Profile for Big_G66 > Reviews

Content by Big_G66

Big_G66

Rocket WR01S Wooden Ratchet
Rocket WR01S Wooden Ratchet

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as product details described - buy cheaper elsewhere!!, 21 Mar. 2014
My wife wanted a wooded ratchet to help gee on marathon runners. I bought her this because it was described as being 22.8 x 22.2 x 3cm in size. At best it physically measures 15 x 15 x 3cm. I couldn't understand the discrepancy until I measured the card and plastic packaging which were more or less as detailed - I'm not one to make a fuss but since when did anyone buy something by the size of the packaging (no connotations implied).
Do not buy this item - there are others available on Amazon that are cheaper than this - Don't get ripped off!!!

Bicycle Bugle Horn Black Very Loud!
Bicycle Bugle Horn Black Very Loud!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Bike Horn!!, 9 Feb. 2013
It's loud! I bought it as a gift for my wife's god-daughter - she lives in Amsterdam and she loves scaring the tourists with it! ;o)

Ring Automotive RSC516 Smart Charger 12 V 2/4/8/16 A
Ring Automotive RSC516 Smart Charger 12 V 2/4/8/16 A

2.0 out of 5 stars Many features but lacking robustness., 7 Oct. 2012
These chargers are good for recharging and reconditioning batteries, but great care must be taken when using them as I have seen the 'smoke escaping' from three of these (one belonging to me and two belonging to a friend) when a clip has sprung off a battery or the mains voltage dipped slightly (brown-out).
Whilst feature rich, I cannot recommend these chargers as I am somewhat disappointed with their reliability/robustness.

APC LE1200I Line-R 1200VA Automatic Voltage Regulator, Input 230V
APC LE1200I Line-R 1200VA Automatic Voltage Regulator, Input 230V
Offered by Ballicom International

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection for sensitive electronic equipment., 7 Oct. 2012
I bought this for someone who (against my advice) purchased a generator that had limited voltage control to run electronic equipment whilst camping. After he'd fried a good few items (some people never listen!!), I suggested he use an APC voltage regulator. It has paid for itself many times over and saved me a lot of mither!

Celicious Fit-In Dedicated Car Suction Mount Holder for Sony Xperia P / LT22i Nypon | [Can be Mounted in any Angle or Orientation] [Lifetime Guarantee]
Offered by TechDecor UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money., 7 Oct. 2012
Pros: A good quality mount that stays stuck on the windscreen yet can easily be removed as required.
The mount can be adjusted to pretty much any position.
Con: No access to the volume control on the side of the phone when in the mount.

Bipra USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter Kit with Power Adapter for 2.5/3.5/5.25 inch SATA or IDE Drive
Offered by Bipra Limited UK's Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 20 Mar. 2012
A handy bit of kit for copying or transferring files from old hard drives without the hassle. Well worth the money!