Profile for Graham > Reviews

Acctim Sweeper Silver Light & Snooze Alarm Clock
Acctim Sweeper Silver Light & Snooze Alarm Clock
Offered by HARTS

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after a day..., 21 Dec. 2014
I was a little wary of this item after seeing some bad reviews, but decided to buy as my mother has had an Acctim clock similar to this for years without any trouble. It had features I wanted ( back lit screen + it was silent.). At £18 you don't expect it to be Rolls Royce quality, but this was poor. After inserting new batteries it lasted 24 hours and just died. The supplier Beautifye were great, they sent me an immediate replacement without question, so can't fault them. I can't comment on the replacement as I've only had it running for less than a week.

SKS Beavertail Front/Rear Clip On Pair Of Mudguards
SKS Beavertail Front/Rear Clip On Pair Of Mudguards
Offered by mega-bikes - professionelle Teile und Zubehör für Ihr Fahrrad - ab 29€ versandkostenfrei in D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 4 Dec. 2013
Fitted easy in 5 minutes, they look good and does exactly what it says on the plastic. Much better than the cheap rubbishy ones.

Folding Aluminium Transit Wheelchair With Handbrakes - 18" Seat Width (ZT600601AHB)
Offered by Mobility 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fine, 4 Dec. 2013
Got this for my 89 year old mum. Reasonable delivery time, good product for the price. Okay it's feels a little flimsy, but does the job well. Folds compactly, lightweight and easy to put in the car. Job done.

Omron M10-IT Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Dual-User Facility and Dual-Size Cuff

1.0 out of 5 stars Appaling piece of kit, 4 Dec. 2013
I bought this in June 2012 to upgrade from a cheap LLoyds BPII. I wish I had returned the Omron M10-IT while under guarantee as it is not fit for purpose. I agree with all the poor ratings that this machine has, and have experienced all the problems.

1) The cuff is stiff and awkward to put on correctly. I've one size T shirts that fit better. I have a fairly normal arm.
2) Forever getting error readings and can take several attempts before it inflates.
3) Eats batteries. Maybe because of all the constant fiddling and restarting after errors.
4) Most worrying is the accuracy. Over the last few weeks I have compared my readings to my old £9.99 LLoyds. The Omron always reads lower, often by 18 to 20mmHg on the important Diastolic reading. Example, today Omron 114/74. LLoyds reading 126/89. At the surgery it is always higher than with the Omron, closer to the LLoyds.

I have now retired the Omron to the skip and will continue with my LLoyds. Just because something is fancy and costs more doesn't always mean value for money.

Overall, a poor piece of kit that can't be trusted. Especially with your health.