with the old 50w halogens, while they deliver a whiter light that the old lamps, its not the unpleasant blue of the earlier versions of led lamps. In comparison they provide a nice crisp brighter light that works really well in our kitchen and bathrooms and I now prefer these to the old lights.

Now I can sit relaxed when the kids leave the lights on without getting too stressed thinking about huge electric bills!.

TRIXES Black Micro 2 Port USB 2.1A Car Charger Splitter Adapter for iPod iPhone iPad Mobile SatNav
Offered by Digiflex

2.0 out of 5 stars not working initially but easy modification fixed it, 2 May 2013
I bought two of these and neither one would work in my megane, however comparing this with another plug I had for my gps I could see that the end of the trixes unit is not tapered enough to a bullet shape like my gps one and this was preventing it from seating low enough in the holder. I spend 5 minutes filing the end into more of a point and it fixed it.

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat - Special Edition
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat - Special Edition

1.0 out of 5 stars misleading to say the least !, 17 Dec. 2007
Thanks goodness for reviews !, I would of bought this thinking it was the current production, surely totally against the trade descriptions act...

Nokia HF-35W BlueTooth Easyfit Carkit
Nokia HF-35W BlueTooth Easyfit Carkit

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 17 Dec. 2007
If you want a simple, easy to install and operate cigarette lighter plugin car kit, then this is great value. Bought mine about a year ago and have been very pleased with it.

The Fearless Vampire Killers [DVD] [1967]
The Fearless Vampire Killers [DVD] [1967]
Dvd ~ Sharon Tate

5.0 out of 5 stars The best vampire film ever made, 14 Dec. 2005
Saw this film years ago and loved every minute of it. As stated in other reviews the one thing that this film does is really capture what it would be like to be in Transylvania in winter with the wonderful snow covered mountain landscapes.
Brilliantly acted with the 'less is more' treatment of dialougue.
Nigel